Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wait a minute, Jack and Gaughan aren't Bears fans? I know 1908's an Eagles fan but I swear I've seen you both in the Bears forum from time to time.

Then again, I jump from forum to forum every five seconds so I may have just been hallucinating.

vCash

I wish I wasn't a ****in' Eagles fan....
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Cutler is a d-bag too, so i guess it could be either one of them

A - Cutler is a boss.

B - It's clearly Marshall who has had episodes of acting insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    Wait a minute, Jack and Gaughan aren't Bears fans? I know 1908's an Eagles fan but I swear I've seen you both in the Bears forum from time to time.

Then again, I jump from forum to forum every five seconds so I may have just been hallucinating.
    Oh, no I am. I just recognize that Marshall is a head case and Cutler is a dbag
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post

Probably seen me in the Blackhawks forum. Most people assume I'm a Bears fan because they see me out in my Hawks and Cubs gear, but the Buffalo Bills came into my life first. The Buffalo Bills. *sigh*

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Oh, no I am. I just recognize that Marshall is a head case and Cutler is a dbag
    Ah ok. Yeah the "Cutler dbag" post caught me off-guard for a moment there after watching the war over him in the main forum.

vCash
    Bears fan here

vCash
    This is a Cubs forum.
    **** Football, talk baseball.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Probably seen me in the Blackhawks forum. Most people assume I'm a Bears fan because they see me out in my Hawks and Cubs gear, but the Buffalo Bills came into my life first. The Buffalo Bills. *sigh*
    OT but I hope you have seen "Buffalo '66"

vCash
    Jordan was a dbag too, but he was also the man (to a much greater degeree than cutler)
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Jordan was a dbag too, but he was also the man (to a much greater degeree than cutler)
    Yup. It sometimes amazes me how much some Chicago fans care about "character" even though some of the greatest sports teams in Chicago history had plenty of dbags/headcases (McMahon, Rodman, etc.). Hell, even Pippen had that horrible moment in 1994 when Phil gave Kukoc the game-winning shot and told him just to inbound it.
    Last edited by TyrionLannister; 11-28-2012 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobTheAutomator View Post
    OT but I hope you have seen "Buffalo '66"
    I have. If Mickey Rourke is in it, I've seen it. haha

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Almost all of CPorter's mock is awesome and would instantly get my vote in the mock offseason thing. I'd probably take Vitters or Szczur out of that Stanton deal and make it a 10 player trade, but it's about what I'd do. And I don't consider myself especially gung ho on doing whatever it takes to get Stanton. I'd also just skip the Swisher thing and save my money there.

This Escobar stuff pleases me. I think it was the last FA thread before the Miami trade that I suggested bringing him over at 3B. Would probably be an above average glove and the offensive upside is obviously there. Perfect buy low type.

Love the idea of flipping Barney too. I like him as a player and I love the leadership/intangible stuff that he seems to bring, but I agree with the sentiment that his value is pretty much at an all time high. I think he will make some improvements with the bat, but it will be awfully tough to repeat what he did defensively, especially with the point that 1908 brought up about those shifts inflating his UZR....it stands to reason that with the Cubs' defensive strategy, you'll probably benefit with more of a bat at 2B rather than a glove first guy like Darwin. I've long been in favor of the Porcello-Barney idea.

vCash
    On the whole trading Barney thing - therefore opening up a hole at 2B - I wonder how the Indians would feel about moving Jason Kipnis.

Their pitchers are groundball pitchers except for Jimenez, who happens to be the one ABTY linked the Cubs to...so thinking something like:

Jimenez and Kipnis for Barney, Matt Szczur, Junior Lake, Ronald Torreyes, and Trey McNutt.

While I'm not huge on Jimenez, on further viewing I don't mind trying to patch him up and bring his value back up. He doesn't throw high 90's anymore, but he is comfortably in the low-mid 90's and that loss of velocity could just be aging (fastball velocity peaks at about 22...23? 24 maybe) naturally. He's got good secondary stuff.

Cleveland gets a cheap SS who brings a glove then some fodder to play with and make something of. I'm sure the deal can be improved upon, but Jimenez could be argued as a strong buy low candidate and Kipnis would be a nice offensive get for a team that obviously needs it. More premium talent than both Chisenhall and Brantley, two other discussed Cleveland young'ns...

vCash
    Yes on moving Barney. I do like Darwin but if the Cubs can get something useful for him, so long DB.

NO on Yunel Escobar. There was a reason why the Braves traded him for Alex FREAKIN' Gonzalez. Yunel wasn't exactly liked during his time with the Braves and Bobby Cox, sure as hell did not like him. I don't want him, he is not worth the headache.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast