Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles - let's build some confidence

3 15.00%
  • Panthers - higher draft pick

13 65.00%
  • Wouldn't mind either way

4 20.00%
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
    vCash
    I think our attention to QB woes has really masked the bigger issues on this team.

Our WR's are awful. Celek who? Our defense is terrible, utter garbage with few bright spots. Our OL is pee wee league quality.

Keep Vick, improve around him, and then find you a franchise guy in a season or 2.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    which is why you rebuild to get to that point. band-aids don't work. you build through the draft we have some young pieces

mccoy
    brown
    graham
    curry
    cox
    kelce
    kendricks
    ryans

now is the time to add to that list. get some guys in here young and hungry who will mesh and gel and maybe 2-4 years from now we'll be in contention.
    So then we build through our core players best years, wasting them in the process only to have to replace them by building through the next core group. I've seen that movie before, I'll try not to spoil the ending, but it sucks.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Most of the guys I listed are supporting level players. Only cox and McCoy are really core level players

Maybe kendricks.

The band-aid formula has a much more proven failure rate than the build through the draft strategy.

Getting 1 or 2 final pieces is one thing, signing whole rosters is a whole other thing that never works

vCash
    Here's how you know you hit rock bottom.

You lose to a team who has a PSD fanbase of nobody. No trolling, no insults, nothing. We just lost to the most irrelevant team on PSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I think our attention to QB woes has really masked the bigger issues on this team.

Our WR's are awful. Celek who? Our defense is terrible, utter garbage with few bright spots. Our OL is pee wee league quality.

Keep Vick, improve around him, and then find you a franchise guy in a season or 2.
    When hes 34??? No thanks, no need to prolong the rebuild any longer.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    I think the Panthers have a bigger fanbase on PSD than the Jaguars. I've only ever seen 2 jaguar fans on this site.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Most of the guys I listed are supporting level players. Only cox and McCoy are really core level players

Maybe kendricks.

The band-aid formula has a much more proven failure rate than the build through the draft strategy.

Getting 1 or 2 final pieces is one thing, signing whole rosters is a whole other thing that never works
    OK, so address all needs through this draft, other than QB. Restructure Vick.

There is no way on Earth we go in to next year with Foles. It wouldn't make sense. And, there isn't anyone worth risking a high pick on QB wise in the draft this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    When hes 34??? No thanks, no need to prolong the rebuild any longer.
    I would agree if there was a "can't miss" out there.

vCash
    Gruden is still blowing Keulchy for getting blown off the line, missing a tackle, and falling on a loose ball. He did nothing special Jon, nothing.

vCash
    I would agree if there was a "can't miss" out there.
    But with Vick we're not a Super Bowl caliber team...not saying its his fault or that Foles is even any better (especially at this point) But we cant prolong mediocrity, thats the worst thing to be in professional sports. I just hope the Eagles are patient with drafting another qb if Foles doesnt pan out and dont reach for a guy like Geno Smith or Matt Barkley. There is no point in drafting a QB that high if he doesnt have top ten (player at his position) potential
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    i cannot believe im saying this..... this year is not the year to draft a qb...

who are you gunna get in FA????

Flacco? HaHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Schaub?? hes going to be 32 by then... same position..

other then that...thats it...

Its keep Vick or roll with Foles. Bottom line...really theres not a QB in the draft I would risk a top 10 pick on I just dont think its there..

Again you have to roll with Vick or Foles.

Things you need..... lets not talk about coaches here...

2 SAFETIES! Im sorry and Im throwing in the towel....Allen was another wasted 2nd rounder....Coleman you can tell me till im blue in the face....hes a hitter / special teamer...not a starter.

We need to BLOW THE F UP our defense.....we might need 2 new cbs...but we can spare that by getting 2 good safeties in FA / Trade... We need a new defensive scheme this wide 9 is not doing it...

Offensive side of the ball......lets take the bull by the horns... again we need an offensive line....a lot of FAs out there if thye make it there.....

WR! Give me a freaking WR... Splits should be DeSean Jackson & DWAYNE BOWE and put Maclin in the slot, although I honestly would consider trading him...hes really pissed me off lately with his "shunning away from hits"....grow a pair son...

this team has pissed me off more then the "rebuilding" phase with Richie Kotite

vCash
    watching comcast... I think we found our defensive leader....

we just havent given him a chance...

Vinny Curry giving an amazing interview right now...

vCash
    What'd he say? I've been hearing all about it. Sounds like he's really feeling this loss and the way this season is going. Remember, he grew up an Eagles fan...

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Pardon grammar but it went like this basically... what I cannot portray is the EMOTION he put into this....this kid bleeds with us... we need him

Gunner: you have waited a long time for this moment, tell me what did it feel like to finally get out there in a meaningful situation

VC: man it felt great, my main focus was to play my game, and show the fans where I been, to go out there and try to out play guys...but for the most part i was trying to out hustle guys and show the hard work ive put in and do what ive been doing, but its just sucks, really sucks such a heavy loss..these guys WORKED HARD! (gave a look to Gunner like he was gunna cry)

Gunner: how difficult has it been for you to sit and watch and take verbal assaults from friends and fans?

VC: its been very frustrating (pauses) I just tried to keep these guys encouraged, i never got down, i never let my emotions get the best of me, im a team player! Team first! if i was down....ok who? Im gunna get it..im gunna encourage everybody...just all i asked if im down for all my guys to play super hard....they said when your out there to lead by example, so i hope when we go back an watch the film we see that and watch me try to be on every play.

Gunner: On one series in particular you made tackles in back to back plays and the fans let out cheers did you hear them cheering for you?

VC: Yeah that felt could prob one of the most memorable moments for me, and I just want to thank all the fans for being patient with me and patient with this situation... i love it here, everyone knows that and i take pride when i put on that helmet.

Gunner: First two series Carolina had streakers running down the field wide open, what was being talked about there on the sidelines?

VC: you know there was just a miscommunication there with the um... (pauses lol) Im pretty sure were going to watch the film tomorrow and get that corrected, Im pretty sure coach Bowles has a plan hes a pretty good coach.

Gunner: 7 straight losses this team is now 3-8 fans are dying in Philly over the way this team has played, how much is it eating up at you personally and these guys as a whole?

VC: awww man its killing me..its killing me... you saw me in the locker room after the game...i had to get myself together this is killing me.... these guys work so hard and this week i did reps with the team and took pride in trying to get our OLINE ready, and those guys played hard, they all played real hard.... just really sucks that we lost man..

vCash
    Someone tell me something Foles has done that shows promise.
    He audibled into a couple great running/quick throw plays. I'm far from sold on Foles, and he should've had 5 interceptions yesterday, but that was something Vick was never able to do.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast