Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins tonight's contest?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raptors

13 52.00%
  • Bobcats

12 48.00%
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    vCash
    It's time to start see who is available around the league. Honestly I can't see us doing better with these guys. I think the X-factor for us is actually Ross because he does a lot of the things we want these guys to do. But he doesn't get the chance to. So I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Bargnani should be traded so we don't have to talk about him any longer.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    **** another tough loss.

Side note: Dallas won against a very good Knicks team even without Dirk. OJ Mayo is on a roll.

Damn it hurts watching guys like Mayo/ Crawford/ Batum and Kirilenko playing great basketball.

This 22 game stretch is crazy, a decent 5-5 is still possible. An 8-14 record may not be that bad considering all the injuries and terrible officiating.
    Dallas 7-6, without Dirk

Raptors SF position put up another goose egg in 40 mins of play, thanks in part to my boy MKG. Taylor's defense on DeRozan was also impressive.

MKG has anchored the Cats to a 6 - 5 record. "Per NBA.com, when MKG is on the floor the Bobcats secure 51.7% of available rebounds, compared to just 43.3% when hes on the bench. Interestingly, on the offensive glass the dropoff is slightly less pronounced 32% with MKG on the floor; 27.5% when hes off while at the defensive end, Charlotte is grabbing an awesome 71.8% of available boards with MKG on the floor, and 60.7% when he is not.

Crazier still, in the 194 minutes in which MKG has seen the floor, the Bobs offense is a fantastic 13.8 points per 100 possessions (106.6 vs. 92.8) better than in the 147 in which hes sat, while at the other end the Bobcats are a whopping 11.5 points per 100 possessions better (97.9 surrendered, compared with 109.4) when he plays, compared to when he does not. If my math is correct well, actually, assuming the gift of reading numbers has not yet deserted me
    the Charlotte Bobcats are a silly 25.3 points per 100 possessions better when Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is on the floor than when he is not."

http://www.hardwoodhype.com/2012/11/...d-instant.html

People say refs don't decide games, they put their whistles away to close out games, yet Val got 2 quick fouls & fouled out in the last min of play to bounce the best producing Rap, with his hands straight up & the offensive player jumping into his chest. Followed by non calls on DeRozan, Lowry & Bargnani.

Wouldn't shock me in the least if OKC got a top 5 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Dallas 7-6, without Dirk

Raptors SF position put up another goose egg in 40 mins of play, thanks in part to my boy MKG. Taylor's defense on DeRozan was also impressive.

MKG has anchored the Cats to a 6 - 5 record. "Per NBA.com, when MKG is on the floor the Bobcats secure 51.7% of available rebounds, compared to just 43.3% when hes on the bench. Interestingly, on the offensive glass the dropoff is slightly less pronounced 32% with MKG on the floor; 27.5% when hes off while at the defensive end, Charlotte is grabbing an awesome 71.8% of available boards with MKG on the floor, and 60.7% when he is not.

Crazier still, in the 194 minutes in which MKG has seen the floor, the Bobs offense is a fantastic 13.8 points per 100 possessions (106.6 vs. 92.8) better than in the 147 in which hes sat, while at the other end the Bobcats are a whopping 11.5 points per 100 possessions better (97.9 surrendered, compared with 109.4) when he plays, compared to when he does not. If my math is correct well, actually, assuming the gift of reading numbers has not yet deserted me
    the Charlotte Bobcats are a silly 25.3 points per 100 possessions better when Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is on the floor than when he is not."

People say refs don't decide games, they put their whistles away to close out games, yet Val got 2 quick fouls & fouled out in the last min of play to bounce the best producing Rap, with his hands straight up & the offensive player jumping into his chest. Followed by non calls on DeRozan, Lowry & Bargnani.

It's depressing to read your post B2B.

Dallas can withstand a long stretch without Dirk on a very tough western conference. They have a very good coach with a very reliable SG in Mayo.

MJ's team is beginning to pan out. Yes, your pick MKG is a beast. I wish Casey was not stubborn enough to win those useless games last season. The very least we could have gotten maybe Barnes.

Do you think the Raps need another household name on their roster to get respect from the refs? I think Lowry is the only one on this team that occasionally gets those "star preferred" calls.

As far as OKC, can they be more lucky enough.

3-9 right now, I know it's not a sprint (I like Lowry's optimism) but looking at this team, is BC's goal of making the playoffs possible? Our division is tough and most of those tier 2/3 teams are not pushovers either. Is he content or is he just too inept in forming a decent team. ****, it's frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Dallas 7-6, without Dirk

I still really wish me got MKG

vCash
    Also how did you guys not know that you can jump on your freethrows? As long as you don't cross the line before the ball hits the rim you can do whatever the hell you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Also how did you guys not know that you can jump on your freethrows? As long as you don't cross the line before the ball hits the rim you can do whatever the hell you want.
    that was my understanding. I think you could be anywhere in the top half of the free throw circle.

vCash
    It's depressing to read your post B2B.

Dallas can withstand a long stretch without Dirk on a very tough western conference. They have a very good coach with a very reliable SG in Mayo.

MJ's team is beginning to pan out. Yes, your pick MKG is a beast. I wish Casey was not stubborn enough to win those useless games last season. The very least we could have gotten maybe Barnes.
    One game & coin flip, difference between Fields & Barnes, let that sink.

It was of course my opinion MKG would have been a perfect fit for this team but at #2 out of draft reach. Didn't think anyone else had him that high on their list considering the options in this draft

Do you think the Raps need another household name on their roster to get respect from the refs? I think Lowry is the only one on this team that occasionally gets those "star preferred" calls.
    Considering Bosh got those calls, I would say yes but in reality don't know what it would take to get the officials respect. I think sports betting plays into how a game is eventually officiated.

Last nights betting line, Raptors are 0-7 with him officiating.

3-9 right now, I know it's not a sprint (I like Lowry's optimism) but looking at this team, is BC's goal of making the playoffs possible? Our division is tough and most of those tier 2/3 teams are not pushovers either. Is he content or is he just too inept in forming a decent team. ****, it's frustrating.
    I think playoffs are still possible, though appearing unlikely. A better start was possible & would have been nice considering 3 games were decided on the last possession by officiating no matter one's opinion on it.

Considering schedule, the 3-9 record could easily be 7-5.

The teams may be more balanced but there are only 2-3 strong teams in the East. Raptors have been in all games except for OKC & Boston.

SF is a huge problem on roster. Casey's current solution is 2 PG's. I would like management to address SF but not rush the decision based on desperation. (Rather lose a high pick to OKC than to dig a bigger hole).

Despite the mandate to win make sure the rookies don't get left out in the process.
    Last edited by B2B; 11-22-2012 at 11:34 AM.

vCash
    ^ With regards to officiating, since Oak/AD left Raps had this reputation as being soft. I think that carried over even during Bosh's tenure so I think the team are beginning to turn that around with Casey and now Lowry. I guess that takes time. Hopefully Val and Lowry can start the change plus that legit no. 1 option I am hoping for.

I read from Doug Smith's blog that Raps are taking the high road to complain about the poor officiating by going through the proper channels. We are just so proper isn't it .

vCash
    Maybe we can make a trade with okc for ibaka + our pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Maybe we can make a trade with okc for ibaka + our pick
    maybe

in another universe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    I still really wish me got MKG
    Still 19ys, with no jumpshot.

In 27min -11.9 ppg (46%), 6.8 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.4 blks, 1.2 stls.

Only Wade is a better shot blocker from the wing,

On/Off + 25

Team record (6 - 5)

Watching the Cats games, Taylor has been impressive as well.

vCash
    ^ With regards to officiating, since Oak/AD left Raps had this reputation as being soft. I think that carried over even during Bosh's tenure so I think the team are beginning to turn that around with Casey and now Lowry. I guess that takes time. Hopefully Val and Lowry can start the change plus that legit no. 1 option I am hoping for.

I read from Doug Smith's blog that Raps are taking the high road to complain about the poor officiating by going through the proper channels. We are just so proper isn't it .
    Granted officiating has effected the outcome of several games.

Fact is good teams win despite officiating.

Raptors came out the gate with Bargnani struggling & Fields posting 2 ppg. Right now I can't say were a good team.

That said Bargnani is elevating his play & the chemistry is coming along. Casey needs to find a different solution to the 2 PG lineup.

Sessions was more than happy & predicted a win facing Calderon.

vCash
    damn.. i didn't see the end of the game.. just watched the highlights.. we had some damn good looks in that last 25 seconds..also looked like a couple fouls.. adds up to another heartbreaker. awesome.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    one thing i will say tho.. at least we got good looks.. usually in that situation we don't even get an attempt up.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast