Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,173
    vCash
    1500

    Seriously, how in the hell is our medical staff still have jobs?

    This is now 2 vital players for our offense that they have been beyond ******** about. Letting them sit and rot and all the sudden suggest they need surgery???!!!!


    Uh oh. Benson is eligible to return in Week 14, but that's suddenly looking very shaky. He's going to visit a specialist later this month. Lisfranc injuries are among the toughest to come back from in football, and often necessitate surgery. Perhaps CedBen can put off going under the knife until the offseason, but owners can no longer assume he'll play again this season. His status should be updated in the coming days. If Benson ends up being done for 2012, the Pack will be left with perhaps the league's worst backfield duo in James Starks and Alex Green.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    21,841
    vCash
    500
    I am sure they have their reasons. I am not a doctor or have ever been apart of a medical staff for a sports team. Who knows what the thought process is. I highly doubt we are the only team that has had this kind of stuff happens.




    There you go thumper




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,173
    vCash
    1500
    Just amazing how they had a second opinion back when he got hurt or 3-4 weeks ago maybe saying he might not be back. Maybe you should think about getting another rb just in case. That is the part that is ridiculous.

    Week 11, yeah he might need surgery next week and will be gone till next year. Doesn't make sense. Also makes no sense how we can never find a serviceable rb. Only thing we have on Dan Marino is that Starks was decent during our Super Bowl run.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    21,841
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    Just amazing how they had a second opinion back when he got hurt or 3-4 weeks ago maybe saying he might not be back. Maybe you should think about getting another rb just in case. That is the part that is ridiculous.

    Week 11, yeah he might need surgery next week and will be gone till next year. Doesn't make sense. Also makes no sense how we can never find a serviceable rb. Only thing we have on Dan Marino is that Starks was decent during our Super Bowl run.
    Well the whole thing about us not finding another serviceable RB falls on TT not our medical staff. Im sure they were trying to give Benson every chance they could for him to make a comeback. But since he is supposed to come off IR by week 14 they might see that he isn't ready and think he might not make it so that's when the surgery talk comes in to play.




    There you go thumper




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Why is that their fault?

    Not everything goes to plan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,173
    vCash
    1500
    I get that, but our medical staff should be givin updates day bye day about the healing process. I mean, I would at least think.

    When I found out last week he was feeling 65% after 5-6 weeks, I could have told you he won't be ready.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Well the whole thing about us not finding another serviceable RB falls on TT not our medical staff. Im sure they were trying to give Benson every chance they could for him to make a comeback. But since he is supposed to come off IR by week 14 they might see that he isn't ready and think he might not make it so that's when the surgery talk comes in to play.
    There's not these great RBs sitting out there anyways....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,173
    vCash
    1500
    How doesn't a professional doctor tell Jennings he should just get a quick surgery so he can be back in 3-4 weeks? Instead, you're good, go on and tear it a little more because it was far from being useable?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    21,841
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    I get that, but our medical staff should be givin updates day bye day about the healing process. I mean, I would at least think.

    When I found out last week he was feeling 65% after 5-6 weeks, I could have told you he won't be ready.
    Well like i said they were trying to give him as much of a chance as they could. If he got surgery he wouldn't be playing at all. I just don't see it being that big of a deal. Although i will say i think they ****ed up with Jennings though.




    There you go thumper




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    How doesn't a professional doctor tell Jennings he should just get a quick surgery so he can be back in 3-4 weeks? Instead, you're good, go on and tear it a little more because it was far from being useable?
    This is going to sound really rude but it's my dead honest take.

    I know you're frustrated, but I don't believe you're in much of a position to critique the decisions of medical professionals.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    There's not these great RBs sitting out there anyways....
    I am not saying there are many great rb's on te market..........but we don't have a James Starks sitting on our bench to emerge like he did 2 years ago. Green and Starks have out up I believe, under 3 yards a carry.

    I don't see even now why we aren't trying out runnin backs who aren't signed right now. It CAN'T hurt what so ever.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    This is going to sound really rude but it's my dead honest take.

    I know you're frustrated, but I don't believe you're in much of a position to critique the decisions of medical professionals.
    Don't mind your comment and I might be totally out of my element with this topic but I would just think there are always a couple routes you can go with an injury. I just think our staff has a tendency to always screw things up with injuries with either over protecting or rushing. I don't know, like you said I am not an expert.

    They have one job and it seems to me they aren't very good. I would think you get a medical staff to let you know if players need to be replaced or how long/soon they could be out.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    I am not saying there are many great rb's on te market..........but we don't have a James Starks sitting on our bench to emerge like he did 2 years ago. Green and Starks have out up I believe, under 3 yards a carry.

    I don't see even now why we aren't trying out runnin backs who aren't signed right now. It CAN'T hurt what so ever.
    Well we did sign some bum they refuse to play. Some guy to the PS that I rather like. We did look.

    If those guys were good they would get reps. They don't.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    Don't mind your comment and I might be totally out of my element with this topic but I would just think there are always a couple routes you can go with an injury. I just think our staff has a tendency to always screw things up with injuries with either over protecting or rushing. I don't know, like you said I am not an expert.

    They have one job and it seems to me they aren't very good. I would think you get a medical staff to let you know if players need to be replaced or how long/soon they could be out.
    I guess my point is, I don't really know if we have a bad medical staff in comparison to others. Maybe this is just like everyone else's ya know? It's hard to tell.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    340
    vCash
    1500

    Seriously, how in the hell is our medical staff still have jobs?

    I think this kind of thing is more commonplace than we appreciate...we really follow one team, I'd bet if you followed any other team's injuries as closely and passionately you'd have the same issues. Injuries are nothing more than a prediction, probability of being right is seldom better than 50/50

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •