Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Faux-Pas

vCash

Rookie Faux-Pas

Ok so basically its a 6pts game in favor of Portland agains Chicago, 5seconds left, Portland gets the all on a rebound and Damian Lillard receives a long pass and instead of running the clock down he just goes to the basket and dunks it...after the wistle Taj gets mad, the commentators go «WOW whats that? we don't do this kind of thing in the NBA...»
    http://www.nba.com/video/games/blaze...nba/index.html

Am I the only one who really think that this doesn't matter at all? It was not a blowout so Damian was not really trying to insult anyone...and more than that I've always been against running the last 24 seconds off the clock down, I mean of I pay to see the game I expect them to play until the end. Maybe it's just only my point of view but I just thought that this situation was blown off proportion, especially the commentators acting like he did something CRAZY...!

vCash
    It's a dumb unwritten rule or guideline to follow with running out the 24 or not showboating when the game is out of reach. I don't care if it's my team or the other team that does it at the end of the game, it's entertainment.

vCash
    They are just getting pissy because they didnt win. He is a ROOKIE. Let him explore the NBA. Its Not the playoffs so CHILL THE **** OUT

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    another point is the true fans like myself , grab a pro line ticket and take their team to win by the spread .....a 6 point win is needed........and I'm a raptor fan, so Ive lost a lot of cash this season.....mainly because the way the Casey has handled my Jonas V minutes.....with him in the game we are plus 30 in the last few games.....without him total collapses in the fourth, because he wont play him, no matter how good he does......i hate caesy...........The way i see it, Casey owes me some money....those last three games should have been easy wins........but nothing is easy with casey..........He is the next Sam Mitchell.......................Jonas will get the minutes, but with Casey at the helm, it won't be as quick as i hope.......Whatch some video casey........crunch the numbers........its not hard to see what works and what doesn't........patheic
    <b>THE  OPINION</b>

Does thinking your the last sane man on this
    planet make you crazy...then maybe i am...

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    It's funny how when somebody suggest to play every possession like the game depended on it, people applaude that mentality, but then you get somebody who actually plays like that, and the guy gets P!$$ED on. I mean seriously... if you didn't want the guy dunking it, at least put a body between him and the basket. Besides, fans like to see dunks. He was just giving the fans that stuck around until the closing seconds something to watch.

Andif the Bulls thought Portland should just be winding the clock down, why did they take a shot on the previous play?
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 11-21-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    "Nate Robinson telling Lillard we don't do that in the NBA." LOL

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    good for Lillard. you don't stop playing till the final whistle blows.

next he should be expecting a harsher reality if he did it again. Unwritten expectations at the end of games. its not a rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    "Nate Robinson telling Lillard we don't do that in the NBA." LOL
    And yet he goes and does this.... Bit of a hypocrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNweo-sRJo

vCash
    All of these comments until it happens to your team lol.

vCash
    Damian shouldnt have done that. He is a rookie though, he probably knows now that it wasnt the right thing to do.

vCash
    Ahhh f it, the guy was coming up close and he just wanted to put it away, it wasnt a flashy dunk or anything like that, Taj needs to calm down take your loss and head home

vCash
    The funnier thing was the bulls announcers were saying that if you don't like it don't let it happen.

vCash
    Damn thats messed up.

Jared Jeffries is still in the NBA...

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    for the record he apologized and mentioned it did not even occur to him, he just caught a pass and on instinct scored.

vCash
    It's not like anybody was watching this game...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast