Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    If he can hit 25 HRs and drive in 95 I'm happy.

vCash
    The nice things is, with the extra talent around him, he shouldn't have to carry the team like he did last season. If he regresses a bit, it's not that big a deal imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dballss View Post
    i would take .260 30hrs 90RBIs
    I would take this all day. Maybe .270 and a 850-900 OPS. Just cause he hit 42 last season doesn't mean he's expected to do the same. Joey hit 54, then 42 the next year when his all round stats were much better even with the 12 less HRS. But Bautista was on pace for 48 this year and was leading the majors before he got hurt. So 75 between the 2 would be fantastic, both with .350 + OBP and + 875 OPS. Can't complain with that.

vCash
    Id be happy with a line of 270/370/510

vCash
    An average above .260, about 30 homers and 90 RBIs would make me happy

vCash
    I have no idea why people are posting RBI's. That is something he cant control. Furthermore, its a useless stat to judge a player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If he can hit 25 HRs and drive in 95 I'm happy.
    He hit 40 HRs last year, you're selling him short with 25. I would say 33-36 HRs is a closer bet.

I think he'll hit north of .280 as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    I have no idea why people are posting RBI's. That is something he cant control. Furthermore, its a useless stat to judge a player
    He can't control if there are runners on base...but if they're there I don't want to see the Vernon pop up on the first pitch. Drive in the runner that are there.

If he's got Reyes, Cabrera, and Bautista ahead of him, he'll have plenty of chances to drive them in 100+ times.

vCash
    It saddens me how many people continue posting RBIs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    He can't control if there are runners on base...but if they're there I don't want to see the Vernon pop up on the first pitch. Drive in the runner that are there.

If he's got Reyes, Cabrera, and Bautista ahead of him, he'll have plenty of chances to drive them in 100+ times.
    And you know as well as anyone that there are much, much better statistics than RBI to use. RISP,OBP,OPS,BAPIP...etc. Gimme something I can sink my teeth into. It goes without saying, when you have Reyes,Cabrera and Bautista hitting in front of you, you could have Mathis hitting cleanup and he'd still drive in 90.

vCash
    You give Mathis too much credit.

That said, I understand your point. The gist of what most people are saying is that it sounds like most believe Encarnacion will be a big part of the offence this year. .900 OPS or however you want to look at it.

vCash
    As long as he gets at least 600 plate appearances, I would expect at least 30 HR. Anything less would be a "down" year from him and not a return to average.

vCash

Not if Bautista hits a HR every at bat.

vCash

?!?. You know very well that RBI's are a stat of opportunity. It does not show individual skill, but the skill of the team to get on base in front of him. Its quiet obvious that we expect Encarnacion to get 100 RBI's if hes hitting 3/4th in our lineup... But the stat itself is useless. I have no idea what you were trying argue here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    ?!?. You know very well that RBI's are a stat of opportunity. It does not show individual skill, but the skill of the team to get on base in front of him. Its quiet obvious that we expect Encarnacion to get 100 RBI's if hes hitting 3/4th in our lineup... But the stat itself is useless. I have no idea what you were trying argue here
    You still have to capitalize on the opportunity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast