Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Doug should have stuck with his initial instinct and changed that line up.

Hoofa doofa.

-Hawes needs more than 18 minutes
    -No reason on God's green earth that Evan should be shooting 13-15 times. We have plenty of scorers; he ain't one of them.
    -2:00 for Lavoy. Wake the **** up Lavoy. You big disappointment you.
    -The defense from Jrue, ET and JR wasn't so hot.
    -Was Jrue sick?
    -Nick - when it ain't hitting the target...time to put away the gun.

Horrible loss. From 7-4 to 7-6 in two games.
    Had to be right? looked awfull

vCash
    You're very kind. He pretty much had the same offensive production as Thad and JRich, but with worse 'd' than either.

If that's as good as we're getting from him...? Have a seat.
    Almost Getting a triple double isn't bad
    Change the name Evan Turner with Andre Igudola and you would call the same performance a great game.

vCash
    You're very kind. He pretty much had the same offensive production as Thad and JRich, but with worse 'd' than either.

If that's as good as we're getting from him...? Have a seat.
    lol, same offensive production as Thad and JRich? I'm really surprised at how much you seem to be relying on the stat sheet rather than the game recently.

He led the 14-3 run that got us back in it in the second (although I'm assuming you didn't see that bit, given you thought it was evidence he's better with the reserves, even though it was with the starters) and again kept us in it by being the only one willing to get it inside (and even took it inside himself a few times) amid a sea of long jumpers. He led - or was at least right there - for every good offensive stretch we had except for the JRich flurry. You really do just ignore the good he does, don't you?

I loved that hot run from JRich to start the 4th but he was awful the rest of the night, while ET was running the offense and at times kept us in it. ET was miles better than JRich tonight, it isn't even a question.

vCash
    Spanked from the opening tip from a Kyrie-less Cavs team. I think I'll be hitting the sack now.

vCash
    Spanked from opening tip from a kyrie-less cavs team. I think ill be hitting the bar now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    lol, same offensive production as Thad and JRich? I'm really surprised at how much you seem to be relying on the stat sheet rather than the game recently.

He led the 14-3 run that got us back in it in the second (although I'm assuming you didn't see that bit, given you thought it was evidence he's better with the reserves, even though it was with the starters) and again kept us in it by being the only one willing to get it inside (and even took it inside himself a few times) amid a sea of long jumpers. He led - or was at least right there - for every good offensive stretch we had except for the JRich flurry. You really do just ignore the good he does, don't you?

I loved that hot run from JRich to start the 4th but he was awful the rest of the night, while ET was running the offense and at times kept us in it. ET was miles better than JRich tonight, it isn't even a question.
    As I was about to leave I read this post. Evan was the one bright spot tonight for us IMO but I'd like that bright spot to continue shining. Dude looked in control and really gave us hope but wasn't able to sustain it. We are a deadly team if Evan can life up to his ability on a consistent basis.

Ricky has shown from the outset the complete inability to rationally gauge anything Evan does. He cannot be taken seriously when he actually roots for Evan to fail to please his sick and childish mind. Evan for me had Steve Hawes type impact tonight. He did a lot of the right things to keep us in it but that didn't/wouldn't reflect such on the stat sheet Ricky clearly doesn't get that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Answerback03 View Post
    Spanked from opening tip from a kyrie-less cavs team. I think ill be hitting the bar now.
    Amen to that. And I put $100 on the Sixers tonight haha...

...**** my life.

vCash

Game 12 (11-21-12): Sixers (7-4) @ Cavaliers (2-8)

I wish we won... Obviously. But when pargo and gee both have career games, its hard to be mad at the sixers for not seeing that coming.

Evan turner led this team on a few nice runs, and they just kept hitting shots in clutch situations.... Really tough... But again, u dont expect pargo to play better than kyrie would have, and thats what happened.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Answerback03 View Post
    I hit the bar. At the rate I was nailing shots, I should probably be starting.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    I would have tried ET on Pargo. After the opening minutes, it was clear to me Pargo was a legit offensive threat. He shot out of a cannon on his first drive of the game in a way that no one else on the court was capable. Jrue could not pressure him and still keep him in front of him.....pretty much the entire game. They needed to adjust and try something different with Pargo. The Cavs did hit more shots than they usually would. But if we are making the playoffs, we kind of need to figure out how to win games like this.

Again, not encouraged that Collins decided to go with Thad at C again to end the game. If it weren't for some calls and no calls that went our way, the game would have ended even uglier than it did for us.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    I really do like the way ET runs things without Jrue in there.
    He's been playing more 1 even with Jrue on the court with him. I think it's part of the reason Jrue's TO's have gone down. Also another positive benefit is that Jrue can make plays off the ball, whereas ET isn't so hot at it. I think the game should really be a 50/50 share of point duties between ET and Jrue. Jrue makes his fair share of assists and buckets playing off the ball in the half court. When ET isn't at point, there still needs to be more offensive sets starting off with him in a good position to score with the offense going through him early in the clock. And ET needs to remember that when he posts guys several inches shorter that he isn't MJ with the turn around fade. Lean in and get to that rim dammit!

With Hawes on the floor, I'd play more Jrue at the point and have the rest of the offense playing off that two man game in the high post and move ET to the corners for a 3 point shot....it's much better than having ET run circles around Hawes or camp out for long 2 pointers late in the shot clock. Instead of playing off of Hawes in the high post....i kind of like Jrue/Hawes working the pick and pop with a cutter flying to the hoop when Hawes makes the catch off the pick.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-22-2012 at 07:02 AM.

vCash
    Team inconsistency rears it's ugly head...

vCash

He led the 14-3 run that got us back in it in the second
    You're confusing him with JRich. And you skipped over the part where he was 0-7. (Did that not count?)

(although I'm assuming you didn't see that bit, given you thought it was evidence he's better with the reserves, even though it was with the starters)
    I didn't say he was with the reserves. I said he came in off the bench...which, at that point he had. And it doesn't matter who he was WITH; it matters who he was AGAINST.

and again kept us in it by being the only one willing to get it inside (and even took it inside himself a few times) amid a sea of long jumpers. He led - or was at least right there - for every good offensive stretch we had
    Wow. You almost make it sound heroic.

Wait a minute... What's THAT I'm feeling? Yes. Yes.

I'm sold!

You're right, BHolly! Evan wasn't mediocre last night at all. He was ****ing TREMENDOUS!

ET was miles better than JRich tonight, it isn't even a question.
    Well, ahem. Except maybe for the 0-7 and bad defense. But...ya know.

vCash
    ET's finger prints were all over the 14-3 run in the 2nd....BHolly is correct on that one. And I know this might pain you to admit it Ricky, he did some of that damage on the slow break after claiming the defensive rebound. It's a good thing he didn't just outlet to the closest guy....or the game might have been over by halftime.

Red Auerbach must be turning over in his grave.

vCash

He led the 14-3 run that got us back in it in the second
    You're confusing him with JRich. And you skipped over the part where he was 0-7. (Did that not count?)

(although I'm assuming you didn't see that bit, given you thought it was evidence he's better with the reserves, even though it was with the starters)
    I didn't say he was with the reserves. I said he came in off the bench...which, at that point he had. And it doesn't matter who he was WITH; it matters who he was AGAINST.

and again kept us in it by being the only one willing to get it inside (and even took it inside himself a few times) amid a sea of long jumpers. He led - or was at least right there - for every good offensive stretch we had
    Wow. You almost make it sound heroic.

Wait a minute... What's THAT I'm feeling? Yes. Yes.

I'm sold!

You're right, BHolly! Evan wasn't mediocre last night at all. He was ****ing TREMENDOUS!

ET was miles better than JRich tonight, it isn't even a question.
    Well, ahem. Except maybe for the 0-7 and bad defense. But...ya know.
    I think u missed the game ricky.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast