Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What to do with the Raiders roster

Since most of us are in re-building mode, not including myself. What moves do you think the Raiders need to make this next year to get better?

I'm not looking for potential players, I am looking for positions you would replace. Who would you cut? Who would you keep? Include coaches in this thread and please keep a realistic view.

For myself, I would keep CP3 @ QB. Draft O-line, D-line, & CB. Get rid of McClain, & Kelly. I have a couple more ideas, but I'm a little trigger shy to wish change upon players who I believe in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Since most of us are in re-building mode, not including myself. What moves do you think the Raiders need to make this next year to get better?

I'm not looking for potential players, I am looking for positions you would replace. Who would you cut? Who would you keep? Include coaches in this thread and please keep a realistic view.

For myself, I would keep CP3 @ QB. Draft O-line, D-line, & CB. Get rid of McClain, & Kelly. I have a couple more ideas, but I'm a little trigger shy to wish change upon players who I believe in.
    1) McKenzie and Allen are smart. They will trade down for additional picks

2) We need help and depth at CB. I would work free agency for a veteran and the draft for depth. The Michael Huff experiment at CB ends. McKenzie's skills at adressing talent will make or break this position. This is the most glaring deficiency on the Raiders squad.

3) If we are to attempt a 3-4 defensive alignment, we MUST get a NT in the first 3 rounds.

4) The jury is out on Rolando McClain. Literally. He's looking at potential jail time as well as a suspension by the league. The Raiders are holding their cards close on this subject and are having closed door meetings between coach and GM. My thinking is McClain will not be a Raider in 2013. Gone are the days of potential. In are the days of trust and accountability.

5) Like it or not, the O-line will be rebuilt. Veldheer, Wisniewski, Briesel and Bergstrom seem like locks are their respective positions, but logic dictates the LG and RT positions will be adressed. With that being said, with the men we have in charge, nobody is safe.

6) We still need a big bodied receiver. Denarious Moore is inspiring and talented, but he needs a compliment. A veteran. I'm not sold on our receivers. Inconsistency is all to consistent at this position. This same dilemma plagues the TE position.

7) Last, a power running back is needed to fill the void left by Michael Bush. He's sorely missed.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    ill accept the hate i get for this but, mcclain for anything. seymour hopefully retires so 15 million comes of the block. kelly for a 5th. mcfadden(ill level with you guys and say if he doesn't breakout) for a 2nd.

move houston to DT.

1st pick-Best DE
    2nd pick-Best CB
    3rd pick- best LB
    4th pick- QB to groom
    5th pick- NT
    6th pick- RB
    7th pick- bpa

bring in some more rbs from udfa find ourselves our own hidden gem like arian foster.

with the free money bring in a real vet wr(jennings?) and some defensive vets. we can actually afford to give big money to big time players not big money to average starters like al did.

Pair up the best RB we find 6th round pick or udfa with goodson the line by next year will be great at zbs. goodson has experience and find a rb that does as well look how good it can work.

We are becoming more pass heavy. We dont need a dominant running back. get a big time WR which will allow moore to go crazy. Ford can become a primary return man so he wont end up getting hurt all the time.

This team wont be far away if we end up getting a high pick and a dominant player we can be a playoff team next year.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Trade down draft olb/de, cb, lg, rb, wr, nt, fs, bpa,bpa. We insert Bergstrom at rt and draft lg to replace carlisle. Seymore or Kelly will be gone so draft dt/nt to replace em. Its obvious we need cb and fs then a pass rusher or two. As far as McClain he plays decent against the run and blows against the pass. The coaches already pulled him on obvious pass downs which is good. The coaches are doing good things asside from Knapp and with Mckenzie upstairs I can see it being a great offseason.

vCash
    1st off, who in next years draft is worth trading up for? I just don't see it, I don't see the ease of tradind down like much of you are. We can all sit here and say," Reggie is going to trade dowd and get multiple picks," well who is going to trade up into what looks to be a top 5 spot and for whom? I see no Luck or RG3 in next seasons draft....
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    A LT and move veldheer over to RT
    Cut Seymour and Kelly for cap space
    Grab a NT for 3-4 switch
    Draft and sign two LB, one to take McClain's spot and move him
    Draft dmc's replacement
    Draft and sign two cb's

I think we are deep enough at DT/DE to cut those two. With curry we have four starters, gett two more and we have depth. Two more db's and we are solid for 3-4. Offense we really need to upgrade our OL as much as possible and get a back that will make everyone forget about DMC being a bust.

vCash
    trade lechler to cowboys for 3rd round pick!!
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash
    It will be interesting to see what Reggie does at QB.

Will he trade or sign a veteran, like Orton or Flynn, to compete with Palmer? Will he draft a QB in the first round? Will he take a flyer on a QB prospect with potential - a guy like Nick Foles, Brock Osweiler or Ryan Mallet...?

Oakland has some needs, but I'm desperate to see a long-term solution at QB. Palmer won't last forever and I really doubt Pryor is going to improve enough to be trusted with an NFL offense.

vCash
    [QUOTE=slvr&blck760;23961771]

4) The jury is out on Rolando McClain. Literally. He's looking at potential jail time as well as a suspension by the league. The Raiders are holding their cards close on this subject and are having closed door meetings between coach and GM. My thinking is McClain will not be a Raider in 2013. Gone are the days of potential. In are the days of trust and accountability.

QUOTE]

I just don't see it. I don't see our GM, being a former Linebacker himself, letting McClain walk. Especially since McClain is still younger than even the LB Reggie drafted even this year (Burris). I think most don't remember that McClain came out at an early age.

What does McClain do well ? Most would be comical with their answers on that & I understand it. He hasn't been the playmaker we've wanted. Regardless, he's still 23, & has at least shown something for 2 different GM's to plant him in the middle and be the QB of the defense.

For me, he's good against the run. He's as big as a guard out there to take on blocks, to limit RB space to run....Plugs a hole....Struggles shedding blocks at times, and struggles in the passing game. I think he fits in well with the 3/4 scheme on the inside as he'd be willing to take on a lineman to seal his lane in the run game.

I think we saw how to use him yesterday. When a team is pass happy, you get him the hells bells out of there and put a cover LB like Wheeler in his place & go nickel. Bring in the Nickelback like Hanson, and play just two standard LB's.

Dolphins, Steelers, Broncos, & the Falcons all tried to beat us with the pass left and right. Quick passes, etc. And most succeeded obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    1st off, who in next years draft is worth trading up for? I just don't see it, I don't see the ease of tradind down like much of you are. We can all sit here and say," Reggie is going to trade dowd and get multiple picks," well who is going to trade up into what looks to be a top 5 spot and for whom? I see no Luck or RG3 in next seasons draft....
    Manti Te'o ? Although we might be in a position to draft him with our pick depending on the outcome.

We are extremely thin at LB. Curry's injury makes it worse, & nobody right now has the faith in Goethel to do the job if one of the starters gets hurt.

I would draft a LB, or look for one in Free Agency.

**Draft LB or O-line, best player available

**Find a CB or two, plus a rush DE in free agency

**Keep Seymour, dump Kelly, give Bryant/Houston a chance to compete at his spot at DT

vCash
    I know 2 things we should do......

1) Send Willy Smith packing. That man alone killed 2 huge plays on penalties....I personally think those were 2 game changing plays.

2)Bench McFadden and let Mike Goodson play. I think something is wrong with McFadden or we aren't using him to his potential. I think Goodson got the same amount of yards as McFadden on maybe 5 plays vs. McFadden's 20+.

vCash
    I would like to see a big QB like Roethlisberger picked up in the later rounds and groomed under CP3.

I would be pleased to bring in a veteran O-lineman and a veteran CB, and draft at the same position.

I love Lechler, Jano, & Condo but their salaries suck for their positions. I say re-structure their contracts & trade them both for additional draft picks. I think we could get some great value for those guys. Sign Marquette King and draft a solid kicker.

Lastly, I would like to see our defense move to a hybrid type of D. Mix the 4-3 in with the 3-4 and draft position players, not over-hyped crap players. I think RM will do a great job at finding position players.

vCash
    I would like to draft Star Lotulelei with our first overall pick. NT from Utah.

vCash
    We have multiple choices here guys.
    We have players we can trade for picks! trading down does not have to be the only option here.
    Trade
    Kelly for a 3rd
    McClain wtv we can receive for him maybe 5th&6th
    Tyvon branch for a 3rd
    Dmc for 2nd&3rd.
    That said we conclude picks to move up the board to not only already have a top ten pick but a chance to have grab ats for.
    geno smith QB
    Manti te'o LB
    Shayne skov LB
    Jake Mathews T son of hall of famer Bruce Mathews and of course clay Mathews cousin.
    Star lotulelei NT
    Jordan poyer CB
    Joseph Fauria TE
    Johnathan banks CB

Grabing 2 players out of these would be a huge upgrade and is possible.

vCash
    Shayne skov Lb or manti te'o
    Star lotulelei NT
    Jordan poyer CB
    All can be drafted by us! THATS HUGE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast