Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would have loved it if the Raiders would have took. The offer and not turned it down when Harbaugh wanted the 9er's and Raiders to practice together. And be trade partners like in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    To answer the OP...yes

Here's the difference. The niners were run like a real team and drafted like one, even though they struggled to find a coach and identity on the field and in management. They invested in OL and defense. They made smart personnel moves and brought in the right coach.

Reggie and DA are dealing with a much different situation. One that invokes a decade of terrible personnel decisions and contracts. Putting players before coaches, salaries before discipline, and ego before winning. The product shows the reflection on the field and of the field. Rewarding people based on personal beliefs, not on production.

Yes, Reggie will get us there by 2015. You can give me plenty of examples of a team that turned it around in one year, but none of them were run into the ground for a decade. 20 million over the cap and your first pick is a compensatory pick in the third....and people want to blame RM and DA!?!?!?

I can't wait to get rid of all the scrubs, scholarships, quitters, morons, broke backs, and non believers. I'm not saying we will win a Super Bowl, that takes alot of luck. But we will be respectable again and I'm willing to wait after going through a decade of pure stupidity, and two others of broken promises and egotistical decisions.
    He shoots ....he scores!!!!!

On the money Fish......on the money!!!

vCash
    Thanks Max. I might add that we should not get our hopes up on big name FA next year either. We are still strapped, and once we cut ties will still owe some money against the cap. 2014-15 is when we should see us grabbing significant players.

I'm willing to give them a pass this year, but not the players. Next year I'd like to see a young team develop through mistakes and play hard. I see too much giving up this year, and I attribute that to the attitudes of the losers we have. Winning is an attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Yep exactly what I was getting at and my hope is just that as a GM he drafts well and adds the right free agents and we turn it around as the 9ers have.
    I have a feeling McKennzie will trade down and get as many players he can to groom into the type of player he and Allen are looking for,then sign veterans to play and lead by example.

vCash
    The 49ers are enjoying year two of their resurgence amongst the elite of the NFL. They are well coached and well run, but it wasn't always that way. In fact they were not exactly the bastion of stability burning through 5 Head Coaches after Mooch was fired following a 10-6 season in 2002.

They finally found their guy (Harbaugh) but they had some very good drafts preceding Harbaugh's hire, I also credit Singletary for imparting the 49ers with hard nose NFC North mentality.

Pittsburgh has had three head coaches since the merger, they do things a certain way and are persistent about the Steeler brand of NFL football. The Raiders were once that way.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 11-21-2012 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Thanks Max. I might add that we should not get our hopes up on big name FA next year either. We are still strapped, and once we cut ties will still owe some money against the cap. 2014-15 is when we should see us grabbing significant players.

I'm willing to give them a pass this year, but not the players. Next year I'd like to see a young team develop through mistakes and play hard. I see too much giving up this year, and I attribute that to the attitudes of the losers we have. Winning is an attitude.
    I agree ,I want FA agents that can lead by example and teach at the same time,I'd rather have 3 solid wide-outs who run crisp routes,finish blocks and play to the whistle than a FA stud who "wants the ball". I want a team, I don't want Randy Moss ...and the Raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    The 49ers are enjoying year two of their resurgence amongst the elite of the NFL. They are well coached and well run, but it wasn't always that way. In fact they were not exactly the bastion of stability burning through 5 Head Coaches after Mooch was fired following a 10-6 season in 2002.

They finally found their guy (Harbaugh) but they had some very good drafts preceding Harbaugh's hire, I also credit Singletary for imparting the 49ers with hard nose NFC North mentality.

Pittsburgh has had three head coaches since the merger, they do things a certain way and are persistent about the Steeler brand of NFL football. The Raiders were once that way.
    Very solid points hopefully Dennis Allen can be that same type of coach to finally end our revolving door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Look at the 2 players RM has brought in since being in control.

Burris and Wheeler.

Both have been star players, not the money hungry hacks that have been brought in in the past by Davis.
    I agree. His eye for talent already has me looking forward to future drafts, however his talent for picking coaches... well not so much. For the Umteenth time I have no idea why he would bring in a DC with horrible stats when we had a coach that was 8-8, with pretty much the same roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Yup...and it's all about Reggie's brand he brings from GB.

The niners drafted four OL high since 07, three 1st and a 2nd. That's how it's done. Some damn fine defensive players as well... Not wr's and Db's which was Al's MO. You can't expect every 3rd/4th round OL to pan out period and rely on retreads cut from other teams. They built the lines and LB core, them added position players.

I find peace in hearing Reggie say the game is won at the line. Given the amount of OL/DL he keeps bringing in I'd say he fully understands the problem, even if all we have access to is cuts and practice squad players. He is constantly looking for someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    I agree. His eye for talent already has me looking forward to future drafts, however his talent for picking coaches... well not so much. For the Umteenth time I have no idea why he would bring in a DC with horrible stats when we had a coach that was 8-8, with pretty much the same roster.
    Wrong...much different roster

DA was a hot assistant, we weren't the only team looking at him. Hue was nothing short of an incredible douche....

I mean really...you guys want some *** pansy gettig his nails done as HC? Hue'a track record was complete **** before he got here and will be. The only reason he was ever a coach was Al. Yes it sucks taking a step backwards, what did you expect 20mil over the cap as no draft!?!?!??

vCash
    Hugh Jackson was a baffoon,regardless of us finishing 8-8 we were 7-4 and lost 4 of the last 5 games,he talked about building a bully but instead gave us a pansy who couldn't hold a lead. We'll never know what Allen will do with this team until he's given a chance and not some one and done crap like Davis would do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders-SJ View Post
    We tried for 7 years .. .its all about Harbaugh.
    Damm good coach and Al has been trying for years to get him.
    It's not all harbaugh. Him and Baalke didn't draft and turn this defense into what it is today. Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary deserve some credit there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Hugh Jackson was a baffoon,regardless of us finishing 8-8 we were 7-4 and lost 4 of the last 5 games
    A buffoon with a better offense, a better defense and more wins! And with the weight of GM on his shoulders, I think he would have been a much better coach without the duties of GM.
    DMC went from 5.3 to 3.3. Our offense went from 22 ppg 20 ppg and defense went from 27 ppg to 32 ppg. Should we talk about sacks?

He was better in every way. But we rip on him because we do not like him? Do not get me wrong, he is not my favorite coach. He if not even my favorite option. But compared to DA... Hue is way better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    EDIT: excellent post bw. nailed it right on the head =D
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1951 View Post
    Agree on all points. Too bad by the time RM gets the team rebuilt from the bottom up Carson will be getting up there in years. A real waste to have a good QB for the first time in 10 years, and a lousey team around him.
    Totally agree... Hopefully by then we will have found another franchize QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    Well Jackson was on his last thread anyway. No idea if this is true or not but supposedly Al Davis told Mark he was done for anyway. Maybe that's why Mark and Reggie carried out that "wish". No idea if that's true or not but that's what I heard. Anyway, Jackson was going over AD's head and he didn't like it. He was getting on a power trip and that's why he was let go. I liked Jackson. I had hopes for him. But it's done and over with so I put my faith in RM, MD and DA.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I don't fault Al for sticking to his guns regarding his brand of football. Its effective, at-least in strategy. Where he began to falter was the premium he placed on athletes over football players and his instance on breeding a culture that did not place an emphasis on accountability.

The greatest Raiders on the last three decades, ironically where high character guys that were great football players, great leaders but maybe not considered the best at their position in terms of raw measurables (Marcus Allen, Tim Brown and Rich Gannon).

Maybe had Al drafted players more of the caliber of the aforementioned and less James Jett and JaMarcus Russell types the Raider brand could have endured.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast