Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    would much rather have had melky for 2/16 than gomes for 2/10
    Stop overreacting and wait until other mades are made. Like B's said, this can't be judged until we see what the final 25 man roster looks like. As of right now, I like this signing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Stop overreacting and wait until other mades are made. Like B's said, this can't be judged until we see what the final 25 man roster looks like. As of right now, I like this signing.

not sure how its an overreaction. melky is a better overall batter and you can actually play him in left everyday, and it would only have cost 3 mil more a season.

that being said, as long as gomes will only very occasional play in left and he has a platoon mate I guess this is ok.
    PSD Bulls Mock Trade Deadline
    Chicago Bulls

Rose-Gordon-Deng-Anderson-Asik

vCash

not sure how its an overreaction. melky is a better overall batter and you can actually play him in left everyday, and it would only have cost 3 mil more a season.

that being said, as long as gomes will only very occasional play in left and he has a platoon mate I guess this is ok.
    Melky was better juicing (last two years), prior to that he was replacement level (first six years of his career)

Gomes might look like a platoon, but he's going to get more starts that just against LHS pitchers - look at the price tag, then look at the last 3 years.

2010: 55 starts vs LHP; 78 starts vs RHP

2011: 30 starts vs LHP; 51 starts vs RHP

2012: 58 starts vs LHP; 16 starts vs RHP

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    x2...

I had him in my SIM......not 2yrs, but 1 at $3.75M

vCash
    would much rather have had melky for 2/16 than gomes for 2/10
    Melky brings bad PR. They rather not want anymore right now.

vCash
    Gomes is a pretty good hitter. He's pretty much what Ross is.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    i think if we trade Ellsbury for Cron that we could platoon Gomes with a lefty at 1st until Cron is ready

vCash
    Ellsbury is likely worth more than Cron and if he isnt then theres no way we'd trade him right now. Ells for Cron is not going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    i think if we trade Ellsbury for Cron that we could platoon Gomes with a lefty at 1st until Cron is ready
    Why's everyone so giddy about Cron? Looking at his stats it isn't that good. There's the really low OBP that sticks out like a sore thumb. He was 22 in A ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Why's everyone so giddy about Cron? Looking at his stats it isn't that good. There's the really low OBP that sticks out like a sore thumb. He was 22 in A ball.
    x2 far from a sure thing

vCash
    Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Ellsbury is likely worth more than Cron and if he isnt then theres no way we'd trade him right now. Ells for Cron is not going to happen.
    what about him for CJ Cron and Bourjos

vCash
    im not giddy I think it would give us a down the road good solution at another position...

C Lavarnway
    1B Cron
    SS Marrero
    3B Middlebrooks
    LF Boegarts
    CF Bradley
    Cecchini

Barnes
    Webster
    Owens
    De La Rosa
    etc
    etc

vCash
    Yeah I like Gomes but not if it means we start him in the outfield and sign him but not Ross.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    what about him for CJ Cron and Bourjos
    That's not bad. Like if that happened now it is what it is but I think they will let him try to build value and deal him at the deadline hopefully for more than that. But if he were to be traded today that's pretty realistic IMO

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast