Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tigers trade for 2 Rule 5 Players - fml

Mets selected LHP Kyle Lobstein from the Rays with the 10th pick in Thursday's Rule 5 Draft.
    Lobstein was then shipped to the Tigers. The 23-year-old southpaw posted a 4.06 ERA and 129/69 K/BB ratio in 144 innings this past season at Double-A Montgomery.

Red Sox selected INF Jeff Kobernus from the Nationals with the seventh pick in Thursday's Rule 5 Draft.
    Kobernus was then traded to the Tigers. The 24-year-old second baseman batted just .282/.325/.333 in 366 plate appearances this past season at Double-A Harrisburg.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Tigers traded Justin Henry for Koernus

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...ww.typepad.com
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Tigers trade cash considerations for Lobstein
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I don't get why you're against this?

Lobstein is a young lefty which are never bad to have and the Tampa organization knows how to develop pitchers. For cash too. Gave up nothing for him and could be good.

Kobernus is a younger 2B with speed instead of a guy who's more than likely going to spend 95% of his career in the minors.

vCash
    I think Lobstein will get a shot at the LH relief spot even though he has been strictly a starter so far. His numbers are just shy of Oliver's.

Kobernus interest me because of his speed. Could he be a replacement for Santiago or Worth?

vCash

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    I don't get why you're against this?

Lobstein is a young lefty which are never bad to have and the Tampa organization knows how to develop pitchers. For cash too. Gave up nothing for him and could be good.

Kobernus is a younger 2B with speed instead of a guy who's more than likely going to spend 95% of his career in the minors.
    Do you know how the rule 5 draft works? Tigers have just wasted 2 25 man roster spots on guys that other teams didn't think were 40 man roster worthy. WS caliber teams shouldn't have to use the Rule 5 draft to win.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    YOU SHOULD NOT POST UNTIL YOUR SIG IS GONE!!!!!!
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    This is surprising to me also. Who are these guys gonna take spots from. We do have a bullpen opening but is Lobster man gonna win over Downs, Crosby, Below. I think he will get boiled and returned. As far as Kobernus are we getting rid of Worth and Santiago. Just don't see it since he only plays 2nd. Would like to be able to keep him though for depth in the minors but those aren't the Draft rules.

vCash
    Stupid stupid stupid!! 2 players from the rule 5 draft just wow. Were stuck with them on are MLB roster for the whole year or less we trade them back to there original team for 25K. These playes have never stepped foot on a MLB field before.
    Last edited by BrosB4Hos; 12-06-2012 at 01:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Do you know how the rule 5 draft works? Tigers have just wasted 2 25 man roster spots on guys that other teams didn't think were 40 man roster worthy. WS caliber teams shouldn't have to use the Rule 5 draft to win.
    Ya I do. There needs to be a reason they did these moves, so wouldn't be surprised if a deal or 2 were followed involving Worth/Santiago/Crosby/Below.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Ya I do. There needs to be a reason they did these moves, so wouldn't be surprised if a deal or 2 were followed involving Worth/Santiago/Crosby/Below.
    Yeah I think there going to move Santiago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Stupid stupid stupid!! 2 players from the rule 5 draft just wow. Were stuck with them on are MLB roster for the whole year or less we trade them back to there original team for 25K. These playesr have never stepped foot on a MLB field before.
    25K is pocket change for the Tigers. Dombrowski is not obligated to keep any Rule-5 guy the entire season. He won't lose any sleep removing them from the roster and neither should you.

So sleep well. If the experiments works during spring training, then fine & dandy. If not, then no big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    25K is pocket change for the Tigers. Dombrowski is not obligated to keep any Rule-5 guy the entire season. He won't lose any sleep removing them from the roster and neither should you.

So sleep well. If the experiments works during spring training, then fine & dandy. If not, then no big deal.
    Well put.

My 11 year old would say, "Chill, bluegill"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post

This is exactly my thinking. Why not roll the dice on a couple of newbies. We already know what Santiago and Worth are capable of. Is it that horrible to try something else? We took a chance signing QBerry as a minor league free agent last year and he worked out pretty nice.

I'm all for the moves. Kobernus gives us speed, something we definitely need especially if we don't move Boesch and Berry is moved down (which I don't agree with). Plus, although he is listed as a 2nd basman, I've heard that he is capable of being a utility guy. They may even try him out in LF to platoon with Dirks if they don't find anyone else

The lefty is just that. He's basically Andy Oliver all over again. We needed a lefty bullpen arm, and they obviously liked him over Oliver.

I don't get the thought that these are end all be all players and must stay on the roster. Most Rule 5'ers get sent back to their old teams or a deal is worked out to get them to stay. Not a big deal. I like seeing fresh faces.

Plus, if you actually look at the list of past Rule 5 drafts, there are some pretty notable names. Jose Bautista was a rule 5, as was Josh Hamilton, Alexi Ogando, Shane Victorino, Joakim Soria, Johann Santana, Dan Uggla, Jayson Werth, etc. Many more. So I don't get the hate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast