Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Well the Jays were going ok they were over a 500 team until they got a load of injuries, red sox I don't think wwere never really in it I know they had injuries but they still had a really good offence even with Byrd!

a mix between Bobby V bad manangment and the pitching rotation were underperformaing, we can forget about what happened after the all star break it's N/A the red sox record they were tanking it.
    Still for there reasons both teams were sinking last year, and the Orioles took advantage. The Orioles pretty much beat up on the Jays as well when the teams faced off against each other. Will the Orioles be able to beat up on the AL East this year like they did last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Well the Jays were going ok they were over a 500 team until they got a load of injuries, red sox I don't think wwere never really in it I know they had injuries but they still had a really good offence even with Byrd!

a mix between Bobby V bad manangment and the pitching rotation were underperformaing, we can forget about what happened after the all star break it's N/A the red sox record they were tanking it.
    Jacoby Ellsbury missed 88 games
    David Ortiz missed 72 games
    Dustin Pedroia missed 21 games
    Will Middlebrooks missed 63 games
    Cody Ross missed 25 games
    Carl Crawford only played 31 games

Starting LF/CF/DH/2B/3B/RF all out for extended periods of time.

John Lackey, Andrew Bailey both out for all/most of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Jacoby Ellsbury missed 88 games
    David Ortiz missed 72 games
    Dustin Pedroia missed 21 games
    Will Middlebrooks missed 63 games
    Cody Ross missed 25 games
    Carl Crawford only played 31 games

Starting LF/CF/DH/2B/3B/RF all out for extended periods of time.
    I'm not sure, but I think the Jays would rival that list last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    you realize that if this is what Gomes is getting, what the rest of the FA's will be getting? Ross must be asking for a crap load (we already saw that with a few of the SP signees this month)
    this is the problem with free agents. when one free agent signs early and is overpaid, multiple other free agents who think they are better want to be paid accordingly based on how much better they are, even if that means they would be overpaid too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think the Jays would rival that list last year.
    Wasn't making the list to compare it to the Jays, I'm just saying people saying we're really as bad as 2012 need to take just how much time our core missed, it's not a good recipe for success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    tell us something we don't know troll
    I **** blood

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Wasn't making the list to compare it to the Jays, I'm just saying people saying we're really as bad as 2012 need to take just how much time our core missed, it's not a good recipe for success.
    Well it's pretty much the same reason why the Jays went down the tubes last year.

If what you are saying is true and of course the Blue Jay upgrades, I just don't see the Orioles repeating next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up in 5th place in the AL East honestly.

vCash
    The AL East is wide open next year. The Jays will be better. If healthy, the Red Sox could win 90+ games. I expect the O's to take a slight step back but still contend. The Yankees could finish 1st just as easily as they could finish 3rd. Its a toss up on who the favorite is right now. Should be a fun, competitive division in 2013. Not 1 team in the division is done making moves either.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 11-21-2012 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Gomes getting serious time in the field??!?!

vCash
    He's had a bad reputation when it comes to fielding, so I was surprised when wasn't nearly that bad last season. He's more athletic than he looks and it got to the point when I wasn't really concerned when he took the field.

Probably a slight overpay, but with a contract this small on a team like Boston I don't really see it being an issue.

vCash
    Good for Gomes

vCash
    He's got some good pop, could probably do some decent damage at Fenway
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    With the amount of money Boston dumped, they can afford a signing like this easy.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Gomes getting serious time in the field??!?!
    You do realize that you don't have to be a defensive stud to play LF at Fenway right?

vCash
    I wanted him here to platoon with Lind but there's no way we would have offered that much. Given the contract, there's no question he won't be a platoon guy in Boston. I still don't think you can get away with having him hit vs RHP on a regular basis.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast