Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Edwards released for poor behavior

The Atlanta Falcons are a tight-knit bunch this season, as exampled by this week's release of defensive end Ray Edwards.

Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Sunday the Falcons parted ways with Edwards on Monday because he refused to join a team gathering following the Week 10 loss to the New Orleans Saints.

As Falcons coach Mike Smith called on his players to gather in the locker room, Edwards sat alone along the wall and ignored the request. He was called upon three separate times and refused to join until his teammates ordered him over.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank and general manager Thomas Dimitroff were in the room, according to Glazer, and the scene contributed to the decision to waive Edwards. The Falcons might have put up with this behavior in days of old, but that's not what they're about in 2012.
    Source

vCash
    I'm amazed that they even tried 3 times.

To a more no-nonsense coach, being ignored by what's basically a role player, once is enough no matter who else is in the room. Some of my old coaches would have taken a swing after the first attempt.

vCash
    Depends what the three attempts sounded like. Was it a "Ray... Ray... RAY!" or was it, "Ray, can you come over here?" three times?

vCash
    Who needs Ray Edwards when you have Abraham and Bierman??

vCash

Edwards released for poor behavior

Kinda feel bad for him right now..He wasn't what he's worth by any means but it must suck being on one of the best teams in the nfl, to suddenly sitting on the couch watching them. I'm sure he deserved it, but I'm an empathetic person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox_mattyice3 View Post
    Kinda feel bad for him right now..He wasn't what he's worth by any means but it must suck being on one of the best teams in the nfl, to suddenly sitting on the couch watching them. I'm sure he deserved it, but I'm an empathetic person.
    You're much to empathetic. Please tell me you won't feel bad when we cut Turner a week before we win the Super Bowl.