Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not saying he's going to have a 1.000 OPS in the day or that that the daytime splits don't matter, but I don't think you can discount what he did in day games this year either. .790 OPS isn't replacement level. It's not worth $25 million, but it's not replacement level either. Since there is probably a physical reason for it if push came to shove I'm not sure how I'd feel if the Cubs signed him, but I don't think you can throw out 2012 either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Greinke + Upton is still preferred. I still consider Upton the best buy amongst the CFers for the Cubs, and the second best buy after Greinke overall.
    You realize Ruben Amaro has a blank check in his office made out to Upton? I don't see how he could be considered a best buy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I'm not saying he's going to have a 1.000 OPS in the day or that that the daytime splits don't matter, but I don't think you can discount what he did in day games this year either. .790 OPS isn't replacement level. It's not worth $25 million, but it's not replacement level either. Since there is probably a physical reason for it if push came to shove I'm not sure how I'd feel if the Cubs signed him, but I don't think you can throw out 2012 either.
    Fine...if 1 season counts...then his defense was also much worse, and his K% was increased.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I was thinking Hamilton got new contact lenses that helped him perform better in day games. I'd be all over him for 5 years or less. Wrigley is also one of the few places he wouldn't kill a team in CF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    You realize Ruben Amaro has a blank check in his office made out to Upton? I don't see how he could be considered a best buy.
    On the same page as:

Nobody knows anything about where Greinke is going to sign right now. There are early favorites based on hearsay only.

vCash
    While i would love to land grienke, is anyone actually expecting the cubs to make a push to sign guys like him, hamilton, upton, victorino, etc? i just dont see it happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    I was thinking Hamilton got new contact lenses that helped him perform better in day games. I'd be all over him for 5 years or less. Wrigley is also one of the few places he wouldn't kill a team in CF.
    Yeah, I'm thinking there are ways around his daylight issues today. I'm sure it's hard for many players to pick the white ball up in sunlight.

vCash
    I'd imagine they'd inquire on Greinke, Upton, and Victorino
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubRhetoric View Post
    While i would love to land grienke, is anyone actually expecting the cubs to make a push to sign guys like him, hamilton, upton, victorino, etc? i just dont see it happening.
    *raises hand*

*ducks tomatoes*

They're not going to not pursue players who only cost money (and a not #2 overall pick) and upgrade the ML roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    On the same page as:
    Yes, you can say its hard to say where Greinke will land in the same breath as "You'll have to outbid the Phillies for Upton" because we have rumors that at least 3 teams are in on Greinke and we also have rumors that Upton is the Phillies' top target. What's so contradictory about that?

If Hamilton could be signed for a 3 year deal, it would not surprise me to see the Cubs sign him at all since either he helps them win games or, if they're not close to competing, the trade value for him could be high.
    Last edited by terencem; 11-23-2012 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    Really we're worried about day hitting after he responded last year with a 1.000+ OPS in day games???

Any hitter pitcher is going to have something to knock on.

vCash
    if hamilton isnt commanding 5+years, grienke i dont see happening(Dodgers willingness to overpay), upton i could see if we can move sori soon enough. victorino is meh to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubRhetoric View Post
    I expect us to be active in every one of them and if they feel necessary they can pull out the stops to get one of them.

Won't get my hopes up in the least but, would not be shocked at them acquiring one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    Yes, you can say its hard to say where Greinke will land in the same breath as "Youll have tk outbid the Phillies for Upton" because we have rumors that at least 3 teams are in on Greinke and we also have rumors that Upton is the Phillies' top target. What's so contradictory about that?
    So one is hearsay and the other is not? Got it. The Phillies will be the only suitors of Upton? Got it. Of course the good teams will be in on the good FAs at positions of need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I'd imagine they'd inquire on Greinke, Upton, and Victorino
    Ya i would def expect that they would inquire, if for no other reason than to see if they could be available at great value (which is very unlikely for any IMO). I just see a mcarthy signing as the absolute highest annual contract given out this offseason, with liriano being more likely.

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast