Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you believe in abortions?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

23 39.66%
  • Yes

35 60.34%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Politics?
    Unless the poster actually meant to ask whether we believe in abortion, this is a political question and not a general discussions question.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    It's none of my business. The government needs to stay out of my personal life and pocket book. I wish my fellow conservatives agreed with me.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    You ever heard of animal shelter?

Not everyone wants animals. Not everyone wants a human.
    So that means they dont deserve to live? I'd rather my baby grow up in a foster home than just be like "na, I cant afford it. Im gonna kill the ****ing thing."

Same for my dog. If i knew i couldnt afford it, would I just kill it? No, i bring it to the shelter. I dont care how long it stays there, its better than having its life taken away because of ignorance and stupidity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Not my decision to make. If someone wants one, go ahead. I just find it ironic that people will scream for less government regulation and control over anything and everything, but when it comes to abortion they want the government to step in and tell people what they can and cannot do.
    Preach brother.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Like I said in another post, that fetus will grow lungs and a heart, it's easier for some people to discuss because it is such a plain and ismple topic, which is technically keeping a baby or depriving it of life.

Again, to me, it all depends on the situation. Aborting a baby because it means you won't have any time to party or go out with friends would just be wrong, in my opinion.
    An abortion is not either keeping a baby or depriving it of life. It is not as simple as you describe it. I imagine people that have never had to make that call tend to view it as a simple decision. Much like people who have never had to watch a loved one suffer a terminal and debilitating disease probably think physician assisted suicide is a simple decision. They are only simple until one actually faces those decisions. Then they become the most difficult and gut wrenching decisions that a person ever makes.

I am pro-choice for one very simple reason. These situations must be looked at on a case by case basis and not a blanket mandate from someone who is not actively involved in the situation. Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion and it often means adhering to the simple mode of "safe, legal, and rare". But also very relevant to the legality is that your opinion is irrelevant to the decision. It doesn't matter how you feel on scenario X, Y, or Z. You are the last person who has any say into the outcome of the pregnancy unless you are the one who is pregnant, the one who got her pregnant, or the doctor treating her. If you aren't one of those three people, then get out of the way.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Like I said in another post, that fetus will grow lungs and a heart, it's easier for some people to discuss because it is such a plain and ismple topic, which is technically keeping a baby or depriving it of life.
    Yeah it MIGHT grow lungs and a heart. Or maybe it won't develop well or maybe a miscarriage or maybe a dozen scenarios where it doesn't. Can't base this on potential. Sperm have the potential to be babies, but we're not gonna ban male masturbation or prosecute a guy for having sex and not having everyone of the thousands of sperm ejaculated turn into a baby.

vCash
    Abortion should be allowed. I only say this for the sake of Stem cell research

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakalaz View Post
    So that means they dont deserve to live? I'd rather my baby grow up in a foster home than just be like "na, I cant afford it. Im gonna kill the ****ing thing."

Same for my dog. If i knew i couldnt afford it, would I just kill it? No, i bring it to the shelter. I dont care how long it stays there, its better than having its life taken away because of ignorance and stupidity
    Do you store your sperm, or something?

When do you consider a sperm to be a human being?

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Abortions are real!

vCash
    As a Catholic, no, but I could see why it's necessary under some circumstances. If a regular person just got pregnant but aborted it because they just didn't feel like raising a child, then I think it's wrong. If it's a 15 year old girl who got rapped, then it's obviously more appropriate.
    But why should a child be put into a position where they're not wanted or the parents are not able to properly care for it?

vCash
    Do you store your sperm, or something?

When do you consider a sperm to be a human being?
    Yeah good response.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah it MIGHT grow lungs and a heart. Or maybe it won't develop well or maybe a miscarriage or maybe a dozen scenarios where it doesn't. Can't base this on potential. Sperm have the potential to be babies, but we're not gonna ban male masturbation or prosecute a guy for having sex and not having everyone of the thousands of sperm ejaculated turn into a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    An abortion is not either keeping a baby or depriving it of life. It is not as simple as you describe it. I imagine people that have never had to make that call tend to view it as a simple decision. Much like people who have never had to watch a loved one suffer a terminal and debilitating disease probably think physician assisted suicide is a simple decision. They are only simple until one actually faces those decisions. Then they become the most difficult and gut wrenching decisions that a person ever makes.

I am pro-choice for one very simple reason. These situations must be looked at on a case by case basis and not a blanket mandate from someone who is not actively involved in the situation. Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion and it often means adhering to the simple mode of "safe, legal, and rare". But also very relevant to the legality is that your opinion is irrelevant to the decision. It doesn't matter how you feel on scenario X, Y, or Z. You are the last person who has any say into the outcome of the pregnancy unless you are the one who is pregnant, the one who got her pregnant, or the doctor treating her. If you aren't one of those three people, then get out of the way.
    I agree with you guys. I was just trying to say that this is a popular subject for the reason that by many, it's viewed as "life or death."

As for the bolded, dbroncos, again, I agree, but under certain scenerios such as rape, incest, etc... or it's a really serious matter such as the woman who eventually was killed because of her miscarried child (GD Thread).

If a woman is looking for an abortion because they just don't want to raise a child and they wouldn't have any time to party or something like that, then I find it wrong.

vCash
    Just going to randomly throw this in, but studies have shown that increases in abortions correlate in decreases in crime rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    But why should a child be put into a position where they're not wanted or the parents are not able to properly care for it?
    If the parent is in the position where they could have the baby with no health problem, money problems, and have the ability to care for it but just don't want to, then adoption is an option.

vCash
    If the parent is in the position where they could have the baby with no health problem, money problems, and have the ability to care for it but just don't want to, then adoption is an option.
    Except that there are more babies/children up for adoption than people looking to adopt.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast