Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Andrus

vCash

Elvis Andrus

There has been no rumors, not trying to get any hopes up but after seeing all of these Upton talks form Tiger fans I was curious of what people think of an Elvis Andrus deal instead of Upton.

A stud SS like Andrus is extremely hard to find and right now Detroit has the pieces and probably the best time to think of it.

IMO, I would think a package of Castellanos, Garcia, Porcello and Crosby would get them interested. To me, this would be MUCH better use of top prospect trade chips, if Detroit decides to make a trade.

Thoughts?

vCash
    honestly idk what were planning to do with NC, id trade him in a package deal to get andrus, our outfield is good without him, keeping berry/hunter, obiously jackson, and dirks as our regular lineup, andrus is a good young, talented, short stop, we wouldnt be the worst defensive team out there with him!

vCash
    Adding Andrus would be my wet dream. The speed and defensive ability at the SS position is something we need. Jackson and Andrus reeking havoc on base in front of Cabrera and Fielder would be a huge benefit for the Tigers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Adding Andrus would be my wet dream. The speed and defensive ability at the SS position is something we need. Jackson and Andrus reeking havoc on base in front of Cabrera and Fielder would be a huge benefit for the Tigers.
    Then add V-Mart and Hunter you have the best 1-6 line-up in baseball. Pure balance of speed, power, average and protection throughout. Dirks, Avila, Infante could possibly be the best 7-9 trio in the league as well.

vCash
    I would love Andrus, but I Texas won't deal him. They reportedly would not deal him for Upton (they tried to deal Olt for Simmons to spin to AZ). Profar or Andrus will end up at 2B when they slide Kinsler to LF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    I would love Andrus, but I Texas won't deal him. They reportedly would not deal him for Upton (they tried to deal Olt for Simmons to spin to AZ). Profar or Andrus will end up at 2B when they slide Kinsler to LF.
    I've read Rangers fans saying the general plan is to put Andrus in CF.

vCash
    Ya I saw that, but if they were to receive 2 top OF prospects plus some pitching depth that would be WAY different than just getting Upton. Not to mention that Castellanos could still be a 3B or a trade chip for them.

vCash
    I don't think Garcia is considered a top prospect by anybody in baseball.

vCash
    I am not a fan of head-case artists like Hamilton and Andrus. Every ballgame brings a different personality with these two. Dave Dombrowski learned a valuable lesson on headcase ballplayers in 2005 (Ugueth Urbina). I doubt Dave goes down that road again.
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 11-22-2012 at 08:28 AM.

vCash
    And don't forget Delmon Young.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I don't think Garcia is considered a top prospect by anybody in baseball.
    He's a 22 year old with real good speed, power, plate discipline, good on D and great arm in the OF. Not to mention he's been learning from the best hitter in baseball the last couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    He's a 22 year old with real good speed, power, plate discipline, good on D and great arm in the OF. Not to mention he's been learning from the best hitter in baseball the last couple years.
    He probably never met Cabrera until he came up in August or whatever, where do you get 2 years? He platooned against lefties when he came up, that means NOTHING, and his plate discipline isn't good. Nobody thinks he's a top prospect except some delusional Tigers fans, I will be quite suprised if he ever becomes a solid everyday starter in the majors.

vCash
    He probably never met Cabrera until he came up in August or whatever, where do you get 2 years? He platooned against lefties when he came up, that means NOTHING, and his plate discipline isn't good. Nobody thinks he's a top prospect except some delusional Tigers fans, I will be quite suprised if he ever becomes a solid everyday starter in the majors.
    Well said!

vCash
    The last 2 years at spring training he was by Miggy's side the whole time until he was sent to the minors. Plus the off-season training they do. So I guess year and half.

I never said he was a top prospect in baseball, I'm talking OF. You're not gonna find many hitters with 5-tools. I'll probably be more surprised if he isn't a contributing everyday player.

Only reason he platooned was to get him experience and because they don't think Dirks is an everyday player. He can hit RHP just as well, even if he is a tiny bit worse against RHP, find me a 21-year old who doesn't need to make an adjustment or 2 (besides Trout).
    Last edited by kokes; 11-22-2012 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    I like Andrus alot. Hes solid everywhere. But Id sill rather have Upton. If we sign Stephen Drew, than Peralta could be a good trade chip to Arizona. More so than Texas. Arizona has already expressed in him and we have expressed interest in Upton. Its a perfect match for a potential Upton deal. Nick C, Garcia, Peralta, and Porcello for Justin Upton and Trevor Baurer.

Sign a starting pitcher. Whether its Sanchez or not, find one. Ryan Dempster would be alright.

Sign Stephen Drew

Sign a bullpen arm to compete for the closer job. Jonathon Broxton maybe?

Trade Peralta, Garcia, Porcello, and Nick C for Justin Upton and Trevor Baurer.

Trade Boesch to the Dodgers for Javy Guerra. Another hard throwing arm for the bullpen

1. CF Austin Jackson/ Berry
    2. RF Tori Hunter/Dirks
    3. 3B Miguel Cabrera
    4. 1B Prince Fielder
    5. LF Justin Upton
    6. DH Victor Martinez
    7. C Alex Avila/Holloday
    8. SS Stephen Drew/Santiago
    9. 2B Omar Infante

Bench: Andy Dirks, Quenton Berry, Ramon Santiago, Holloday,
    1. Justin Verlander
    2. Max Sherzer