Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mock Drafts and Big Boards

I posted one in the current draft thread and someone asked for a seperate thread for peoples big boards and mock drafts so here it is. Have at it. My current mock draft is:

First Titus Young gets traded to the Jets for a fourth this year and seventh next year.

Also I see a trade with Miami for our second rounder and a fifth next year for both their third rounders

1. Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame; not much to say that is not pretty well know. He is the most complete linebacker to come out since Patrick Willis. He has the speed to rush. He has the size and strength to play the run and get off blocks. He also is the best pass covering LB I have ever seen. Would start right away at either outside position that is not filled by Levy or Durant, whichever is resigned.

3a. Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma; the first of three in this round. He would immediately start at SS across from Delmas. He has great closing speed against defenders and immediately improves our secondary.

3b. William Gholston DE MSU; has tremendous athletic ability. Would be a starter after KVB leaves next year. He could learn a lot and with all the talent around him could find how to use the athletecism to get after QBs consistently.

3c. Tyrann Mathieu CB/S/KR LSU*; the final of the third round. Honeybadger can get after a football better than most. If it is thrown near him 95% of the time it will not get to the receiver without a perfect throw. Out of that 95% 50% of the time he gets the ball back. He is the playmaker we need in the back seven. He could also challenge to return kicks for the first year.

4. Denard Robinson QB/RB/WR/KR Michigan, He obviously is not going to dethrown Stafford. However he is a weapon that would be well utilized in the offense. A third down RB that can catch and a good slot receiver. He could also come and force the coaching staff to impliment to Wildcat. He immediately gives up and offensive playmaker anywhere on the field.

5. Zach Martin OT Notre Dame, he gives consistent pass protection. Has had good and bad games. Is a good depth move. Could back up Rieff over the next few years if Fox doesn't pan out.

6. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State, some say he is a bigger slower Titus Young. I disagree. Titus never had pro bowl potential. This guy was Walterfootballs no.3 pick preseason in the draft. He has great hands, good body control, and a tall frame which is needed with the new big corners breaking out in the league. He doesn't have game breaking speed but is respectable enough to warrent a safety near him. He dropped down boards cause he quit the team mid year. Seems like a good time to take him if he is available.

7. Ryan Allen P Louisiana Tech; We have had three punters in the last two years and they all have been below average to say the least. This years punter of the year has a ton of leg. We need someone to take over that position for a while so it is not a revolving door.

UDFA to grab: Roy Roundtree WR Michigan; good for practice squad, local high character guy. Colin Klein QB KSU; Heisman finalist, be a good locker room presence and give us third stringer when Hill leaves after this year. Marcus Lattimore RB SC, has chip on shoulder. Will have time to heal knee and challenge for starting job a year later.
    Johnny Adams CB MSU, Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner University (Miami)*

* denotes players who did not play a game this year.

vCash
    I like your draft but I don't think some of it will happen because of trades. If Teo is there at #7 overall, I say we take a look at him but I really don't think it will happen.

My 1st draft prediction is that Alex Smith (QB-SF) gets traded to KC for thier 2nd round pick (and then some). Kapernick will be the starter there and SF will get good value for Alex Smith.

I also think Vick will find himself in either Arizona or Jax which may change some things as well as they both pick ahead of us.

I know people may call me CRAZY for this (some already have because I have been saying this for a while) but we need to TRADE DOWN this year. We are more than one "slam dunk" player away from a super bowl. We need multiple quality, solid guys who can play a signifanct role on the team.

Here are my proposed trades that I think DET should do:

#1: Trade Titus Young, our 5th round pick and 7th round pick to Seattle for thier 2nd round pick. Pete Carroll was high on Titus outta college,they need WR help bad and aren't afraid to take a risk (see Braylon Edwards, T.O.)

#2: Trade DOWN with Cinncinnati from #7 to #17 for thier 35th overall pick (2nd round). On the points scale 7th pick= 1500 points, 17th pick= 950 points +35th pick=550 points. PERFECT TRADE. This could happen because Cinncinati has TWO 2nd round picks and CIN desperately need one of those top DE's (every mock I have seen has them taking a DE).

#3: Trade DOWN AGAIN with Miami. Give them our 17th overall pick (950 points) for thier 42nd pick (480 points) thier 54th pick (360 points) and thier 87th pick (56 points). Our value is 950 total points and thiers would be 927 points so we would lose a little but that is two 2nd round picks and a 3rd round pick.

With those three trades done, here would be our draft picks:

2nd Round Pick (35th overall)
    2nd Round Pick (39th overall)
    2nd Round Pick (42nd overall)
    2nd Round Pick (52nd overall)
    2nd Round Pick (54th overall)
    3rd Round Pick (70th overall)
    3rd Round Pick (87th overall)
    6th Round Pick (168th overall)

I know Manti Teo is appealing, but try a mock draft with this scenario and see what group of guys we could bring in as opposed to just a 1st rounder. This is how we address all of our needs!!
    Last edited by mc18641; 12-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.

vCash
    The only issue I have with that board is Mathieu. This kid is a drug addict, no two ways around it. And he will be out of the league in 1 to 2 seasons, guaranteed. There isn't any helping this kid in the same way no one could help Todd Marinovich or Maurice Clarrett. I know some team will be foolish enough to think they can help this kid, but someone that goes to rehab and in 60 days is then arrested in a house containing drugs is proof enough he doesn't get it. I mean, it's fun to kill Mayhew for picking a kid with a MASSIVE ego problem but this board will explode if/when we pick Mathieu and he's run out of the league prior to the first preseason snap.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I like your draft but I don't think some of it will happen because of trades. If Teo is there at #7 overall, I say we take a look at him but I really don't think it will happen.

My 1st draft prediction is that Alex Smith (QB-SF) gets traded to KC for thier 2nd round pick (and then some). Kapernick will be the starter there and SF will get good value for Alex Smith.

I also think Vick will find himself in either Arizona or Jax which may change some things as well as they both pick ahead of us.

I know people may call me CRAZY for this (some already have because I have been saying this for a while) but we need to TRADE DOWN this year. We are more than one "slam dunk" player away from a super bowl. We need multiple quality, solid guys who can play a signifanct role on the team.

Here are my proposed trades that I think DET should do:

#1: Trade Titus Young, our 5th round pick and 7th round pick to Seattle for thier 2nd round pick. Pete Carroll was high on Titus outta college,they need WR help bad and aren't afraid to take a risk (see Braylon Edwards, T.O.)

#2: Trade DOWN with Cinncinnati from #7 to #17 for thier 35th overall pick (2nd round). On the points scale 7th pick= 1500 points, 17th pick= 950 points +35th pick=550 points. PERFECT TRADE. This could happen because Cinncinati has TWO 2nd round picks and CIN desperately need one of those top DE's (every mock I have seen has them taking a DE).

#3: Trade DOWN AGAIN with Miami. Give them our 17th overall pick (950 points) for thier 42nd pick (480 points) thier 54th pick (360 points) and thier 87th pick (56 points). Our value is 950 total points and thiers would be 927 points so we would lose a little but that is two 2nd round picks and a 3rd round pick.

With those three trades done, here would be our draft picks:

2nd Round Pick (35th overall)
    2nd Round Pick (39th overall)
    2nd Round Pick (42nd overall)
    2nd Round Pick (52nd overall)
    2nd Round Pick (54th overall)
    3rd Round Pick (70th overall)
    3rd Round Pick (87th overall)
    6th Round Pick (168th overall)

I know Manti Teo is appealing, but try a mock draft with this scenario and see what group of guys we could bring in as opposed to just a 1st rounder. This is how we address all of our needs!!

Yes, Yes, Yes.
    This is exactly why i called for this thread to be made.
    to open ppls eyes about trading and the draft, and fixing a team.

the Seattle trade is perfect. Carrol understands college players like none other if ya ask me and like you said he loved Titus coming out of college. One thing Pete can do as a young coach that others cant do is get some of these knuckle heads to play football for him. He will do just that with Titus.

the other trades are just great too. This is what this franchise needs. just keep trading back and stock pile picks.

edit:If i had to draft and sign players off this, id go.

Resign Delmas, Durant, Houston, Sam Hill, Heller
    Sign Mike Jenkins(CB), Ramses Barden(WR, 6'6 burried in the giants depth chart)

2a. Barrett Jones C/OG/OT Alabama.
    2b. Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers.
    2c. Eric Reid S LSU.
    2d. Larry Wardford OG Kentucky.
    2e. Will Sutton DE/DT Arizona State.
    3a. Margus Hunt DE/DT(6'8, 280) SMU.
    3b. (trade again- get a 4th and 5th.)
    4. Kenjon Barner RB Oregon.
    5. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU.
    6. Elvis Fisher OT Missouri.

oline sured up, can do what we want with Backus, Peterman, Raiola, decide whether to keep Cherilus or not.

Reiff-Sims-Jones/Raiola-Warford-Cherilus/Backus/Jones
    + plus fisher if he stays healthy could be a huge steal, end up as our starting tackle whether its on the left or right.
    +Nagy, whatever he has in store, never know

the dline has 8 guys now KVB, Willie, Ronnell, Sutton, Hunt, Suh, Fairley, Sam Hill. Thats a way better dline potential wise.

secondary has Delmas, Reid, Houston, Mathieu, Jenkins, Green, Bentley, Greenwood. a lot better.

On top of that we get a freakin stud linebacker who plays with a passion, and Barner as a speedy threat on offense
    Last edited by JMDTM; 12-12-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhador View Post
    The only issue I have with that board is Mathieu. This kid is a drug addict, no two ways around it. And he will be out of the league in 1 to 2 seasons, guaranteed. There isn't any helping this kid in the same way no one could help Todd Marinovich or Maurice Clarrett. I know some team will be foolish enough to think they can help this kid, but someone that goes to rehab and in 60 days is then arrested in a house containing drugs is proof enough he doesn't get it. I mean, it's fun to kill Mayhew for picking a kid with a MASSIVE ego problem but this board will explode if/when we pick Mathieu and he's run out of the league prior to the first preseason snap.
    You sound like Rod Allen predicting someones thoughts. Dude you named two ppl... You know how many ppl have beaten the odds. Add the fact that weed is the least of a drug problem. also add that every athlete these days is an idiot at one point in their life. dont you remember the jocks from ur school?

point is, most of this forum would like to have Mathieu, and saying that Mathieu will crack under pressure because the hate from a online website.. thats just idiotic.

he could flop from weed. or he could come back as a freakin stud CB who isnt afraid of ur biggest threat on offense. thats all im worried about. I wouldnt spend a 1-3 rounder on him but in the 4th or 5th.. ahhh yeah.

Carl Nicks had character concerns, slid to the 5th round, hes now the best guard in football. so get ur head outta ur ***
    Last edited by JMDTM; 12-12-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    You sound like Rod Allen predicting someones thoughts. Dude you named two ppl... You know how many ppl have beaten the odds. Add the fact that weed is the least of a drug problem. also add that every athlete these days is an idiot at one point in their life. dont you remember the jocks from ur school?

point is, most of this forum would like to have Mathieu, and saying that Mathieu will crack under pressure because the hate from a online website.. thats just idiotic.

he could flop from weed. or he could come back as a freakin stud CB who isnt afraid of ur biggest threat on offense. thats all im worried about. I wouldnt spend a 1-3 rounder on him but in the 4th or 5th.. ahhh yeah.

Carl Nicks had character concerns, slid to the 5th round, hes now the best guard in football. so get ur head outta ur ***
    And people ***** and moan about taking Titus Young who had character concerns and flopped and now was a waste of a 2nd round pick. I don't think now is the time to be taking those risks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    And people ***** and moan about taking Titus Young who had character concerns and flopped and now was a waste of a 2nd round pick. I don't think now is the time to be taking those risks.
    ya i agree with you which is why i said i wouldnt spend my 1-3 round picks on him. cause you can get better. but in the 4th or 5th drafting a top 10 talent who smoked weed.. ya i would do it. thats what i said, dont forget that. in the 2nd i would pass as you said. Percy Harvin smoked weed? so many athletes smoke weed, it doesnt mean ur a bad person it just means once you get payed you gotta stop. some do some dont. Mathieu has been caught twice already, i think hes learned. He already lost millions due to where he will be drafted. He now has to earn anything he wants. And he has the talent to do so.

so again, 4th or 5th round, Mathieu is there, i take him. As long as hes on ppls boards and willl be drafted, ill take him there. what does it matter, we either draft someone with a lot less talent and a lot slimmer chance of ever making a difference. or a difference maker who ur bringing in cheap and letting earn a spot, and if he pans, ur a genius.

one thing i will give Schwartz is that the discipline level has changed some and the dumb penalties arent whats killing us every week. so hes obviously fixing the mistakes with players like this. Now the offense needs to get their **** straight and play a whole game, and the defense needs to play better down the stretch. meaning Gunther needs to get his **** together. When teams are doing pass pass pass, dont stop trying to rush the qb. theirs ur biggest flaw Gunther. gotta work with what ya got and you have as far as the secondary but that front 7 has got to do its job better if we are gonna build our defense the way we have
    Last edited by JMDTM; 12-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    ya i agree with you which is why i said i wouldnt spend my 1-3 round picks on him. cause you can get better. but in the 4th or 5th drafting a top 10 talent who smoked weed.. ya i would do it. thats what i said, dont forget that. in the 2nd i would pass as you said. Percy Harvin smoked weed? so many athletes smoke weed, it doesnt mean ur a bad person it just means once you get payed you gotta stop. some do some dont. Mathieu has been caught twice already, i think hes learned. He already lost millions due to where he will be drafted. He now has to earn anything he wants. And he has the talent to do so.

so again, 4th or 5th round, Mathieu is there, i take him. As long as hes on ppls boards and willl be drafted, ill take him there. what does it matter, we either draft someone with a lot less talent and a lot slimmer chance of ever making a difference. or a difference maker who ur bringing in cheap and letting earn a spot, and if he pans, ur a genius
    sorry, just basically read what you had in bold

But hell yeah, in those later rounds where Mayhew has sucked we need to take more of those type of guys. Even the Travis Lewis pick is a good example of this, get guys who were once highly touted and fell for whatever reasons. Mathieu in the 4 (I know we don't have one) or later on would definitely be good for the team, that way if he busts, you're not really out that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    sorry, just basically read what you had in bold

But hell yeah, in those later rounds where Mayhew has sucked we need to take more of those type of guys. Even the Travis Lewis pick is a good example of this, get guys who were once highly touted and fell for whatever reasons. Mathieu in the 4 (I know we don't have one) or later on would definitely be good for the team, that way if he busts, you're not really out that much.
    haha thanks buddy

edit: this is why in all my mock offseasons you see my take him there. Never earlier like some ppl in here
    Last edited by JMDTM; 12-12-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    haha thanks buddy
    No problem

vCash
    why the hell do I keep seeing Dennard Robinson being taken in the draft talk about a waste of a pick...he isn't going to be a return man nor is he going to be a gunner for special teams so why are people picking him?

vCash

He was removed from his team for MULTIPLE offenses the first time! He never learned then! Then he's sent to a 30 day program, and just 30 days after that he's busted again! Yeah...I'm sure he's GREAT. Get ur head outta ur *** and stop defending a drug addict...you'll be the first on her running Mayhew down if he even entertains the notion of wasting a 4th on this guy.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Did you guys see McShay's mock?

He had Star going #1

Had us taking Milliner im ehhh about that
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    Did you guys see McShay's mock?

He had Star going #1

Had us taking Milliner im ehhh about that
    Mark my words......Milliner is gonna suck!! He isn't as good as Kirpatrick coming out last season and Kirpatrick has been disappointing and hardly playing b/c of injury

vCash
    I posted my proposed trades earlier in the post, so here is my mock draft with those trades:

2nd Round (35 overall) WR Tavon Auston (West Virginia)
    2nd Round (39th overall) S Eric Reid (LSU)
    2nd Round (42nd overall) CB Xavier Rhodes (Florida St)
    2nd Round (52nd overall) CB Desmond Trufant (Washington)
    2nd Round (54th overall) S Shawn Williams (Georgia)
    3rd Round (70th overall) DE William Gholston (Michigan St)
    3rd Round (87th overall) RB Marcus Lattimore (S. Carolina)
    6th Round (168th overall) **Draft day trade for vet on training block (LB preferred)

The Marcus Lattimore pick goes against my constant critisims about Mayhew drafting players with history of injury/character issues but Lattimore would be too big of a talent to pass up at #87. If you gave me a choice in the 3rd round between Lattimore or the CB Tyrann Mathieu, I gotta go with Lattimore. Of course if we didn't have these many picks, I would say NO WAY to both of them but in this scenario, I would roll the dice.

With this draft, Houston and Delmas become expendible. I would focus our energies on re-signing the LB core of Levy/Durant and re-sign Cherilus/ Lo-Jack on the OL/DL.

I don't think re-signing the majority of our backups would be a problem. We let Houston, Delmas, KVB and Avril walk, we would actually have money to sign a couple key FA as well; or simply re-sign Avril long term with the money that would go to Delmas/Houston.
    Last edited by mc18641; 12-12-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast