Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Mavs slump

vCash

Mavs slump

I just wanted to see if anyone else thought this but it seems like as soon as we let Eddie curry go and bring in Troy Murphy we started slumping. Why did we let curry go? He brought us some toughness and swagger
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by josh81589:24416082
    I just wanted to see if anyone else thought this but it seems like as soon as we let Eddie curry go and bring in Troy Murphy we started slumping. Why did we let curry go? He brought us some toughness and swagger
    Curry played TWO games for us. We went 1-1. He didn't even play 25 minutes between the two games. The whole idea that Curry is our missing piece is ridiculous. We won three games in a row after we dumped him.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Also, people need to stop blaming Murphy. This guy has been an incredible role player for us. Shooting a VERY respectable 35.7% from 3, averaging (per 36 minutes) 7.3 reb, 1.3 ast, 10.3 pts, 1.7 stl, 0.7 blk and only 1.1 to. Considering his role on this team, he has played exceptionally well. Fans need to stop trying to scapegoat players for no reason. There's far bigger issues on this team than anything Murphy has done.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Go ahead and close thread please, I just got burned
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by josh81589 View Post
    Go ahead and close thread please, I just got burned
    The goal wasn't to burn and I'm all for people opening discussions. Just take some time to investigate some things. Trust me, tons of people think Murphy is awful, when in reality, he has been very good for what he is. Anyone expecting Murphy to be Lebron will be sorely disappointed.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Blame asmarks

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    There's no slump in my eyes. One or two embarissing games so far, a few decisons made about one could argue ...nothing new and granted. Actually, just looking at our record, we're doing fairly better than expected. We gelled the first games and we will later this season again with everyone on board.

Murphy is doing good and will get better and also feel more comfotable in his role if he walks on with us but I wish we could have kept Curry too (never thought I'd say this about him). On the other side, no one knows how it would have developed further on.

If Brand and Wright can add some point and rebounds, we're better off. wrigth was on the right way, still his physics hinder him aainst the real bigs but that's commonly known.

Once Brand will be healthy I hope we can expect him to contribute about the same like he did over the last couple years. I don't wan his scoring but his defense and rebound abilites. He should be our new Rodman. Rodmans second stint ;-)