Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Andrus

vCash
    I would like to see them trade Porcello, Peralta and Crosby for Bauer and Putz. ARI said they want LHP and a 3B plus Porcello would probably be their #4. If they sign Drew.

IMO, it's stupid for them to trade for an OF when they already have 5 to choose between in LF (3-good, 2-bad). They need to get someone good at a premier position.

vCash
    That seems like a pretty fair trade, but they don't really need a starting pitcher in Arizona. I would say Jackson is good at a premier position, especially if he does what he did this past season with around a .900 OPS and playing a great CF. Honestly, if he keeps that up, he's more valuable than Cabrera.

vCash
    we will never get Andrus from Texas even thought it would be nice. but here is the thing for me--- if Nicky C is that good n a natural 3rd baseman then start grooming him to play shortstop!? seems pretty logical to me n its easier for him to make that transition than turning into an outfielder???? then we have our shortstop for the next 10 years. Am i wrong??????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitfans#1 View Post
    we will never get Andrus from Texas even thought it would be nice. but here is the thing for me--- if Nicky C is that good n a natural 3rd baseman then start grooming him to play shortstop!? seems pretty logical to me n its easier for him to make that transition than turning into an outfielder???? then we have our shortstop for the next 10 years. Am i wrong??????
    Nick is a sub-par infielder-defender. He is not agile and is too big to play middle infield. His glove is the reason why he was moved to the outfield. He's even struggling right now in the outfield. Tigers almost moved Nick to the outfield, one year prior to Fielder arriving.

Please stop these Nick at 3B/SS/2B discussions.

vCash
    Sounds like we have to trade him IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Sounds like we have to trade him IMO
    Yep..... all 20 year-olds have hit the wall of their outfield-learning years.
    If they cannot learn corner outfield in four months, then trade them.
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 11-24-2012 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Yep..... all 20 year-olds have hit the wall of their outfield-learning years.
    If they cannot learn corner outfield in four months, then trade them.
    That was meant to be more sarcastic than anything

vCash

Tigers in !#

With the talk about Upton going on, I read that Texas loves him. How about a 3 team deal. Peralta,Porcello,and Castlellanos to Arizona. Upton to Texas. Andrus to detroit. I'm a life long Tiger fan now living in Arizona and very few people who see Upton in the line up every day are excited about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    I am not a fan of head-case artists like Hamilton and Andrus. Every ballgame brings a different personality with these two. Dave Dombrowski learned a valuable lesson on headcase ballplayers in 2005 (Ugueth Urbina). I doubt Dave goes down that road again.
    What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know who Elvis Andrus is? The kid hasn't had a publicized problem in his life; he's a everything you want personality wise in a ball player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sudser View Post
    With the talk about Upton going on, I read that Texas loves him. How about a 3 team deal. Peralta,Porcello,and Castlellanos to Arizona. Upton to Texas. Andrus to detroit. I'm a life long Tiger fan now living in Arizona and very few people who see Upton in the line up every day are excited about him.
    I think Detroit gives up too much there. I would add Bauer to the Tigers and Arizona gets Matthews from Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    i think detroit gives up too much there. I would add bauer to the tigers and arizona gets matthews from texas.
    yes.

vCash
    You guys can not get over this trevor bauer kid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Booo

Sober Dekker posts =/ fun
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    He's got the ability to be a #2 and he's young. I'd take him over Porcello ANY day. Truthfully I want Skaggs from Arizona but don't think they would trade him, Bauer is not best option. But I think Smyly and Skaggs would make a great LHP duo in a rotation.

vCash
    we're in the field of trading prospects. not taking on new ones

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast