Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 12 (11-21-12): Sixers (7-4) @ Cavaliers (2-8)

I was referring to overall.... As i also included hawes.

Wasnt talking about starters in that post

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Doug isn't happy with the starters. Jrue has been the MVP, followed closely by JRich and Hawes is the only potential Big starter.

Who's left to replace?

ET has been no better than Wright, who's been no better than ET. So maybe DC looks for a chemistry thing.

It'll be an interesting exercise.
    Almost true.
    If you adjust Wright's numbers to Evan's minutes they'd be averaging the same amount of points and rebounds, but Evan would still edge him in assists (4 to 1), shooting percentages (40%/33%FG, 45%/ 36%3pt) and PER (14.8 to 9.8).
    WE BUILDIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Doug isn't happy with the starters. Jrue has been the MVP, followed closely by JRich and Hawes is the only potential Big starter.

Who's left to replace?

ET has been no better than Wright, who's been no better than ET. So maybe DC looks for a chemistry thing.

It'll be an interesting exercise.
    Who's left to replace? Kwame. The guy who played the first 5:30 against Toronto then never returned, played 9 minutes for no points and no rebounds vs Cleveland, and is averaging the 10th most minutes on the team despite starting each of his 5 games. His only game with substantial minutes was 2 points (on 5 shots) and 6 rebounds in 24 minutes vs Utah. Decent enough D against Utah's bigs, but still only one barely passable game out of 5.
    It's pretty clear Doug hasn't been happy with Kwame - or at least not happy enough to give him any minutes.

Who to replace him with? Well, Lavoy or Spencer - the former of which started in his place when he was out, the latter of which started all last year, and both of which Doug's talked about starting this season and have played almost twice as many minutes.

There's absolutely a chance he swaps out ET, or even JRich or Thad - none would surprise me that much - but it takes some pretty strong willing blindness to the evidence to expect it to be anyone other than Kwame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    Almost true.
    If you adjust Wright's numbers to Evan's minutes they'd be averaging the same amount of points and rebounds, but Evan would still edge him in assists (4 to 1), shooting percentages (40%/33%FG, 45%/ 36%3pt) and PER (14.8 to 9.8).
    I'm guessing ET's higher assists come while he runs the point...which he'd do off the bench anyway. Shooting percentage is no doubt attributed to consistent distance of the non-3 shooting. But overall, now that I think of it, ET's probably been more productive overall.

But I do think DC might prefer Wright's energy and the fact he fits into their (undisciplined) halfcourt better. ET often becomes a black hole when he tries to force the issue. He has also never been involved in a fast break...which looked pretty good last night.

Plus, I just believe DC doesn't like ET so much. Could be that incessant whining/crying/complaining.

I know that's what does it for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Who's left to replace? Kwame. The guy who played the first 5:30 against Toronto then never returned, played 9 minutes for no points and no rebounds vs Cleveland, and is averaging the 10th most minutes on the team despite starting each of his 5 games. His only game with substantial minutes was 2 points (on 5 shots) and 6 rebounds in 24 minutes vs Utah. Decent enough D against Utah's bigs, but still only one barely passable game out of 5.
    It's pretty clear Doug hasn't been happy with Kwame - or at least not happy enough to give him any minutes.

Who to replace him with? Well, Lavoy or Spencer - the former of which started in his place when he was out, the latter of which started all last year, and both of which Doug's talked about starting this season and have played almost twice as many minutes.

There's absolutely a chance he swaps out ET, or even JRich or Thad - none would surprise me that much - but it takes some pretty strong willing blindness to the evidence to expect it to be anyone other than Kwame.
    I believe its Kwame, sure...BUT Doug made it seem 'bigger' than that to me. Sitting Kwame isn't so much of a 'change'. It's a non-event. Not news.

And that's why I think it's ET.

No way it'll be Thad or JRich; both are DC favorites and have been pretty consistent. Both are energy guys, too, which Doug loves.

vCash
    Well, maybe, I definitely wouldn't be all that surprised if it was ET - many were predicting it even before the season. Guess we'll see.

vCash
    @preston76: Coach Collins tells media while he considered it, there will be no change to #Sixers starting line-up tonight at Cleveland.
    Oh. Well cool.

vCash
    john mitchell ‏@JmitchInquirer
    Collins won't change starting lineup. "I'm giving them 1 more chance."

vCash
    I wonder how many chances "one more chance" means this season. Last season, if I recall correctly, it meant anywhere from zero to two or three.

vCash
    awful start
    Thanks fanofphilly

vCash
    I hate ET stepping inside the line there. I know he can't hit the three from there very well, but it's still better value than a 22-foot two.

vCash
    I know it's only been three minutes, but god Jrue looks ****ing high out there.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    why is kwame shooting like that

vCash
    hahahahahahahahahahaha.

vCash
    lame
    Thanks fanofphilly

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast