Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Big Mouth at it again.....Must read.

I am honestly sick of Finley now. The Packers offense is what I like to call a free enterprise offense. If you're open, and catch the ball consistently you'll get the ball when you're open. Something Finley clearly doesn't understand. What do you think?
    Link

I added a few brief comments in the article because I don't think Finley understands anything regarding "The Packers way". If you want I can delete those if its a big deal.

Green Bay - Hug it out, man.

That's what Jermichael Finley would like to do. Anything that leads to a few more days like Sunday.

Finley, Green Bay's sometimes dynamic, sometimes invisible tight end, has been more of the latter this season. Finley says a lack of chemistry with quarterback Aaron Rodgers is the biggest reason for his struggles.

But Finley caught his first touchdown since Week 1 on Sunday and was enormous down the stretch in Green Bay's come-from-behind 24-20 win over Detroit.

Now, Finley wants to figure out how to make that the norm.

"Both of us need to just go out, maybe have a drink or two and just spill everything," Finley said of him and Rodgers last week. "It sounds easy, but it's not. He's throwing it to who he's comfortable with.

"I think (Randall) Cobb's taken my position from '09. I want to line up where Cobb's lining up because I know the ball's coming there.

"But me and 12 just ain't been on. He's had some guys come through this year, and he's gone to them instead of me. And really, it's out of my hands at the end of the day. If I could throw myself the ball and run under it, I'd do it every play because he's just not throwing me the ball like he used to."

That's largely been true in 2012, although Finley was immense at times against the Lions.

Early in the first quarter, Finley's 20-yard touchdown staked Green Bay to a 7-3 lead. Then with the Packers trailing, 20-14 late, Finley had two catches for 46 yards on the game-winning drive.

Moments like that have been few and far between, during a disappointing season for Finley.

In Green Bay's five games between Weeks 5-9, Finley caught just 10 passes for 84 yards. For comparison sake, Finley entered the season with six games in his career of at least 84 receiving yards.

Adding to Finley's frustrations is the ball hasn't come his way even as injuries to Green Bay's pass catchers have piled up. Greg Jennings (groin) hasn't played since Sept. 30, while Jordy Nelson (hamstring, ankle) missed the better part of two games.

So where exactly does that leave Finley in the pecking order?

"I'd say about fourth," Finley said. "I don't really want to put a number on it, but I'd say four if I had to. I'm pretty disappointed in it. I'm pretty disappointed in the numbers side of it, but I ain't had the opportunities either.

"Everybody knows what I can do, but it's just out of my hands. It's awfully hard to explain. It really is. I'm just in that organization and that scheme where I'm out of it right now."

Finley certainly bears much of the responsibility for this disappearing act.

Rodgers undoubtedly lost confidence in Finley in 2011, when the tight end dropped 13 of the 103 passes thrown his way.

This year, Finley has been slowed by a slightly dislocated AC joint in his shoulder suffered in Week 5. Finley says the bye week helped immensely, but the shoulder will be an issue the rest of the season.

"Doc told me maybe one player he'd heard of played with the injury I had," Finley said. "But my pain tolerance is out of the roof. It's been like that since I was a kid. And I'm a competitor man. I want to feel like I helped my team win."

Lastly, Finley's agent, Blake Baratz, didn't do his client any favors by ripping Rodgers' leadership abilities via Twitter on Sept. 14. Rodgers, a sensitive fellow and legendary grudge holder, will likely carry that comment to his grave.

Need proof? In the two games before Baratz criticized Rodgers, Finley averaged 5.5 catches per game. In the eight games since, Finley has averaged 2.6 catches.

"What's frustrating is he trusted me. He threw the ball to me," Finley said of Rodgers. "I dropped balls in '09 and '10, but I came back. I made up for all that and nobody talked.
    Brief remark here. I am seriously questioning Finleys sanity at this point: How stupid are you?? You still drop balls. You haven't came back. You never were back. What are you talking about, man?

"Nobody said anything because I was catching the ball. I still might have one drop a game (thats 16 drops a year.) , but I'd have eight catches. Now, it's one target a game and if I drop that everybody just focuses on that. It's a little frustrating, but I keep my head up and I keep pushing man."

Finley knows his time in Green Bay may be short. The Packers signed Finley to a two-year deal in February that pays him $8.25 million in 2013, including $6.25 million in bonuses before the season starts.

Finley was asked where he thinks he'll be playing in next season.

"I love that question man," Finley said. "I don't know. All I know is I have talent. And if Green Bay decides to do something with me, I'm 25 years old. I got a decade under my belt, yet. Who knows at the end of the day?"

As Finley contemplated his own situation, he glanced around Green Bay's locker room and noted how different things could be in 2013.

Jennings is also set to become an unrestricted free agent this off-season and appears unlikely to return. Donald Driver, who turns 38 in February, is certainly playing his final games as a Packer, as well.

"Just picture that, 85 and 88 gone and 80," Finley said. "If that happens, you tell me. That's a lot of playmakers. End of the day, I'm saying good luck."

While Finley has struggled this fall, the Packers don't have another tight end with his unique combination of size and physical gifts. Green Bay did win a Super Bowl, though, two years ago with the combination of Andrew Quarless and Tom Crabtree.

"We've got a lot of guys here who can play," Crabtree said. "What happens with Jermichael isn't any of my business. But we've got confidence in the whole group."

For now, Finley just hopes to get back on track with Rodgers. Whether that's possible remains to be seen.

"Of course I'm unhappy, but I'm tired of beating it to death," Finley said. "I'm in the heat. I'm inside the heat. I'm ready to start getting on my groove and prove everybody wrong."

vCash
    He sounds frustrated. Understandably so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    He sounds frustrated. Understandably so.
    That's what it sounded like to me was just frustration. But if its me instead of venting like that I would be out there with jugs machine or someone throwing the ball to me and continue working on my hands you make improvements you will get more targets
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 66
    Assist Tackles: 28
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Finley is an idiot. I don't mind him being frustrated but I get tired of him running his mouth to the media. Keep it in house, be a man and go to Rodgers with your problem. Yes he's not getting the ball thrown to him but here's an idea maybe he proves that he can catch consistently and maybe Rodgers will look his way. You don't think that Rodgers isn't going to look for the playmaker? Right now Cobb is our playmaker that's why he gets the ball more frequently.

vCash
    Well, he should have been targeted more last week. He had two big plays and caught everything that went his way while Jordy was completely invisible and Jones didn't do much either. Still, just shut up and keep it in house.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtardz View Post
    Finley is an idiot. I don't mind him being frustrated but I get tired of him running his mouth to the media. Keep it in house, be a man and go to Rodgers with your problem. Yes he's not getting the ball thrown to him but here's an idea maybe he proves that he can catch consistently and maybe Rodgers will look his way. You don't think that Rodgers isn't going to look for the playmaker? Right now Cobb is our playmaker that's why he gets the ball more frequently.
    How do you know he doesn't go to Rodgers with his problem. Infact I gaurentee you he does

He never said he doesn't understand why Rodgers throws to Cobb. He knows Rodgers throws to play makers he just wishes it was him, that's why he is constantly saying him and Rodgers needs to get on the same page

But.... Let the hate continue

vCash
    Don't understand why people get they feelings hurt so easy just cuz Finley says what is on his mind

Probably the same people who cry about players being too polite and beating around the bush

vCash
    I don't know why Rodgers isn't throwing him the ball more often to be honest. I have no problem with wanting the ball more, let him get the ball and do some damage.

vCash
    This is the last straw for Finley. I can't stand him anymore...Just shut your mouth. If you have a problem, talk to the coaching staff or Rodgers, don't talk to the media.

Good luck next year on your new team Finley...Idiot
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

vCash
    The guy should be putting up Witten numbers. Rodgers has fallen in love with Cobb. Like I said, I don't blame him for being frustrated.

vCash
    Who really cares what Finley said? Did it ruin your day or something? He is just frustrated and feel underutilized, which he is. But it all doesn't matter cause he probably isn't going to be here much longer anyways.

There you go thumper

vCash
    I like the part where he says "85 gone 88 gone and 80 - good luck." We've been doing it all year without the three of them. Greg's hurt, Driver's old, and J-Mike is non-existent. Don't really care for Finley whining to the media, but I don't think he meant any of what he said as an insult towards anyone. He's just being honest, but still, he shouldn't be venting to the media.

vCash
    Lololol We better cut this douche after this year.

Let's cut him, sign Jared Cook. Thanks Ted, you're welcome.

vCash

Big Mouth at it again.....Must read.

Yeah it was one thing when he was putting up good numbers and talking ****, guy needs to spend less energy on *****ing and more on catching the ball

vCash
    If you look at his target numbers I think a lot of you would understand. Dallas Clark got 11 last week. Why is Finley not at least getting at least 7 if he is such a matchup nightmare? I have a feeling this guy becomes huge for us after last week.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast