Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't want him anywhere near the lineup come opening day ...

vCash
    he has negative trade value. have to throw in a good prospect or two and boatload of cash in order to move him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    he has negative trade value. have to throw in a good prospect or two and boatload of cash in order to move him

Haha. He is Wesley Johnson. The Twolves gave Phoenix a first round pick to take the guy off their hands ...

vCash
    Adam Lind has no trade value and will get waived or Designated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Which is exactly the same as saying he's going to be on the Jays next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Which is exactly the same as saying he's going to be on the Jays next year
    i forgot the "but" yah unfortunately he will be a jay still
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 11-22-2012 at 03:45 AM.

vCash
    At this point is Cooper even a better option then Lind? I've just lost so much faith in Lind that it would be disappointing to see him in the opening day lineup, even if he's platooned.

And that's not saying I have any faith in Cooper, because I don't. It says more about how little I expect from Lind at this point.

There has to be a better option via FA or trade.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    At this point is Cooper even a better option then Lind? I've just lost so much faith in Lind that it would be disappointing to see him in the opening day lineup, even if he's platooned.

And that's not saying I have any faith in Cooper, because I don't. It says more about how little I expect from Lind at this point.

There has to be a better option via FA or trade.
    If Lind can continue where he left off, or even be relegated to RHP only, he is much better than Cooper. I know that's a big 'if' but it's not as if Cooper is much of an upgrade, even when Lind is struggling.

What are people's thoughts on Kendrys Morales? With Trumbo there, his days may be numbered. He has a pretty outstanding year before his injury, followed by a pretty average year in 2012, but still an upgrade over Lind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    If Lind can continue where he left off, or even be relegated to RHP only, he is much better than Cooper. I know that's a big 'if' but it's not as if Cooper is much of an upgrade, even when Lind is struggling.

What are people's thoughts on Kendrys Morales? With Trumbo there, his days may be numbered. He has a pretty outstanding year before his injury, followed by a pretty average year in 2012, but still an upgrade over Lind.
    If the Jays are going to make another move involving moving assets/ taking on salary I really hope its for another front of the rotation starter. We have lots of pop in the line up so I would like to see what Cooper could do with 500 AB's. He doesn't need to hit 25 hrs to be a contributor- an average in the 285- 305 range and solid OBP and I'm happy. Any OPS over 800 without spending anything else would such a huge bonus. Perhaps allowing the Jays the flexibility to make a move at trade dead line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Jonny Gomes can be had for a lot less then 8-9 million over two years. He's a platoon option along with Lind for dh and i'd be happy to sign him.
    Good call on that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    So Jose Bautista is wrong in projecting Lind to bat 5th? I guess you would know better than him right?

vCash
    Tampa Bay is probably looking for a replacement in the 1B/DH department for Carlos Pena who was terrible last season. As disappointing as Lind may have been the past couple of seasons he is a big upgrade to the Rays over Pena. I wonder if they would take Lind off our hands for even a mid level prospect or a bullpen arm and free us some space to pick up a Berkman type.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Analyst View Post
    So Jose Bautista is wrong in projecting Lind to bat 5th? I guess you would know better than him right?
    JB can be wrong too sometimes

Lind should ****en bat last for all i care ..
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 11-22-2012 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    Tampa Bay is probably looking for a replacement in the 1B/DH department for Carlos Pena who was terrible last season. As disappointing as Lind may have been the past couple of seasons he is a big upgrade to the Rays over Pena. I wonder if they would take Lind off our hands for even a mid level prospect or a bullpen arm and free us some space to pick up a Berkman type.
    I don't know if AA is interested in Berkman, but I think you're on to something with TB being interested in a guy like Lind. He's right up their alley as a buy-low slugger off the scrap heap. Letting him go there might come back to burn us, but that depends more on who we get to replace him than how well Lind does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Analyst View Post
    And what was Joey going to do, leave him off the line up while he is still here. Had to put him somewhere!

And this line up is based on the guys here now, maybe it changes a little after the Winter Meetings. Can't see AA being done yet.
    Last edited by wagnall; 11-22-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast