Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That trade doesn't seem very realistic for Kipnis, but Asdrubal Cabrera could be easily attainable and could benefit from playing 2B and hitting at Wrigley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    While I'm not huge on Jimenez, on further viewing I don't mind trying to patch him up and bring his value back up. He doesn't throw high 90's anymore, but he is comfortably in the low-mid 90's and that loss of velocity could just be aging (fastball velocity peaks at about 22...23? 24 maybe) naturally. He's got good secondary stuff.
    The more I think about the front office digging on Jimenez, the more I'm able to see some potential mad genius in attempting to acquire a pitcher at his price -- and with an option remaining -- if he has a reasonable bounce back season. Doesn't hurt having someone else around providing close to the same value as Samardzija.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Either one is fine with me. I like the Indians a whole lot as a trade partner. Hoyer was sweet talking their FO the other week calling them the most fit FO in the league on MLBN.

The more I think about the front office digging on Jimenez, the more I'm able to see some potential mad genius in attempting to acquire a pitcher at his price and with an option remaining if he has a reasonable bounce back season. Doesn't hurt having someone else around providing close to the same value as Samardzija.
    Yeah, that option is a pretty big deal if they can turn him around. He's moved up for me, and I need to send Ron!n a new offseason with Upton breaking my heart. A nice, solid buy low guy with one of those power arms the Cubs want and need.

vCash
    I'd blow my load if we got Kipnis. He's the type of player Theo and Jed need to get more of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I'd blow my load if we got Kipnis. He's the type of player Theo and Jed need to get more of.
    He's also from Northbrook, went to HS with the dude.

vCash
    I want Yunel Escobar, he's the type of ******* this franchise needs. Also like CPorter's mock, the main problem with it though is including Matt Barnes in that Garza trade. Boston wouldn't touch that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Yes on moving Barney. I do like Darwin but if the Cubs can get something useful for him, so long DB.

NO on Yunel Escobar. There was a reason why the Braves traded him for Alex FREAKIN' Gonzalez. Yunel wasn't exactly liked during his time with the Braves and Bobby Cox, sure as hell did not like him. I don't want him, he is not worth the headache.
    Not only was he a dick, but he didn't give full effort on every play either, which is where Cox had his issue with him.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Not only was he a dick, but he didn't give full effort on every play either, which is where Cox had his issue with him.
    I hope the FO stays away from Escobar.
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    You guys have brought up my two favorite non-Cubs players: Jason Kipnis and Kyle Seager.

vCash
    Yeah while Escobar has some skill, I dont want anything to do with him. The Cubs should be setting a bar for guys who can be Cubs and while character shouldn't be #1 it should certainly be on the list of desired attributes. If Cubs fans boo someone like Alfonso Soriano for not running an out out, I don't expect Escobar to go over well or handle the situation well if failure does come.

Asdrubal Cabrera is a similar and also possibly available player who does not come with the character issues. He's way more appealing for either 2B or 3B, and IIRC he's also more consistent.

vCash
    I'd also pass on Escobar; never heard anything positive about him personally. Also, Ted Lilly might come back and finish him off.

EDIT: What do most people assume we'd give up for him though.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    He's not a long reliever/spot starter. He's a starter and he is almost very likely to outperform his contract.

Oh, and he's definitely better than Lannan.
    Uh no he's not. Consistently better ERA, Higher WAR, 2 years younger almost, more durable, has actually broken 200 innings, more strikeouts (but not much), and lefty.

All the statistics and advanced stuff favor my side on this one. It is close, but Lannan has a little higher ceiling/flip value if he gets it back together, vs. Feldman who's on a one year and unless he does great, will not bring even close to a Malholm return back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Gato is going to have a meltdown.
    Yeah but that's part of the fun of coming here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Heard the Cubs are in on Yunel Escobar- pretty far along...
    Only way I see this happening is if we get someone else as well. Escobar is not the prize. Miami wants a Power bat, maybe, just maybe:

Soriano, Barney, Bjax or Vitters and cash to Miami for Escobar, Morrison, and Nolasco. That would be ****ing sweet.

vCash
    Nolasco is even more incredibly boring than the two boring RHs already signed.

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast