Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    vCash
    im not getting excited about anything... the more time that passes the more i just bet we keep signing turds to polish and trade away at the deadline........ getting sick of this crap... yes i am not a patient person

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    With the Wright extension, I'm hoping the Cubs look into the availability of Wilmer Flores. Guy could be ready on opening day. I brought him up a couple months ago as a potential trade target for the Cubs.
    There is a near 0 chance he's ready on Opening Day.

OTOH, that's what a SS who's going to be a 3B looks like.

im not getting excited about anything... the more time that passes the more i just bet we keep signing turds to polish and trade away at the deadline........ getting sick of this crap... yes i am not a patient person
    Sign and trade all the one year contracts.

vCash
    It's been way to quiet...way to quiet. Expect something to go down either some releases or maybe deals. I like when it's quiet and then someone is a new CUB.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Well today is Tender/Non-tender day...w/e that's called.

vCash
    im fine with one contracts and signing all the scrubs BUT that can't be the only signing we do.... we need to lock up a couple guys for the future this offseason IMO.... who? idk a few pitchers could be nice on 3 or 4 year deals...a trade for a 3B would be amazing... blah blah blah...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    im fine with one contracts and signing all the scrubs BUT that can't be the only signing we do.... we need to lock up a couple guys for the future this offseason IMO.... who? idk a few pitchers could be nice on 3 or 4 year deals...a trade for a 3B would be amazing... blah blah blah...
    The Cubs could be dark horses on Bourn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    Here's hoping that's as far as it goes.

vCash
    Holy Cow. Didn't see that coming. Seems like he fits the OBP, base-running, and defensive abilities that this FO desires, but I just think he's going to be too expensive for what he'll provide.

vCash
    Thanks for the info. Do you think they will be players condtionally, ie if he is available at what they consider to be good value, or do you think they will make a pretty strong push?

vCash
    Cubs/Yankees spoke (again) yesterday...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Want want want want want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Holy Cow. Didn't see that coming. Seems like he fits the OBP, base-running, and defensive abilities that this FO desires, but I just think he's going to be too expensive for what he'll provide.
    Don't forget LH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Cubs/Yankees spoke (again) yesterday...
    Any idea what they keep discussing? Is that Granderson speculation just a pipe dream or could it actually have some legs?
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Is there a list of which FA's former teams will receive compensation when they are signed? I am still a bit hazy on the new compensation process, I believe our 1st round pick is protected (top 10?) if we sign certain FA's, and I'm wondering where Bourn would be on that list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Want want want want want
    Agreed so do I, but it would contrary to everything else that has been done recently. I will be cautiously optimistic on this one since I don't believe they want to spend any money right now.

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast