Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 137
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,813
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    would much rather have had melky for 2/16 than gomes for 2/10
    Stop overreacting and wait until other mades are made. Like B's said, this can't be judged until we see what the final 25 man roster looks like. As of right now, I like this signing.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,099
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Stop overreacting and wait until other mades are made. Like B's said, this can't be judged until we see what the final 25 man roster looks like. As of right now, I like this signing.



    not sure how its an overreaction. melky is a better overall batter and you can actually play him in left everyday, and it would only have cost 3 mil more a season.

    that being said, as long as gomes will only very occasional play in left and he has a platoon mate I guess this is ok.
    PSD Bulls Mock Trade Deadline
    Chicago Bulls


    Rose-Gordon-Deng-Anderson-Asik




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,384
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post



    not sure how its an overreaction. melky is a better overall batter and you can actually play him in left everyday, and it would only have cost 3 mil more a season.

    that being said, as long as gomes will only very occasional play in left and he has a platoon mate I guess this is ok.
    Melky was better juicing (last two years), prior to that he was replacement level (first six years of his career)

    Gomes might look like a platoon, but he's going to get more starts that just against LHS pitchers - look at the price tag, then look at the last 3 years.

    2010: 55 starts vs LHP; 78 starts vs RHP

    2011: 30 starts vs LHP; 51 starts vs RHP

    2012: 58 starts vs LHP; 16 starts vs RHP


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Stop overreacting and wait until other mades are made. Like B's said, this can't be judged until we see what the final 25 man roster looks like. As of right now, I like this signing.
    x2...

    I had him in my SIM......not 2yrs, but 1 at $3.75M

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    would much rather have had melky for 2/16 than gomes for 2/10
    Melky brings bad PR. They rather not want anymore right now.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,725
    vCash
    1500
    Gomes is a pretty good hitter. He's pretty much what Ross is.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,166
    vCash
    1000
    i think if we trade Ellsbury for Cron that we could platoon Gomes with a lefty at 1st until Cron is ready

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,548
    vCash
    1500
    Ellsbury is likely worth more than Cron and if he isnt then theres no way we'd trade him right now. Ells for Cron is not going to happen.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    i think if we trade Ellsbury for Cron that we could platoon Gomes with a lefty at 1st until Cron is ready
    Why's everyone so giddy about Cron? Looking at his stats it isn't that good. There's the really low OBP that sticks out like a sore thumb. He was 22 in A ball.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,548
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Why's everyone so giddy about Cron? Looking at his stats it isn't that good. There's the really low OBP that sticks out like a sore thumb. He was 22 in A ball.
    x2 far from a sure thing

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,813
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Why's everyone so giddy about Cron? Looking at his stats it isn't that good. There's the really low OBP that sticks out like a sore thumb. He was 22 in A ball.
    Thank you.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,166
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Ellsbury is likely worth more than Cron and if he isnt then theres no way we'd trade him right now. Ells for Cron is not going to happen.
    what about him for CJ Cron and Bourjos

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,166
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Why's everyone so giddy about Cron? Looking at his stats it isn't that good. There's the really low OBP that sticks out like a sore thumb. He was 22 in A ball.
    im not giddy I think it would give us a down the road good solution at another position...

    C Lavarnway
    1B Cron
    SS Marrero
    3B Middlebrooks
    LF Boegarts
    CF Bradley
    Cecchini

    Barnes
    Webster
    Owens
    De La Rosa
    etc
    etc

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,121
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I like Gomes but not if it means we start him in the outfield and sign him but not Ross.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,548
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    what about him for CJ Cron and Bourjos
    That's not bad. Like if that happened now it is what it is but I think they will let him try to build value and deal him at the deadline hopefully for more than that. But if he were to be traded today that's pretty realistic IMO

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •