Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how do you feel about thaddeus young?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • more confident, leave him in the starting lineup

5 55.56%
  • more confident, but i want him on the bench

2 22.22%
  • less confident, but he should still start

3 33.33%
  • less confident, put him back on the bench

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraFt.ET12 View Post
    He is averaging 5.5 defensive rebounds in 35 minutes. I am sorry but that is pathetic for a starting PF.
    He is playing fine. He is no stud rebounder, 7 boards a game is fine.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

vCash
    I agree that Thad should get traded...I just dont see any realistic buyers currently. The concept of getting a quality 1st rd pick or expiring entices me for a couple reasons:

1) I stand by my previous statements that I have faith in Evan Turner and his game...his game is well rounded and can fill up a stat sheet. I'm not asking the guy to be our superstar, but for what its worth 11-7-4 is solid for how Doug handles his situation. It's not like Jrue where if he makes a mistake he stays in, or has consistent 38-40 minute games. Give Evan consistent time like Jrue, I think we see a stat line of 15/8/5 and a solid wing defender...I think thats reasonable and valuable. All in all, this leads to me saying: I like Jrue and Evan as part of our future.

2) With Nick Young, D. Wright, Wilkins, Ivy, and even Bynum as 2013 free agents, this frees up a ton of cap. If you resign Bynum, and trade Thad, you could bring in a stud player to team up with them.

3) Josh Smith and Al Jefferson are 2 of the names I look at for next year. If there was a situation where we could make a deal to bring one of them to Philly that could be a real solid bargain. Rebounding is crucial in this league. These 2 are some of the best in the NBA at it. Link them with Jrue, Evan, and a solid 3 that can hit the deep ball...thats a pretty complete team.

4) Worst case scenario: You trade Thad, Bynum wants to leave, and we cant land a prized free agent. We took the gamble on Bynum and I love it. Aggressive new owners. Hasn't panned out, but if we stay afloat in the playoff hunt and get Bynum back healthy towards the end of the season, it changes everyones gameplan against us and we could suddenly become a MAJOR threat because who is to say that the chemistry wouldnt click right away and we could make a run. As for next season--> Jrue, Turner, Lavoy..build with some of those guys, try and snag a good draft pick...let's say you trade for a 1st rd pick with thad...use both to trade up, get in the mix for a guy like Steven Adams to take on your center of the future role, or pending how this class turns out you might be able to do what the Celtics/Rockets did and get some solid potential in those middle of the round picks.

Bottom line. No team gets anywhere without gambling. If Thad sees a hot streak, sell him, free up cap.

Trust that Jrue, Turner, and co. can keep you in the playoff mix until Bynum comes back and then look to use that cap, draft pick u acquired, to form a squad revolved around Jrue, Turner, Bynum.

vCash
    keep Josh Smith and his sorry excuse for a jump shot far far away from here.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

vCash
    I'm not sharing the opinion that surrounding Jefferson with 3 pointers is a recipe for success. Against the elite teams he won't draw too many doubles. And he is more of a black hole than a passer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12