Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    Davis is decent against lefties isn't he? I'm at work so can't check. While not the ideal DH, he would be a big improvement from Lind against LHP (plus the added speed factor).
    Yep, IIRC, about .285 BA with about a .320 OBP. Not awesome, but not bad. Plus his wheels are then in play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkefied View Post
    Lind was waived last season. Nobody picked him up, he was sent back to AAA and nothing major was different when he came back up later on in the year. I doubt anyone would pick him up today if we placed him on waivers again. So, if nobody will pick him and his salary up for nothing in return, Lind would have zero trade value whatsoever.
    That is wrong. While he was no all star when he was promoted back up, he went from being pretty much the worst hitting 1B/DH in the league to around replacement level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    That is wrong. While he was no all star when he was promoted back up, he went from being pretty much the worst hitting 1B/DH in the league to around replacement level.
    I meant nothing major, as in, he didn't become an allstar again. There was improvement though. Albeit small sample size.

vCash
    I agree that he would be good in a platoon role with another solid bat.. I like gomes.. he gets on base, can hit for an average, has power and a really big upbeat attitude.. would be another guy to have on this team in the event that lind fails again... cooper might be a good platoon guy as well... has put up decent numbers in his 2-3 major league stints.. I guess I am good with Cooper... guy is more then major leauge ready...

vCash
    Just an FYI - Gomes has apparently signed with the Red Sox.

vCash
    I think this is Lind's contract year so you may as well see if he can put it together. His future is on the line, so we should see the best of what he can offer.

vCash
    Just seen the news on gomes...that sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkefied View Post
    I meant nothing major, as in, he didn't become an allstar again. There was improvement though. Albeit small sample size.
    Didn't he hit .298 after he came back up for the balance of the year?

vCash
    Dude's not going anywhere. No one wants him.

But I suppose it isn't horrible to let him pitch against RHP until we find a proper first baseman.

vCash

Adam Lind trade value? and possible replacements

We could expect .285avg/.350OBP out of Rajai against lefties next season.

With roster as constructed, Lind DHs against righties, and give Jose/Melky/Colby a breather at DH against lefties with Davis in the OF. Easy enough and should be reasonably effective. Then I'd like Twitchys suggestion of Chavez to fill bench spot. Potent PH bat against righties and can backup the IF corners.

If AA makes another move, though, this goes out the window.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Dude's not going anywhere. No one wants him.

But I suppose it isn't horrible to let him pitch against RHP until we find a proper first baseman.
    Hit

vCash
    With a guy like Gomes who can't hit righties and has no defensive value getting 2/10, maybe 1/5 (let's say the Jays send the 2 to cover a potential buyout) for Lind isn't all that ridiculous anymore. I mean, once LaRoche signs, maybe Pena, who's left on the market for first baseman? You don't think a team like the Indians wouldn't at the very least listen on Lind?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    With a guy like Gomes who can't hit righties and has no defensive value getting 2/10, maybe 1/5 (let's say the Jays send the 2 to cover a potential buyout) for Lind isn't all that ridiculous anymore. I mean, once LaRoche signs, maybe Pena, who's left on the market for first baseman? You don't think a team like the Indians wouldn't at the very least listen on Lind?
    If we managed to move Lind, who do you want as a DH/1B? Berkman is probably the best fit available as far as free agents go. A healthy Berkman batting between Jose and EE has the potential to be scary. I would obviously love to have Laroche on a short term deal but I feel like a team is going to overpay him in both dollars and term. Napoli is decent but is RH power bat is a bit redundant in this lineup and it sounds like he wants to catch every day.

Could try and land Duda or Davis from the Mets, maybe Morales from the LAA or Adams from STL?

vCash

Adam Lind trade value? and possible replacements

Even though most of his production comes against lefties, Gomes is still appreciably superior to Lind (or at least he was last year).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. If you asked me this 6 months ago I'd agree with you but now? I think he'll easily hit that mark.
    You called that correct I'm pretty surprised to be honest though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast