Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    haha don't mind kyle ..... he thinks Stanton > Pujols
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't think that.

vCash
    I mean, if you know what you're looking for, you can look at ERA, K/BB ratio, BABIP, and HR/FB ratio and figure out who probably has the better FIP. If you know where they're pitching, you can probably project xFIP, too. I just think that also shows that FIP and xFIP do a good job of showing what they were intended to show without looking at 5 other stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hrubes20 View Post
    I missed this a few pages back, but I love this offseason mock. Only change you could conceivably make would be the addition of Fujikawa, which would allow Vizcaino to be stretched out in the minors in preparation for a possible big league rotation spot in 2014 (or even 2nd half of 2013). Love the Garza to Red Sox trade, although I'm not sure we could get that package for only one season of him.
    The Red Sox make that deal if Barnes was switched to Webster, IMO. Otherwise, great mock...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    this coming from the guy who used a forum post, mens health article, and espn article as a source...... hahahahhaha
    If you are going to resort to "Haha, this is something Kyle said so he's not credible," please at least make sure that you are using things I actually said. That one wasn't me.

I'll give you a selection to choose from instead. "This coming from a guy who..."

A) Argued that Dave Sappelt would be equal in value as a starting LFer to Alfonso Soriano last year

B) Insisted Jeff Samardzija would be better left in the bullpen

C) Wanted Travis Wood in the rotation even if it meant dumping Ryan Dempster for nothing in a trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    If you are going to resort to "Haha, this is something Kyle said so he's not credible," please at least make sure that you are using things I actually said. That one wasn't me.

I'll give you a selection to choose from instead. "This coming from a guy who..."

A) Argued that Dave Sappelt would be equal in value as a starting LFer to Alfonso Soriano last year

C) Wanted Travis Wood in the rotation even if it meant dumping Ryan Dempster for nothing in a trade
    What do I win?????
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    In what universe is Gordon a "good" defensive 3B? He's been good for -9 Rdrs over his 330 games there...mmm a really sexy .949 fielding percentage maybe? He's clearly below league average defensively at 3B. Just because he won a GG in the OF does not make him a good defensive 3B
    What the hell does winning a gold glove in the of have to do with anything. I am not some kind of idiot that would make a stupid *** asertion like that.

He came up as a 3rd basemen and if you recall Aramis sucked at 3b for the pirates. Good = Average I did not say excellent or subperb I said Good. And the numbers you put out there are on par with what we have in house and his offense makes up for his avg defense.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    The Red Sox make that deal if Barnes was switched to Webster, IMO. Otherwise, great mock...
    Of course they do. I would hope the Cubs wouldn't. I am admittedly lower on Webster than most, however.

vCash
    Hey Bud...anything on the CUBS discussing a deal for Granderson or is it BS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post

Kudos for admitting when you're wrong. Doesn't seem to happen very often here.

vCash
    Jim Bowden:

Market for Mike Adams is heating up...97 holds over the last 3 seasons is the best in MLB and ERA of 2.06 over that period is 2nd best

Rangers, Red Sox, White Sox, Angels are all "playing" on Mike Adams
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 11-29-2012 at 02:51 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    I don't think I would do that Red Sox deal if it's Webster. I like Webster though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I don't think I would do that Red Sox deal if it's Webster. I like Webster though.
    If they'd do Garin Cecchini and Henry Owens I'd be pretty happy with the deal. Webster, Workman and Ranaudo doesn't do much for me even with Ranaudo's upside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    If they'd do Garin Cecchini and Henry Owens I'd be pretty happy with the deal. Webster, Workman and Ranaudo doesn't do much for me even with Ranaudo's upside.
    I'd take that. Big Cecchini fan. Henry Owens is a nice piece too.

vCash
    Off of work sick today; begging for an interesting tidbit for us to discuss for hours ray:
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    There has gotta be something coming.

Garza, Barney and Marmol for Porcello, Castellanos, Crosby and Kenny Faulk

Vitters, Szczur and Struck for Yunel Escobar and Chad James

Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast