Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1088
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    I'm starting to be more interested in Hamilton just because I had no idea the league would be so down on him. I still feel like it would take a lot to woo him to Chicago with the big city temptations and all the day games, but it doesn't seem insurmountable anymore.
    Im not very high on Hamilton, we wont be competitive for like 3 years, and by then, he will be on his downfall of his prime.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    I swear I am going to start murdering a puppy every time someone says we won't be competitive for "X" years where "X" is not next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    Im not very high on Hamilton, we wont be competitive for like 3 years, and by then, he will be on his downfall of his prime.
    Power is one of the last things to go. If he's seriously going to get a short, high AAV deal, I'm all over that.

vCash
    Luckily the whole big city temptations and day games things are highly overrated.

Came out this year and OPS'd over 1.000 during the day. Not to mention that while his day time OPS in 2011 sucked balls, his 2010 day OPS was a perfectly fine .819. During his injury 2009 he actually had a higher OPS during the day (.764) than at night (.732).

As far as the drugs and big city thing, I'm not sure that's how it works. Drugs are everywhere and especially common in borefest towns like Arlington. He's got a wife. He's got daughters. He's got a career. He's not a 20 year old kid ******** his pants about the Mickey Mantle comparisons anymore.

I swear I am going to start murdering a puppy every time someone says we won't be competitive for "X" years where "X" is not next season.
    Murder two each time. I don't have the heart to, but that's what the guy who ended up being the crazy one might have said in Hostel 2.

vCash
    Didn't Hamilton himself come out and say he didn't like playing day games?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    And I'll murder one every time you and Gato make condescending posts. No puppies left...

vCash
    "Guys with blue eyes have a tough time," Hamilton told the station "It's just hard for me to see (at the plate) in the daytime. ... It's just what it is. Try to go up (to the plate) squinting and see a white ball while the sun is shining right off the plate, you know and beaming right up in your face."
    Doesn't sound like he cares so much as he was feeding a story with a quote.

He bought red contacts to try to overcome the issue.

And I'll murder one every time you and Gato make condescending posts. No puppies left...
    You're a grouch Oscar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Luckily the whole big city temptations and day games things are highly overrated.

Came out this year and OPS'd over 1.000 during the day. Not to mention that while his day time OPS in 2011 sucked balls, his 2010 day OPS was a perfectly fine .819. During his injury 2009 he actually had a higher OPS during the day (.764) than at night (.732).

As far as the drugs and big city thing, I'm not sure that's how it works. Drugs are everywhere and especially common in borefest towns like Arlington. He's got a wife. He's got daughters. He's got a career. He's not a 20 year old kid ******** his pants about the Mickey Mantle comparisons anymore.
    That's well and good from the team's perspective, but free agency means he has to WANT to play where he signs, and a guy who has both admitted he doesn't like day games and voiced a preference for living in a smaller, quieter city is going to take some extra convincing to come play for the Chicago Cubs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Mutually assured puppy destruction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    That's well and good from the team's perspective, but free agency means he has to WANT to play where he signs, and a guy who has both admitted he doesn't like day games and voiced a preference for living in a smaller, quieter city is going to take some extra convincing to come play for the Chicago Cubs.
    Never said, at least not in what I'm finding.

I need two prospect creep equivalent phrases...One for the "action" the FO has taken by saying a few nice things and another for words be put into the mouth of someone who kinda sorta might have said something in that direction if you choose to interpret it that way. Never saw the preference for living in a smaller quieter city too.

Obviously I'm willing to see quotes that support either of these claims.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Mutually assured puppy destruction.
    Bob Barker would be proud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Never said, at least not in what I'm finding.

I need two prospect creep equivalent phrases...One for the "action" the FO has taken by saying a few nice things and another for words be put into the mouth of someone who kinda sorta might have said something in that direction if you choose to interpret it that way. Never saw the preference for living in a smaller quieter city too.

Obviously I'm willing to see quotes that support either of these claims.
    "I've never worn contact lenses in my life and I really would like to see the ball in the daytime, so therefore I'm trying any means possible to do that," Hamilton said. "I actually care and I want to be better and I don't want to suck in the day."

This doesn't sound like a guy who would be thrilled to play MORE day games where he has to go to any length possible to avoid sucking.

I don't remember exactly where I read about him preferring small town living for his family. I think was in a fluff piece awhile back about why he fits so well in Texas. Might not have been anything but fluff.

vCash
    the giants non-tendered wilson?

vCash
    This doesn't sound like a guy who would be thrilled to play MORE day games where he has to go to any length possible to avoid sucking.
    Nor does it sound like a guy who said what you say he said. I'm not looking for a quote as you interpret it, I want a quote with him saying what you say he said - that he doesn't like playing during the day.

Also, the lenses worked and most players will have some degree of trouble detecting the white ball in the bright of day.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-01-2012 at 12:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    the giants non-tendered wilson?
    Yes, and I would take the flier.