Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The only way we get any kind of decent return for Timmy is if he starts off the year well, in which case hopefully we'll be in contention and wouldn't trade him anyways. imo we ride him out through the year, offer him the tender, and take the draft pick from whoever signs him. Hopefully Seattle sucks this year cause i expect that to be where he ends up unless he has a bounce back year and is the top pitcher in free agency next year.
    Last edited by Orange&Black55; 12-05-2012 at 02:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WilsonFan View Post
    Obviously he had his "best" value in recent years. What I'm trying to say is I think if we wait and he continues the struggles his value won't get us as good of a player. Right now he could go either way and I am sure there are plenty of clubs that would take that gamble. Or we don't trade him and he decides to test free agency. Just my opinion.
    If we trade him, we'll get close to nothing in return. No one wants a 22 mil pitcher who just posted a 5 ERA.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    If we trade him, we'll get close to nothing in return. No one wants a 22 mil pitcher who just posted a 5 ERA.
    This.

Sitting On Top of the Pedestal!!!!
    TEAMS: SF GIANTS/GS WARRIORS/NL ARSENAL/SF NINERS/ HI WARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WilsonFan View Post
    Obviously he had his "best" value in recent years. What I'm trying to say is I think if we wait and he continues the struggles his value won't get us as good of a player. Right now he could go either way and I am sure there are plenty of clubs that would take that gamble. Or we don't trade him and he decides to test free agency. Just my opinion.
    If you change the word "best" to "worst" your post would make more sense.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash

2013 Offseason Discussion: Part 2

I ****in love the Rays. Everything they do turns to gold

vCash

2013 Offseason Discussion: Part 2

Anyone else still think Swisher will be a giant other than me? I mean talk about a perfect fit: power, OBP, phenomenal clubhouse guy, and WANTS to play here! Get er done sabey sabester

vCash
    I hope, but unfortunately don't now.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    Anyone else still think Swisher will be a giant other than me? I mean talk about a perfect fit: power, OBP, phenomenal clubhouse guy, and WANTS to play here! Get er done sabey sabester
    I would be stoked if you're right, but I don't think that's the case, unfortunately.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    The Giants still could use a left fielder. Though signing Scutaro might push the Giants' payroll budget toward its limits, around $140 million, club officials indicated that wouldn't necessarily eliminate chances of adding another player. One candidate could be outfielder Nick Swisher, who was rumored to have San Francisco atop his wish list. Swisher would fit neatly into left field -- probably as a regular, but possibly as a switch-hitting complement to left-handed-batting Gregor Blanco.

Evans didn't address Swisher specifically, but acknowledged that Giants general manager Brian Sabean welcomes performers who sincerely wish to join the organization.

"Brian's always had a bias toward players who want to come here," Evans said. "Players who want to be Giants get long, long looks." * * * http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ews_sf&c_id=sf As quoted from the Scutaro signing on the team page.Still hope for a decent hitting LF.
    Last edited by TKellion; 12-05-2012 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    Tkell, can you post the link to that article?
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    nevermind, found it:

The Giants still could use a left fielder. Though signing Scutaro might push the Giants' payroll budget toward its limits, around $140 million, club officials indicated that wouldn't necessarily eliminate chances of adding another player. One candidate could be outfielder Nick Swisher, who was rumored to have San Francisco atop his wish list. Swisher would fit neatly into left field -- probably as a regular, but possibly as a switch-hitting complement to left-handed-batting Gregor Blanco.

Evans didn't address Swisher specifically, but acknowledged that Giants general manager Brian Sabean welcomes performers who sincerely wish to join the organization.

"Brian's always had a bias toward players who want to come here," Evans said. "Players who want to be Giants get long, long looks."

Evans indicated that the Giants could accommodate another free agent after re-signing Scutaro.

"Ownership's been very supportive of responding to the needs that we have and the opportunities that come," Evans said. "That's been a consistent theme."

Listening to Evans speak, president and chief executive officer Larry Baer concurred.

"That's the mantra -- to do what needs to be done to get back [to the World Series]," Baer said.

Swisher, 32, owns a career batting average of .256 and has hit at least 21 home runs in each of his eight full Major League seasons, including the last four with the New York Yankees. He gained familiarity with the Bay Area by playing 2004-07 with Oakland.
    http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ews_sf&c_id=sf

Hope = restored.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Realistically we all know that they aren't committing another 14 mil a year to Swisher this year.

They'll sign a cheap platoon hitter and then once the hole is just too glaring to ignore Sabean will trade away assets for another hitter.

2011 and 2012 style.

vCash

Add Swisher PLZ....

We need the NY persuasion. Swisher, Pagan, and Pence would be a great trio, with Blanco as our 4th guy. The trio would bond, even go out to dinner and clubs. I'm lovin it, Swisher easily adds 23-20 home runs to the line up. Forget about budget, the team has plenty of money. Nick had a lot of RBI's as well.

Pagan
    Scutaro
    Sandoval
    Posey
    Pence
    Swisher
    Belt
    Crawford

Swisher has hit 21 or more homers in each of the last 8 seasons. Thank you.
    Last edited by Over Da Pence; 12-05-2012 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    Yes I agree 100%. This guy completes our team. I have a payroll question. If we are losing Huff (10 mil). Melky (4 mil). Sanchez (4 mil). Wilson (6 mil). Rowand (12 mil). Pagan (5 mil). Scutaro (3 mil). Affeldt (3 mil). Comes off the books from 2012. How does adding Scutaro (6.6 mil). Affeldt (6 mil). And Pagan (7 mil) put us at our limit. In my mind you also have to take into account the contracts of the 3 people that resigned and just look at those as slight raises. They technically came off the books too or else your adding their salaries twice. So really Pagan is 3 more mil a year. Affeldt the same. And Scutaro the same. They spent about 9 million more this season to bring the same team back. But Rowand Huff Sanchez Wilson Melky add up to more then 9 mil.

They have plenty of money in my mind to get get swisher. 3 years 36 million.

vCash
    Clementi,

Swisher would be a nice addition. I agree. It would solidify the outfield and give us good flexibility with Blanco as the fourth. I think the concern though is the arbitration numbers that our relievers like Casilla and Romo are going to pull. Add Posey's raise, Pence's raise and you can see the payroll begin to bloat. There were reports(MLBTradeRumors.com) that Swisher wants to play for the Giants, but I don't know how much of a discount he is willing to give.

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast