Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I think u missed the game ricky.
    0-7 enroute to his average of 12 in a losing effort to a ****** team while their guards raped us.

And Evan was worthy of applause.

Pathetic groping to credit the kid fellas.

vCash

Game 12 (11-21-12): Sixers (7-4) @ Cavaliers (2-8)

He was the best player on the team in that game.... And it wasnt close.

Its like u just didnt watch the game and are scrapping at the heels looking for some stat to hold against him. Im sure that i could find a similar stat line for iggy last year in which u praised him.... Unfortunately im lazy and dont really know how people search for old posts.

The reason we lost was that pargo just went off and they hit clutch shots down the stretch u cant gameplan for someone like pargo going crazy like that.

And holiday had probably his worst game of the season, aint mad at him, he had a tough back to back.

But turner was the one bright spot last night, so just move on.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I know the game two nights ago was close, but maybe Doug should've sat turner more knowing that jrue would be exhausted. I think I probably would've played wright more during the game on Tuesday and let turner rest so he could run the point last night.

I guess the most important game is the one you're playing, but with so little depth at point guard Doug should've considered resting jrue or Evan some on Tuesday. Jrue looked dead. I'm not blaming him for being tired, but we can't play jrue and Evan 40 minutes one night and expect them to be spry the next.

vCash
    He was the best player on the team in that game.... And it wasnt close.

Its like u just didnt watch the game and are scrapping at the heels looking for some stat to hold against him. Im sure that i could find a similar stat line for iggy last year in which u praised him.... Unfortunately im lazy and dont really know how people search for old posts.

The reason we lost was that pargo just went off and they hit clutch shots down the stretch u cant gameplan for someone like pargo going crazy like that.

And holiday had probably his worst game of the season, aint mad at him, he had a tough back to back.

But turner was the one bright spot last night, so just move on.
    That's all he does its nothing new with him

vCash
    I watched. But good.

And Evan played (for most of it), as he has all year: uninspired; crappy-shooting, very little contribution.

There was one stretch...for several minutes...where he got better.

That's it.

JRich had two of those spurts...and HE sucked for the most part, too. Thad couldn't put it in the ocean for most of the game, yet he played more consistent than Evan.

I think once you move ET's sack away from your eyes...you'll see that 3-minutes of decent ball don't make for a "good game".

That stiff is giving us EXACTLY what I predicted he would...when you all screamed bloody murder.

This is what ya got. Satisfied? Hahahaha. Enjoy!

vCash

Youre just being silly at this point.

Is he what we expected? No. But we will make lemonaid out of lemons since he is probably the 2nd best player on the team right now.... Not that thats saying much.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    At the time of my writing, he was 0-7.

You're confusing him with JRich. And you skipped over the part where he was 0-7. (Did that not count?)

Well, ahem. Except maybe for the 0-7 and bad defense. But...ya know.
    0-7 enroute to his average of 12 in a losing effort to a ****** team while their guards raped us.
    The first time you said this I gave you the benefit of the doubt that it had to be a typo - especially considering he was 2-8 at the time (and 3-3 after that, so he only ever missed 6 shots), so ever having been 0-7 was impossible. When you keep repeating it it becomes pretty clear that either you just make these numbers up without checking them, or you're just exaggerating to try and make your anti-ET point.

ET started 0-5 before hitting his next two. It was awful. But, I don't know if you noticed, everyone else started awful too. JRich 1-4, Nick 1-6, Dorell 1-7 all night, Jrue 0-5, Thad 1-4. To pretend like ET's 0-5 is so much worse than the other starts that it brings his offensive production for the whole night down to their level is just crazy. Someone's grasping, and it isn't me.

And it absolutely counts. Of course it does. The same way JRich's 1-4 start and 2-9 outside that early 2nd quarter burst counts. JRich, ET, Thad, Jrue all shot more or less the same in the end. If you're going to quibble over one made or missed shot either way, and think that makes up the difference for the entirety of everything else ET did (including 10 rebounds and 7 assists, given how much you seem to love relying on the stat sheet these days), then maybe basketball analysis isn't for you. It really brings me down when you're like this, man, because we both know you're better than it.

I didn't say he was with the reserves. I said he came in off the bench...which, at that point he had. And it doesn't matter who he was WITH; it matters who he was AGAINST.
    Woah woah woah. So you're saying a starter, playing with the other starters, is evidence he should come off the bench because they'd all gone to the bench and come back so they're technically bench players now, is that it?

The Cavs lineup during that run was 4-0 vs Pargo/Miles/Casspi/Thompson/Zeller then 1-0 in a brief stint vs Pargo/Gee/Casspi/Thompson/Zeller then 2-1 vs Pargo/Gee/Casspi/Thompson/Varejao then 9-2 vs Pargo/Waiters/Gee/Thompson/Varejao. Turns out it was a 16-3 run. With 11-3 of that coming against, essentially, the starters.

So it was WITH starters and AGAINST starters.

If you don't want to watch the game that's fine, but don't just make stuff up to cover for it. It doesn't work when I did watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    He led the 14-3 run that got us back in it in the second (although I'm assuming you didn't see that bit, given you thought it was evidence he's better with the reserves, even though it was with the starters)
    You're confusing him with JRich.
    Um, what? lol. In that run ET played every minute, was 2-3 for 4 points with 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
    Jason Richardson went out when it was 19-38 (ie the start of the run), and came back at 33-41 to watch Thad hit the last two (on ET's assist) then did nothing as the Cavs went 5-0 to end the quarter.

I don't think I'm confusing anyone with anyone.

Again, if you don't want to watch the game that's fine, but don't just make stuff up to cover for it. It doesn't work when I did watch the game.

Wow. You almost make it sound heroic.

Wait a minute... What's THAT I'm feeling? Yes. Yes.

I'm sold!

You're right, BHolly! Evan wasn't mediocre last night at all. He was ****ing TREMENDOUS!
    lol. This is what you do. You try and reposition what other people say so that you've actually got something to argue against.
    I never said he was tremendous. I said he was by far our best player on a night where we were awful - a game that was 'gross', 'makes me feel sick', and where we lost it for ourselves because we overdepended on the long two - something I've been hugely critical of ET for and even named him in the post for doing tonight. You really think that was me saying he was tremendous?

I think maybe that's your problem - you don't understand nuance. Nobody can see a bright spot in a bad game or a bad spot in a good one, to you. A player was either AMAZING or AWFUL with no in-between. Either an All Star or out of the league and making you sandwiches. Posters must either be completely for someone and every aspect of his game, or completely against him. It's stupid. None of us think like that except you.

TL;DR: maybe actually watch the game. Just about everything you said in that post (ie that ET was 0-7, that I thought his start didn't count, that that run wasn't against starters, that JRich led that run rather than ET, that I said he was tremendous) was just factually and obviously incorrect. All a post like that does is convince people you didn't even watch.
    Last edited by bholly; 11-22-2012 at 05:05 PM.

vCash
    When was JRich's other good run? I remember the flurry to start the 3rd but don't remember him ever doing much else. What did I miss?

vCash

Get him!!!!!

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Crickets.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    The first time you said this I gave you the benefit of the doubt that it had to be a typo - especially considering he was 2-8 at the time (and 3-3 after that, so he only ever missed 6 shots), so ever having been 0-7 was impossible. When you keep repeating it it becomes pretty clear that either you just make these numbers up without checking them, or you're just exaggerating to try and make your anti-ET point.

ET started 0-5 before hitting his next two. It was awful. But, I don't know if you noticed, everyone else started awful too. JRich 1-4, Nick 1-6, Dorell 1-7 all night, Jrue 0-5, Thad 1-4. To pretend like ET's 0-5 is so much worse than the other starts that it brings his offensive production for the whole night down to their level is just crazy. Someone's grasping, and it isn't me.

And it absolutely counts. Of course it does. The same way JRich's 1-4 start and 2-9 outside that early 2nd quarter burst counts. JRich, ET, Thad, Jrue all shot more or less the same in the end. If you're going to quibble over one made or missed shot either way, and think that makes up the difference for the entirety of everything else ET did (including 10 rebounds and 7 assists, given how much you seem to love relying on the stat sheet these days), then maybe basketball analysis isn't for you. It really brings me down when you're like this, man, because we both know you're better than it.

Woah woah woah. So you're saying a starter, playing with the other starters, is evidence he should come off the bench because they'd all gone to the bench and come back so they're technically bench players now, is that it?

The Cavs lineup during that run was 4-0 vs Pargo/Miles/Casspi/Thompson/Zeller then 1-0 in a brief stint vs Pargo/Gee/Casspi/Thompson/Zeller then 2-1 vs Pargo/Gee/Casspi/Thompson/Varejao then 9-2 vs Pargo/Waiters/Gee/Thompson/Varejao. Turns out it was a 16-3 run. With 11-3 of that coming against, essentially, the starters.

So it was WITH starters and AGAINST starters.

If you don't want to watch the game that's fine, but don't just make stuff up to cover for it. It doesn't work when I did watch the game.

Um, what? lol. In that run ET played every minute, was 2-3 for 4 points with 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
    Jason Richardson went out when it was 19-38 (ie the start of the run), and came back at 33-41 to watch Thad hit the last two (on ET's assist) then did nothing as the Cavs went 5-0 to end the quarter.

I don't think I'm confusing anyone with anyone.

Again, if you don't want to watch the game that's fine, but don't just make stuff up to cover for it. It doesn't work when I did watch the game.

lol. This is what you do. You try and reposition what other people say so that you've actually got something to argue against.
    I never said he was tremendous. I said he was by far our best player on a night where we were awful - a game that was 'gross', 'makes me feel sick', and where we lost it for ourselves because we overdepended on the long two - something I've been hugely critical of ET for and even named him in the post for doing tonight. You really think that was me saying he was tremendous?

I think maybe that's your problem - you don't understand nuance. Nobody can see a bright spot in a bad game or a bad spot in a good one, to you. A player was either AMAZING or AWFUL with no in-between. Either an All Star or out of the league and making you sandwiches. Posters must either be completely for someone and every aspect of his game, or completely against him. It's stupid. None of us think like that except you.

TL;DR: maybe actually watch the game. Just about everything you said in that post (ie that ET was 0-7, that I thought his start didn't count, that that run wasn't against starters, that JRich led that run rather than ET, that I said he was tremendous) was just factually and obviously incorrect. All a post like that does is convince people you didn't even watch.
    lol, wow, how do you respond to this without sounding like a complete *******?

While having a piss poor start, Evan actually recovered and put up a pretty solid game and there's no doubt in my mind if it were iguodala putting up 12, 10, and 7, Ricky would be saying he had a good game.

Let's wait and see!
    Last edited by SeoulBeatz; 11-22-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    WE BUILDIN

vCash

He wont respond... And if he does it will be butcherd, cut and pasted nonsense taken out of context

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    He wont respond... And if he does it will be butcherd, cut and pasted nonsense taken out of context
    Oh, pipe down losers. It was Thanksgiving and I was entertaining 21 people.

I'm reading what people write here and this is what I find funny: It is admitted that Evan sucked eggs for three quarters. He went on a 'run' for 5 minutes in the fourth. And then...just like any good exaggeration, somehow his game is elevated to "he was the best BY FAR!" Because of a 6-point quarter.

Yet JRich (who had basically the same exact game) is given comparatively no credit.

NONE OF THEM GET CREDIT YOU NUT-JOBS.

We lost to a sucko team, and everyone - Evan included - was laughable.

If you recall...in the 4th quarter - the one Evan "took over" (hahaha)...he committed a charge, THEN a turnover...then - finally - put up SIX sensational(!) points on the board.

THAT was his run.

Suddenly it's "Hooray! Evan was great the WHOLE game!!"

Let's review JRich's best quarter (the one in which he had TWO runs.) He scored ELEVEN points to Evan's ZERO. 11-0.

In Evan's best quarter it was 6-3.

Yet ET was "best by far!" and JRich sucked.

Me thinks you guys are doing what you claim I am doing.

You are so desperate for Evan to become a legitimate NBA star, that you are projecting great feats upon him...when he plays no better than anyone else on the team.

Now...back to your nonsense.

vCash
    You were right.

vCash
    Anyone else concerned that this is the 2nd game in a row that Collins went ultra small with Thad at C? If we were playing the Raptors, and they went small with Bargs and his 4-5 rebounds as the opposition's only big then I'd be fine with it.

How many times in crunch time does he have to lose with that lineup? And Collins still has this crazy idea that Thad is his best screen defender. He has a soft spot in his brain shaped like a heart with Thad's name on it.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast