Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If someone suggested the Marlins trade before it happened I would have:

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laughed out loud and call the guy a moron,

24 55.81%
  • Face palm,

8 18.60%
  • Responded with: This is a good trade, but I think AA won't take on that much money,

11 25.58%
  • Said this is a fair trade AA should make it.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    HA! that would never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Chances are 99.99999% of the time, the proposed idea, especially one as far fetched as the Marlins deal, wouldn't happen. I've been suggesting JJ for a few years now but even I didn't think it would actually happen...especially at such a good price.
    I understand that in some cases it seems like a trade isn't going to happen, but I think we also have to acknowledge that in a more appropriate way. And by that I mean not laughing or making fun of the person.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

2. 11-22-2012, 09:52 AM

Reason
    That's the kind of thing we're trying to avoid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I understand that in some cases it seems like a trade isn't going to happen, but I think we also have to acknowledge that in a more appropriate way. And by that I mean not laughing or making fun of the person.
    The issue isn't that trades like this "can't happen." It simply that for the sanity of ever reader and poster in the forum, we need to assume that these opportunities aren't always normal or "fair." If someone came in a gave that trade proposal quoting sources of Miami looking to unload significant payroll and build for the future, I wouldn't have any issue with a trade proposal like this. But for someone to suggest it without reason or evidence to suggest it could happen, it will of course seem far fetched.

I'd also suggest that the poll options don't represent everyone. I personally think facepalms are stupid and overused to the point that they carry no value. I also don't laugh at people for their proposals. If they are ridiculous, I'll ask someone to explain the logic behind it (sometimes in a condescending way because I'm appalled by the suggestion), but I don't fit in on the extremes listed in the poll options. For example, if someone suggested this trade in the forum without any explanations I'd probably ask: "why on earth do you think the Marlins would entertain this deal?"

vCash
    I probably would have done a little of all of the above. I probably would have laughed, followed by a brief face palm. I probably would have laughed a little bit more and said that I couldn't see the Jays taking on that much salary followed by telling the person "but it's a pretty fair trade, so I'd probably want them to do it. We'd win the trade in the short term but the Marlins might win it in the long term."
    The MMA Pavilion

mmapavilion.wordpress.com

5. 11-22-2012, 10:55 AM
    Reason
    Let's avoid the insults

vCash
    Option 3....

Big blockbuster trade involving over 40 million extra a year in payroll???? Rogers are a bunch of cheap ***** who run the team like a business, theyll NEVER make this trade because it would put the TEAM in the red.

That being said, it would be a very nice trade for the Blue Jays...but Rogers doesnt like acting like the second richest owner in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    My mom's reaction when I told her about the trade.." I didn't think Mathis was very good when we saw him play"........
    that is a very astute observation by your mother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    So for those of you picking option one, maybe we should find a better way to respond to those types of posts in the future.
    publicly and anonymously ridiculing others is what the internet is all about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    publicly and anonymously ridiculing others is what the internet is all about.
    It's also what gets you infracted or banned. Which is why I'm asking people to watch they say, or say it more respectfully without insulting the other person.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    I'm just surprised by the trade. I didn't think with that much money, AA would make that deal. But either way, I'm really excited for the season.

vCash
    #1 because Rogers was cheap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    #1 because Rogers was cheap
    Better late than never. Just like when your girl tells you her period is late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post

awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Ugh...

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ugh...
    Too graphic for your pure mind?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12