Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I don't know. He had declining numbers the past three years up to the start of this season. Will he really put up good numbers like this year being 35 and 36?
    We wouldn't be paying him to reproduce last year. If we did get him, I'd expect 2009 or 2010 numbers.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTS 4 LIFE View Post
    You can say that about a lot of players if u look back the last five years. I think he would be a good bat in the six hole until belt is ready to move up. Then ludwick could provide pretty good production out of the 7 hole. Is he a great player? Absolutely not but the one thing this team has shown is that good clubhouse guys find ways to succeed here and ludwick was a very good teammate when he was here in st Louis.
    You can say what? Do you mean you don't know what player will show up that has had declining numbers for three years? I find that hard to believe about a lot of players.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No ****. Stretching the budget a little to upgrade at our weakest position shouldn't be out of the question though.
    No ****.... And no one is saying anything differently. The question is how far does it need to stretch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    We wouldn't be paying him to reproduce last year. If we did get him, I'd expect 2009 or 2010 numbers.
    I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in him. I'd prefer others over him.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    **** Ludwick. I want nothing to do with him. He is a quickly declining player who had one last flash of life from playing in a bandbox (though his home/road splits where actually pretty close).
    Ludwick has plenty of power. Forget the ballpark he played in. He would hit 20+ as a giant if he stayed healthy.

vCash
    No ****.... And no one is saying anything differently. The question is how far does it need to stretch?
    Just for one more player, Nick Swisher. With him in the lineup it will be a very well rounded team with speed and pop and very good pitching. We'd be WS contenders once again.

Ludwick has plenty of power. Forget the ballpark he played in. He would hit 20+ as a giant if he stayed healthy.
    You have more faith in him than I do then. He's only done it twice since his breakout in 2008, which brings us back to what I said, you don't know what Ludwick will show up.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKellion View Post
    The Giants still could use a left fielder. Though signing Scutaro might push the Giants' payroll budget toward its limits, around $140 million, club officials indicated that wouldn't necessarily eliminate chances of adding another player. One candidate could be outfielder Nick Swisher, who was rumored to have San Francisco atop his wish list. Swisher would fit neatly into left field -- probably as a regular, but possibly as a switch-hitting complement to left-handed-batting Gregor Blanco.

Evans didn't address Swisher specifically, but acknowledged that Giants general manager Brian Sabean welcomes performers who sincerely wish to join the organization.

"Brian's always had a bias toward players who want to come here," Evans said. "Players who want to be Giants get long, long looks." * * * http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ews_sf&c_id=sf As quoted from the Scutaro signing on the team page.Still hope for a decent hitting LF.
    OK there is the link 5518

vCash
    Holy hell, Choate got 3 years from the Cardinals:

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/276446885022167040
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Would be great to get swisher but if the giants increased the payroll to 152 to sign him and one of the giants key players suffers a season ending injury, would they have any room to trade for a player at the deadline? Don't know if that is part of the thinking as well or they just don't want to go over 140

vCash
    Would be great to get swisher but if the giants increased the payroll to 152 to sign him and one of the giants key players suffers a season ending injury, would they have any room to trade for a player at the deadline? Don't know if that is part of the thinking as well or they just don't want to go over 140
    I think by signing Swisher it gives us more leeway in case someone goes down. We wouldn't have the need to go after someone like Beltran on the trade market and give up prospects for a top hitter to find a replacement.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I think by signing Swisher it gives us more leeway in case someone goes down. We wouldn't have the need to go after someone like Beltran on the trade market and give up prospects for a top hitter to find a replacement.
    I agree. Injuries had a lot to do with making the move for beltran. Hopefully the giants will stay healthy for the most part next season. I would just hate to sign swisher and have Pablo go down for the year in may and have ownership say the giants are stuck with arias at third because we spent an extra 13 million on swisher. But no one knows when an injury will occur. It's not my money so of course I'm all for signing swisher and getting our title defense started.

vCash
    That would be some backwards *** logic if it was the case.
    I agree with u. Just trying to think outside the box since who knows what our ownership group thinks.

vCash
    I agree with u. Just trying to think outside the box since who knows what our ownership group thinks.
    Well, we all know what the ownership group is thinking, maximize profits. Spend as little as possible to make as much as possible.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    All indications are that Guillermo Mota will not be pursued by #SFGiants to return.
    - Baggs

No Swisher and now this! What's going on over there on 3rd and King!

Giants looking for RH platoon partner for Blanco in LF, but want guy on a one-year deal. Likely rules out somebody like Cody Ross.
    - Pavlovic
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-05-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Only Swisher in SF will be getting rolled up and put in the air ( by Timmy)... Unless he's down to a paycut to 10mil a yr (3y -30) he needs us more than we need him... Even if we don't pick up 1 other guy (which is crazy cuz we always give out a couple minor league deals) .... We can Always make a trade or pick up dudes on the wire in aug ... In sabs (ex of yr) we trust lol

49ers.....:10-3-1 gotta luv the tie(last one ever.Callin it)
    SHARKS... NHL givin us some time
    GIANTS.... 2010 CHAMPS and 2012 WOW!!!
    SDSU AZTECS... Ranked #17 all day
    GS WARRIORS..Watch out lake show**updateClip show
    [x]resign Pagan/Affeldft/Marco
    []sign HAMILTON Awww
    [ ] sign G.Sizemore/T.Harfner BENCH 1y - 1 mil
    [ ] sign Mike Adams 3y - 12mil
    [ ] resign the BEARD/MVPOSEY (make it rain sabs)
    [ ] REPEAT 3 outta 4

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast