Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 105
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    chicago, illinois
    Posts
    12,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    LOL, when was that?
    You mean when Bush started it after 9/11?
    Or only now that a D is the pres...LOL.
    huh? what does it have to do with a democrat? where have you been? stuff like this has been rumored for along time like tracking chips were considered crazy talk and now even schools are using those on students.

    Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    IDK...maybe becasue of my early military experiences, Im not surprised by the Idea of a "tracking chip" or anything like that.

    When I first got to Germany, I had a clearance to work on a restricted group of Aircraft.In the back of these cargo planes they had put big metal boxes like sheds.In the rest of the back of the aircraft there was no lighting and the front and back of the cargo area had black out curtains.
    When the aircrew that operated whatever the hell, they had back there went in, they were pad locked...inside,in flight.

    Recently, The chinese shot down one of their own satelites.They "officially" indicated they just wanted to see if they could.
    See, I would bet a boatload of money that they did that to let us know that whatever we are doing up there they can counter.

    The sr-71 was classified for years after its exsistence was pretty well known.
    years after the need for an aircraft like that was irrelevant due to stealth tech and fledgling drone tech.
    Now, if they have let us in on that...what do you think they have NOW?

    I dont doubt any conspiracies Ive ever heard,some are a little narrow sited, like the whole Benghazi thing, but I dont ever doubt that there is some truth to any of them.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Did you not say that you don't care because you don't have anything to hide? Then when people responded you moderated/changed your stance. Now you attempting to change the subject by going after corporate bad guys which no one has been arguing for.

    Do you stand by the statement that you don't care about this topic because you don't have anything to hide and they're doing it anyways?

    Not sure I get what your saying.
    I dont care...Im not really trying to moderate my stance, others in here look at things in a very black and white perspective.
    I see things in greys.
    I dont have anything to hide ,so I dont care who knows my buissness.
    I think I went on to say I understand that others dont feel that way, or do infact have sensitive information that needs protecting.
    Im sure I went on to say,I am aware of Governmental overreaches through out history from aristocrats to dictators.
    It seems to me that people read what they want into others statements and approach debating these points like they are partcipants in a sporting event where a clear cut winner and loser needs to be defined...wierd.
    The Government has routinely monitored our "private" goings on.
    They have for some time.
    Didnt we learn this with Joe Mccarthy?
    Or watergate? Or Hoover?
    Now they want to make it easier to do it legally.
    Do you believe that will have any effect on wether they do it or Not?
    I dont.

    lastly, I dont really understand why posters in here seem to get so bent out of shape at the suggestion of tangental evidence to support or refute an Idea.

    The premise IS governmental overreach...good or bad.
    I pointed out that Big Buisness is a defacto branch of the government so why do they get a pass.
    You imply that the threads topic is somehow more related to my take on things then it is on the subject at hand.
    You not alone in this behaviour, I find it very odd.
    I think Ill call it the DOOM phenomenon.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    and just to clarify...I actually said that IMO there seems to be a direct corellation between peoples desire for privacy and the depth of their questionable behaviours.

    How you wanted to interpret that is your buisness.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    1500
    sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://e...ptUGdyMeXzGxGA

    here you go, you guys will LOVE THIS...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,619
    vCash
    1000
    I'm trying to imagine a situation where something horrendously wrong will happen because they read an email yet all I can think of is them intercepting critical terrorist data and using it to protect American lives.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    LOL...dont go there buddy...The RT wing populace of this country has been sold a story of the EVILS of Government that has been passed from generation to generation since we told ole King george to go screw himself.Then when we told the south that enslaving people was bad, half the country got in their heads that Government was out to Ruin their lives...i mean can you blame them? they where gonna have to take out there own trash, wash thier own toilets, etc, etc....ofcourse Government is a SOB.

    But Like I said (and you will here no coherent defense from anyone becasue they dont rationally think of things, they just ......talk.) why are people so scared of Government..so accepting of Big Buisness?
    Big Buisness has no rules, no moral guidelines, no pretense of concern for the citizenry...Big Buisness owns Washington, so the Government is really just another dept. to staff...Payroll, HR, federal Govt.
    So why would one bemoan the "scariness" of Government snooping, while happily asking to eliminate regulations that keep banks from stealing your money, or industries from poisoning our air and water,our Ins/pharma from taking every cent we have when we get sick.

    So noseing around in my "PRIVATE" communications is treasonous, and dangerous, but robbing me blind,making me sick, and then owning me for the right to continue living...all of that is as American as apple pie.lololololol.....

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    It's only going to get worse, as people are condtitioned to being ****ed with, whether it's the TSA, warrantless wiretaps, etc.

    ...all under the narrative of "keeping us safe" and "I have nothing to hide so government can do what it wants"

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    LOL...dont go there buddy...The RT wing populace of this country has been sold a story of the EVILS of Government that has been passed from generation to generation since we told ole King george to go screw himself.Then when we told the south that enslaving people was bad, half the country got in their heads that Government was out to Ruin their lives...i mean can you blame them? they where gonna have to take out there own trash, wash thier own toilets, etc, etc....ofcourse Government is a SOB.

    But Like I said (and you will here no coherent defense from anyone becasue they dont rationally think of things, they just ......talk.) why are people so scared of Government..so accepting of Big Buisness?
    Big Buisness has no rules, no moral guidelines, no pretense of concern for the citizenry...Big Buisness owns Washington, so the Government is really just another dept. to staff...Payroll, HR, federal Govt.
    So why would one bemoan the "scariness" of Government snooping, while happily asking to eliminate regulations that keep banks from stealing your money, or industries from poisoning our air and water,our Ins/pharma from taking every cent we have when we get sick.

    So noseing around in my "PRIVATE" communications is treasonous, and dangerous, but robbing me blind,making me sick, and then owning me for the right to continue living...all of that is as American as apple pie.lololololol.....
    I'm largely for a smaller government because I want to get rid of corporate welfare. A simplified tax code with no deductions will eliminate the ability to hide targeted tax breaks to the corporations and the rich who fund PAC's and super PAC's. I'd like to see a greatly reduced military footprint because I think we waste money and lives to create as much international harm as we do good. I don't want to ignore the weak and impoverish in our country but I don't think we need to demonize wealth either.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    39,920
    vCash
    0
    This makes me so mad that I'm not even gonna discuss it....

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    This makes me so mad that I'm not even gonna discuss it....
    Just don't fire off any overly angry emails about it to your buddies

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I'm largely for a smaller government because I want to get rid of corporate welfare. A simplified tax code with no deductions will eliminate the ability to hide targeted tax breaks to the corporations and the rich who fund PAC's and super PAC's. I'd like to see a greatly reduced military footprint because I think we waste money and lives to create as much international harm as we do good. I don't want to ignore the weak and impoverish in our country but I don't think we need to demonize wealth either.
    so what IS smaller government GM.
    Youll have to define that.
    Most of the large beaucrasies we suffer through with are a result of Corporations doing exactly what you fear government doing.

    SO once again, in an age where buisnesses can monitor when your home phone is in use, so they know when to attempt to call you....

    In an age when W passed legislation that allowed Visa to put you into a default APR if you were late in paying your JC pennys card.....

    In an age when Wells fargo can submit checks for payment in any order they wanted to ,to ensure you wound up bouncing checks if you made a mistake,
    (putting your mortage payment in 1st, and then charging you 15 dollars each for the three little checks you accidentally wrote so they made 45 instead of 15.)...

    so Im asking You, what is the difference?
    Corporate welfare aside, why should buisnesses be so embraced regardless of their ethical misdeeds and overreaches, but Government is scary?

    I Know why....
    do you?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    and just to clarify...I actually said that IMO there seems to be a direct corellation between peoples desire for privacy and the depth of their questionable behaviours.

    How you wanted to interpret that is your buisness.
    I fundamentally disagree with the concept of "I got nothing to hide so I don't care who looks." I wasn't trying to gotcha on this, I just want to debate this point and felt your point was changing.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    1500
    Gothca..
    well it is a grey area IMO.
    We definetiy tend to apply judgement to when we follow rules.
    I mean, it seems to me that a lowering of the standard is what is being discussed, not whether or not the CAN right?
    See IMO, they probably do it all the time and are just tired of the burden of catching their perps through a legal method once theyve identified them illegally.

    The cats already out of the bag so to speak,and has been for decades.
    I think each case should be addressed on a case by case scenario, but Ill be GDamned if Id let some terrorist piece of SH walk for any reason.I dont care if they tortured his wife to give him up...freedom isnt free, isnt that one of those sayings the right loves so much...some times that price is your morallity, sometimes its your honesty, sometimes its your ethics...There are 300 million people in this country which have a big red x on their backs all over the world and even at home..protecting them has to be the first priority.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •