Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collison

vCash

Collison

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...s=iref:nbahpts

this is a good article that just popped up on the recent struggles with the Mavs PG. Why did season opener have to be sucha fluke

the Mavs have no other option right now because Beaubious is not really a PG and Dojo is too OC (although been good lately). Is there any way Mayo can play point? like a Mayo, Carter or Da Jones, Marion, Brand, Kaman lineup.

I always thought Collison was a confident dude when I saw glimpses in IND but watching him nightly he's sucha wimp! He throws his arms down like a friggin child after missing layups and what not. It's embarassing to see a professional athlete be so un-manly..I guess that's what happens when u grow up under so much money.

and I absolutely HATE whenever we have a fastbreak whether 2-1 or 3-1 he alwyas dribbles like he's blind RIGHT into the defender and usually loses the ball. why.

vCash
    You're overreacting...

The struggles we are having are way beyond the point guard position. We are being out rebounded every game, and our defense in the paint sucks. Curry had a clear path to the basket all night. Wish we could have found a way to hold on to Eddy Curry. I liked what I saw...

LET'S GO MAVS!!!
    Last edited by MFFL2008; 11-21-2012 at 08:41 AM.

MAVSMAN!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MFFL2008 View Post
    You're overreacting...

The struggles we are having are way beyond the point guard position. We are being out rebounded every game, and our defense in the paint sucks. Curry had a clear path to the basket all night. Wish we could have found a way to hold on to Eddy Curry. I liked what I saw...

LET'S GO MAVS!!!
    The way CLEARLY would have been to split with those players - finally - on our roster, which definitly suck since quiet some years. Are we a (retirement) "home" or are we a basketball team willing to win games? You can stay with us and be a part of our team IF you've earned it, when you deserve it but not when you're hurting or stealing our time. How come (for example) DoJo, Roddy...have earned it so far? I pray for the right trade moves once mid season comes.

vCash
    About Collison...

I'm not hooked by him too right now but I'm hoping much will chnage on his game once Dirk comes back which better is sooner than later but Dirk is confusing me too, with his statements in media.

vCash
    It's easy to point fingers at Collison and blame him, but this isn't all on him. I am a DC fan and have been since his Bruins days. He's struggling right now for sure, but he's capable of bouncing back and playing well again.

Look, he's clearly our best option at PG. Roddy isn't a point by any means and DoJo has actually been decent, but his scoring ability is brutally limited.

As for Collison on the fast break, he needs to just attack the rim rather than try and utilize the Euro-step over and swoop the ball along. That's cause for his losing it and/or giving the defender time to beat him to the spot.

Mayo is easily our best offensive skilled player without Dirk and I would love to have Mayo actually handle the rock more often, even bring it up at times and have DC play off ball. I think good things happen when Mayo has the ball and he's able to create for teammates too.

Patience patience. We all need it, myself included. 6-6 isn't awful. Once we start pulling out these close games things will look better until Dirk returns

vCash
    What ^he said

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    If he's able to preserve his game like yesterday, he's going to be fine. Still plenty of work left but most fans are patient.

vCash
    ya ik I agree with all the posts. I don't understand how Carlisle is so patient tho. He rarely gets mad at players and let's vets joke around and **** when it's time to be serious.

It pays off tho

vCash
    The only time when we could actually judge him is when Dirk comes back, so until then, RC is experimenting/playing with what he has.
    "Its never gonna be the same....."

GIFSoup

DMF's insight in regards to advance stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    Bulls won the series.

vCash
    So when we are talking about experiments...
    why did Dallas sign Fisher? I mean we have Cunningham on the PG position to experiment with. Why not give him more minutes?

BTW: I am back after so many months. It just makes so more fun to write on a computer that does not crash every hour or so

vCash
    Sorry but Rick Carlisie is mentally ill if he starts Derek Fisher over Collison. No need for a mental evaluation, we already know hes mental.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    Sorry but Rick Carlisie is mentally ill if he starts Derek Fisher over Collison. No need for a mental evaluation, we already know hes mental.
    Kind of agree. He is sending a message but yea Collison is much better than Fisher.

I'd like to see Mayo at point guard. As well.

Mayo, Carter, Marion, Brand, Kaman would be a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Kind of agree. He is sending a message but yea Collison is much better than Fisher.

I'd like to see Mayo at point guard. As well.

Mayo, Carter, Marion, Brand, Kaman would be a good idea.
    I've been hoping for that for a while. Only, I'd rather have Wright instead of Brand (really depends which Brand I'm getting). I think Mayo can take point guard duties for stretches.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    I dont see why they dont try it. While I like Vince off the bench and he seems really comfortable with 6th man role now you could always switch Brand to the 6th man role to keep that scoring bit off the bench.

Mayo Carter Marion Wright Kaman.

vCash
    We should use Mayo how the Rockets use Harden. Role Mayo to point when Collison is resting bring Collison back in than rest Mayo and play Carter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast