2 66.67%
  • lose

0 0%
  • tie

1 33.33%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i didnt hear a whistle.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I thought he was inactive...at least I thought I saw something on twitter about that this morning.
    oh i didnt hear anything, i hope he plays but all well.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    i didnt hear a whistle.
    Yea it has been a part of football to give them a few seconds after standing him up to rip the ball out....it is almost turning into a dead play as soon as the first defender gets a hand on the ball carrier....

I'm waiting to see a forward progress call that stops a huge run where they blow it dead as he is breaking the tackle.

vCash
    Yea it has been a part of football to give them a few seconds after standing him up to rip the ball out....it is almost turning into a dead play as soon as the first defender gets a hand on the ball carrier....

I'm waiting to see a forward progress call that stops a huge run where they blow it dead as he is breaking the tackle.
    Well if the whistle doesnt blow but they call forward progress anyway it will never happen. They cant just call the play, they have to let the players know the play is over.

vCash
    Well if the whistle doesnt blow but they call forward progress anyway it will never happen. They cant just call the play, they have to let the players know the play is over.
    Yea they really need to do something with the replay and the whistle to hold refs accountable for their performance...you don't blow the whistle then the fumble should be live. If the offensive player breaks a tackle after his forward progress has been stopped and the whistle hasn't blown they won't go back and say he was stopped so why should the D be punished for a ref not blowing it?

I don't think they have to blow the whistle to claim that he was stopped after the play is over...which you can do nothing about since that is one of those final word calls.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-25-2012 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    Yea they really need to do something with the replay and the whistle to hold refs accountable for their performance...you don't blow the whistle then the fumble should be live.

I don't think they have to blow the whistle to claim that he was stopped after the play is over...which you can do nothing about since that is one of those final word calls.
    I cant tell you how much i disagree with that. The players need to know when the play is over. How can they call a late hit, for instance, if the play is live. It might be a late hit if the play is whistled dead, but since they never called it on the field it confounds the situation.

anyway, bad series there.

vCash
    I cant tell you how much i disagree with that. The players need to know when the play is over. How can they call a late hit, for instance, if the play is live. It might be a late hit if the play is whistled dead, but since they never called it on the field it confounds the situation.

anyway, bad series there.
    No you are taking what I say wrong. I agree with you and I'm just saying that the refs need to be consistent and held accountable. It should be even for both sides...on that play if Johnson had broken the tackle and the whistle wasn't blown then it goes on and he gets extra yards after being stopped, but since he fumbled the ball then his progress was ruled to be stopped. The refs should decide during the play when he is stopped and not afterwards...judgement calls like this usually punish the D.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-25-2012 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    No you are taking what I say wrong. I agree with you and I'm just saying that the refs need to be consistent and held accountable. It should be even for both sides...on that play if Johnson had broken the tackle and the whistle wasn't blown then it goes on and he gets extra yards after being stopped, but since he fumbled the ball then his progress was stopped. The refs should decide during the play when he is stopped and not afterwards.
    im not disagreeing with you.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he was on his *** when he fumbled the ball..replay anyone?

vCash
    Do we have the most fines on hits against us in the league? Looked like helmet to helmet to TY there ...I'd like to see it in slo-mo because my DVR won't let me rewind for some reason, but on first look it looked like he got hit, hit the ground, then fumbled.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he was on his *** when he fumbled the ball..replay anyone?
    yeah, he looked down and that was an illegal helmet to helmet hit.

vCash
    Do we have the most fines on hits against us in the league? Looked like helmet to helmet to TY there ...I'd like to see it in slo-mo because my DVR won't let me rewind for some reason, but on first look it looked like he got hit, hit the ground, then fumbled.
    yes to everything you said. It was definitely helmet to helmet.

vCash
    Hilton is done today. Concussion for sure.

vCash
    damn, our offense has been way off today.

vCash
    our offensive line has been weak today.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast