Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Do you ever understand anyone, ever?
    you stated "they give the first overall pick to the team in the most financial trouble."
    Phoenix seems to be the team with the greatest financial troubles.
    so from my understanding that would mean Phoenix would get the first overall pick according to your statement.

vCash
    Im pretty sure your also wrong Halladay lol......Going by the last lockout (04-05) It went by teams being assigned between 1 and 3 balls based on there playoff appearences in the past few yrs, and also 1st overall picks would come into play.....so doubtful EDM would get anymore than one ball.
    Im pretty sure thats how it went but if anyone else knows exactly how that draft went then please clear it up!

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    I think this is interesting since I am going to be in the draft. I'm projected as a 5th rounder!!

vCash
    They'll "give" it to either Lemieux or to the Maple Leafs.

Just kidding, but the Leafs are the team losing the most money due to this lockout and they were very vocal about that during the last lockout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think this is interesting since I am going to be in the draft. I'm projected as a 5th rounder!!
    Name? I want to see when you get drafted.

So many ramifications because of this lockout. Ugh.... so frustrating.

vCash
    give it to the devils

apparently we have no fan support and are in debt :P
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    As a lockout cancelled the games of the 2004–05 NHL season, the draft order was determined by lottery on July 22, 2005. Teams were assigned 1 to 3 balls based on their playoff appearances and first overall draft picks from the past three years. According to the draft order, the selection worked its way up to 30 as usual; then instead of repeating the order as in past years, the draft "snaked" back down to the team with the first pick. Therefore the team with the first pick overall would not pick again until the 60th pick. The team with the 30th pick would also get the 31st pick. The new CBA reduced the draft to seven rounds in length, compared to nine rounds in years past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NHL_Entry_Draft
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavelb1 View Post
    The only thing that could hurt Beltre would be a Beltre clone...or a poison arrow to his Achilles Testicles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    They'll "give" it to either Lemieux or to the Maple Leafs.

Just kidding, but the Leafs are the team losing the most money due to this lockout and they were very vocal about that during the last lockout.
    i would argue otherwise, well actually i don't know what they make but MLSE is owned by Bell and Rogers (two telecommunications rivals) but Bell sinks most of its money into hockey coverage with TSN. Rogers on the other hand owns the Blue jays solely to themselves and have suddenly become the hottest ticket in town now and the haven't even played a game yet. I bet Bell is pissed but Rogers must be laughing, they get to take advantage of the lockout by investing more into the jays (and get more fans) while still holding control of the cash cow that it the Leafs. Also MLSE owns the Building IIRC and has another team that uses the ACC (where the leafs play)

Long story short, The leafs wont be losing nearly as much money as some other teams with less fortunate owners.

As for the draft question, every team gets 3 balls. One ball is taken away if a team has made the playoffs in the last three years (one max) and the same happens if a team has picked first in the same time period. I made a post going into further detail about where each team ranked. Interestingly, the pens had the 1st overall pick in 2003 (MA Fleury) but i don`t think that counted because they got that pick from Florida. Whatever it was rigged anyway...

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Just give the first pick to the Penguins again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    you stated "they give the first overall pick to the team in the most financial trouble."
    Phoenix seems to be the team with the greatest financial troubles.
    so from my understanding that would mean Phoenix would get the first overall pick according to your statement.
    Congrats, you got it...but not the joke
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Im pretty sure your also wrong Halladay lol......Going by the last lockout (04-05) It went by teams being assigned between 1 and 3 balls based on there playoff appearences in the past few yrs, and also 1st overall picks would come into play.....so doubtful EDM would get anymore than one ball.
    Im pretty sure thats how it went but if anyone else knows exactly how that draft went then please clear it up!
    I was kidding but I heard on the radio recently that the bottom 6 from last year get 3 ping pong balls but after that, I don't know. I do know that everyone has a shot a the number 1 pick. So I'm assuming after the first six, some will have 2 and some will have just one? All I know is my team has a good shot but I know deep down this thing is rigged and we'll get screwed somehow.

vCash
    Something I just thought about...The Blue Jackets have the Rangers and Kings 1st round picks for the 2013 draft. It's never gonna happen, but just imagine if they got the top 3 picks or even 3 top-10 picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Ryan Spooner part 2?

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    if your a leafs fan you prey there is no season. I think there is only 4 or 5 teams that would have as many balls as the Leafs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Ryan Spooner part 2?
    Ryan Spooner had an account on this site?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Ryan Spooner had an account on this site?
    I dunno but he had a nice breakaway goal against Springfield Friday night

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast