Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Mavs Player

vCash

Mavs Player

hey guys
    after 9 games i would love to read from everyone of you which player you are in love with or not? write down what u have seen in the last games good and bad things.
    And i mean ALL players from mayo over dantay jones to cunningham
    so have fun
    btw kaman is in beast mode

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

RUN DMC Baby

vCash
    Smart topic idea King...

Dirk - I sincerely miss you

Marion - I hope him a full and quick recovery from the MCL sprain. He's played really well with DC and Mayo in the faster up-tempo style.

Kaman - He's a gifted scorer at the center spot. Best we've ever had even in a short sample.

Mayo - After a slow start, he's been everything and more. Must keep player.

Collison - Mavs needed a new style at point. He's not JKidd, which has been good and bad. I really like DC though and I'm a huge fan of his.

Brand - EB has struggled with his shot consistency, but he's a hard, fundamental worker and always gives 100%

Wright - Besides his one DNP-CD against the Wiz due to poor rebounding, Wright has improved his game and bulked up a little. He's a solid reserve at both PF/C

Dahntay - I knew what to expect when he came. He's a solid defender with a tough guy attitude out there. He can knock down the corner three. I like what I get in his role.

Vince - VC is hot and cold on my radar. As he is with anyone. He's most effective in a contained role (20-24 minutes) but injuries have forced him into heavier PT. Shot selection has been iffy at times. But we've needed his hard effort thus far.

DoJo - Not too much to report on him. He played some good minutes when Roddy couldn't go in reserve PG duty behind DC. His shot hasn't made any strides in 3 years and he's not a great finisher around the rim...

TMurph - Seems like Murphy isn't an fan fave like Brian Cardinal was. But that's asking a lot. Murphy does do well on the boards for not being a great athlete. His shot will improve as he gets into better shape. I've liked him since his GSW days.

Roddy B - Buckets won't be the player we all thought he'd be once upon a time ago, but he can certainly provide us quality minutes at the backup PG spot and in times as part of Rick's 3-guard lineup which might arise again. With expectations lowered, Roddy is just fine. I have NWT Roddy home swingman jersey, never worn. Size LG for $49.95 free shipping!

JAE - For our third pick in the draft and second rounder, Crowder has been extremely impressive. Love his confidence. I've seen him quite a bit in college since I'm a Syracuse fan and Big East fan, for one more season at least. ACC soon!!

Sarge - This guy plays under control and very mature. He has a motor that goes and goes. Great rebounder and crafty lefty finisher around the basket. Love when he brings to the table. Much appreciation for his service too!!

J1Flight - He's just not ready. Figured as much from the moment he couldn't go in Summer League. I by no means want to give up on him anytime soon, because he'll be a work in progress. Have to be patient though because there's no time in the rotation for him. He's freaky athletic, but he's got to get stronger for the NBA game.

vCash
    thx i hope that this thread opens my hoF door

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

RUN DMC Baby

vCash
    Dirk - He's Dirk. Too early to judge.
    Mayo - He's been spectacular. I'm not suprised though, he just never was given control in Memphis.
    Carter - He's just too old to be a game changer anymore. Still shoots too many 3's. Solid role player.
    Marion - Before he got injured, was doing what he does. Nothing that wows, just all the dirty work and hustle plays. Had some sloppy passing.
    Kaman - Awesome addition. I love his offensive game. Needs to box out more.
    Brand - Awful addition. Reverted back to the bad Brand.
    Collison - Fun player to watch, horrendous decision maker. Turnovers and poor shot selection ruin all the good things he does.
    Crowder - Best Mavs draft pick under Cuban (and I was a HUGE Josh Howard fan). He's like a young version of Marion...without the ******** shooting form.
    Roddy - Once again leashed up too much by Rick. Shown flashes of brilliance, but will never reach his potential under Rick.
    Dahntay Jones - Looks like a slightly worse version of Stevenson. Not impressed, but not disappointed.
    Wright - If you want hustle and energy look no further. If you want a big man, keep looking. Wright just doesn't have the strength to beat and bang.
    DoJo - Should never be allowed to shoot. Great passer...but he might be the worst shooter in the NBA...from any distance.
    Murphy - Underrated. Averaging over 10 rebounds per 36 minutes heading in to the Wizards game. He is exactly what I expected. And will never be appreciated for what he is.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Dirk - Take your time, get yourself healthy..... God I miss you.
    Mayo - Welcome #2 scorer (after Dirk). Just hope that he does fix up defense that got him benched in Memphis.
    Carter - Sigh* He's good, but he can be better by ONLY taking non-contested shots. No more than 20mins for him.
    Marion - Take your time as well. I didn't know you affected the whole offense.... even when you are in the bench.
    Kaman - This dude is a straight up baller at the post. 1-1 he can def take on just about anyone in the post.
    Brand - Holy crap does this dude miss shots. Outside, inside, offside, anyside, it may be selective memory, but he sucks.
    Collison - I can't believe how much things can change in four games. Plain and simple, he needs to make smarter decisions.
    Crowder - I'm :cry: for the fact that RC keeps ****ing benching him every game. He is the definition of hard worker, passionate, and true NBA player.
    Dahntay Jones - Eh. Average player.
    Wright - Another TRUE NBA player, too bad RC has a knack of benching true NBA players. Rebounds, excellent shot selection, great hustler.
    DoJo -
    Murphy - Above average addition. Personally not a big impact player but he is doing what Vince should be doing, rebounding, driving in, and not taking so many jump shots.
    "Its never gonna be the same....."

GIFSoup

DMF's insight in regards to advance stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    Bulls won the series.

vCash
    So far my favorites are JAE, OJ, Kaman, and Collision.
    Brand is still a solid player, shot above 50% last year and will find his shot again...he was on his way to being one of the greats before his horrible injury. Never the less, we need him for his toughness, leadership, and ball skills...shot will drop

No need to mention dirk..will be back

Marion doesnt seem to age does he???

At this point in carters career, hes just like jerry stackhouse without the cool freethrow routine. Wont ever shoot above 41% again but still spreads the floor with the best of them and that is why he is still here.

DOJO has the ball skills of wade but shoots like haywood..sorry fella, if west was still here you wouldnt be on the team.

Murph, james, and roddy are scrubs at this point, roddy has worse ankles and steph curry and his shot has suffered from lack of confidence...murph dog is fat!! get in shape brother!!
    I love james's story and heart..his small hand will prevent him from ever being more than a 10-15 minute rebound guy.

vCash
    Everyone but Dojo, Vince Carter and Brand is awesome. Dojo just flat out sucks and VC and Brand need to take less shots or at the very least improve their shot selection.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Just ran into jae crowder and bernard james at the apple store in northpark lol

vCash
    Did you get a picture?
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    They were being helped by one of the reps, so I only got to shake their hand and congratulated them on the win over the cavs lol

vCash
    plz trade dojo/carter and roddy(sorry)

Andrew Graham:

RUN DMC Baby

vCash
    Mayo- I'm most critical of him because he has most pressure. He's handled everything well so far, scoring as needed and providing quickness. Good attitude, not trying to be a leader, but always putting forth effort. Very Durant like mindset. Downfall is that he's too small sometimes so it's hard to trust he can score at will when it matters most.
    Kaman- Dudes my favorite so far. He NEVER misses his midrange shot. Rick might come up with one of the most unique offenses ever when Dirks back. Two 7 footers netting jumpers all day, guard that.
    Vince- Vince is Vince. Been in league long time, goin to make some smart plays, big plays, but always going to have those bad shots. He looks much better this year in all aspects. Noted as one of the best Mavs from Carlisle so far. He's always a question mark each game, but he's old so it's expected.
    Collison- I loved him first game. Dont like him anymore. Cant lie to myself just dont like the guy overall. Could be much worse tho. He does push the ball I just hate his attempt to euro step around everyone and lose the ball.
    Crowder- Straight awesome. Loveable rookie
    Dojo- Doing better
    Brand- I dont mind Brand he just needs to start hitting those shots. he's the type of player that always annoys you playing cuz he'll quietly hit those shots all day. Needs to hit them tho. Chuck less
    Murphy- I think he'll be okay. No way he keeps missing all these 3s.
    Wright- I love Wright. Always have. He must be dumb in practice cuz he never plays. I always thought he was the best role player for the Mavs..

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King41 View Post
    plz trade dojo/carter and roddy(sorry)
    Wouldn't trade our best bench player right away who already saved us a couple times nontheless his bad shots. If we can get something more worhty in return...go ahead mavs front office.

I'm sick that our coach or whoever is responsible can't solve all our well known problems like defense, like rebounding, like taking care of Roddy since years or getting now DC's haead right... let's talk about that AGAIN and AGAIN. Sure he's unfortunate with injuries to Brand and Dirk. There's also no consitency in our team. I won't blame the rookies, they're new but what's with Collison, Brand, Kaman, Wright and others? Marion is looking also bad this year. Won't say washed up but... man. Somethign gotta chnage on that franchise soon. It's overdue.