Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    -Mike DiGiovanna, Angels beat writer
    I likes because they have just added to the bullpen and are said to be running low on cash and they are considered to be out on Greinke.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by socherball View Post
    Hey we've been upgraded from "Won't Contend" to "Probably Won't Contend".
    Baby steps. Getting closer to The Magic.

vCash
    Not hating on losing out on Upton. Don't know whay but I am glad to stay away from Upton, not that we had a chance at him at the stage.
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    So the Upton deal isn't official yet. Considering how trigger happy sports writers are some they can call FIRST, I'll wait.
    I'm thinking you can go ahead and count on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eriod View Post
    75.25 mill over 5 years.

However Marmol did tweet that he had been traded to the Angels but this types of **** only happens to the CUBS!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eriod View Post
    Ah well then booooooo.

Here's hoping the Cubs come out of left field for Greinke then. It's low pressure here for a big market - no obligation to win or anything. Just smile and be a Lovable Loser until the magic happens.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-28-2012 at 06:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Ah well then booooooo.

Here's hoping the Cubs come out of left field for Greinke then. It's low pressure here for a big market - no obligation to win or anything. Just smile and be a Lovable Loser until the magic happens.
    i doubt it last i heard dodgers are floating sabathia numbers

8. 11-28-2012, 06:48 PM
    Reason
    troll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA_U_MAAD View Post
    good, gooooood. Let the butt hurt flow throooooough you!!!
    Well this isn't a dupe or anything....
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA_U_MAAD View Post
    good, gooooood. Let the butt hurt flow throooooough you!!!
    This guy will definitely be a respected, quality poster on this site for years to come.

On the Upton subject, first of all I can't believe he's signing this early (and before winter meetings no less). Missing out on him sucks, but I'll wait to see how the remainder of the offseason goes before I flip out. Gato don't kill yourself.

vCash
    Elvis account #12?

12. 11-28-2012, 06:55 PM
    Reason
    troll

13. 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
    Reason
    troll

vCash
    Fujikawa sounds like he could be a good pickup. Could always use a bullpen arm and make the pitching staff deeper and more talented.

vCash
    Croce the troll killer.

vCash
    Trade: Anthony Rizzo, Javier Baez, Marco Hernandez, Dillon Maples, Tony Zych, Matt Szczur, Josh Vitters and Darwin Barney to the Miami Marlins for Giancarlo Stanton, Logan Morrison and Yunel Escobar

8 for 3 deals are rare to be certain, however this is one that both organization would be hard pressed not to seriously consider (Not to mention the Marlins were just apart of a 12 player mega deal…they do exsist). Obviously, Stanton is the prize here however Escobar is a very solid return piece as well. 'Unloading' Morrison is apparently a must for this band of misfits (Loria/Sampson) and would just so happen to be almost a must in return for Rizzo being in the deal (Morrison is a 1B, no one can convince me otherwise)

The payment is steep. Rizzo, Baez and Barney are all high (trade) value guys with Hernandez, Maples, Szczur and to some extent Zych all being 'high ceiling' prospects with varying degrees of 'risk' (although as prospects, aren't they all risky?) Marlins completely overhaul their farm/MLB roster(s) and likely win another WS title prior to us (they seem to do it after every blow up) Easy to project how this deal is a win of the Marlins- upgrading significantly at 1B and 2B immediately while also netting a south Florida legend and uber prospect in Baez.

All that said, IMHO the Cubs actually get away with losing very little that isn't replaceable within the next few offseasons prospect wise. Baez is the 'special' piece while the rest can be found with good scouting and player development and trades such as:

Trade Matt Garza to the Boston Red Sox for Matt Barnes, Anthony Ranaudo, Brandon Workman and Ryan Sweeney
    This trade is based off of Garza having clean medicals. His track record of success in the AL East and the familiarity that the Red Sox have with him because of it would play a huge factor into them pulling the trigger prior to him taking the bump after the ‘injury’. Is it a fantastic return? Nah, but realistically it’s tough to imagine the Cubs getting one with all the variables involved (injury, contract year/impending free agency, etc.) Barnes becomes the best rotational arm in the system above A ball while Workman is an easily projectable Joe Blanton type 4/5 (which has solid value) Ranaudo is the ultimate lotto card and the type of extremely high ceiling guy that the Cubs brass would like to get back in a Garza deal. Ranaudo has soured enough in Bostons eyes that they likely would add him to such a deal even with his TORP high end appeal (although he could just as easily become Mark Pawelek as well) Sweeney give the team a solid 4/5 OF that can play all three postions. Boston meanwhile, can slot Garza into the 2nd spot in the rotation or get crazy and deal Lester for a big bat and slide Garza into the top spot (which he plays as barely league average as, much better 2nd option IMHO)

Trade Alfonso Soriano, Junior Lake and cash to the New York Yankees for Joba Chamberlain, Zachary Nuding, Nik Turley and Austin Romane
    I realize it’s kinda generic to say ‘Soriano to Yanks in a deal involving Joba’ but it is was it is. A baseball trade that serves both organizations needs. Lake is a prospect I’m not crazy about personally, however the Yankees lack any depth behind Cano, Jeter and ARod and Lake is close enough to possibily start to take the burden away from the trio a bit. Soriano’s resurgence as an acceptable starting LF fills a gap for the Yanks as Gardner is still feeling the effects of his injury. For the Cubs, pitching, pitching and more pitching is the need and what they get here. Joba could potentially handle a rotation spot, but likely he slides into the back end of the bullpen.

Trade Carlos Marmol and Logan Watkins to the Angels for Alberto Callaspo
    Callaspo is a 3B for the Angels but I believe he’ll profile much better as a 2B. He’s a solid, no holes type 2B that this organization has become accustomed to having (Morandini, Young, Walker, Barney etc.) Marmol is an obvious interest to the Angels while Watkins is the type of versatile MI type the Angels love.
    Sign Ryan Theriot to a 1 year vet minimum deal
    Not a huge fan of ‘The Riot’ however, vet mini signing happen, often, and this one would fit what ‘my’ Cubs team needs- backup MI help

Sign Nick Swisher to a 3 year 50M deal with a mutual option at 14M for year 4
    It’s an overpay, but the hike up in AYV is to negate a fourth year being automatically included. Swisher plays a solid corner OF and offers an above average bat and in the scenario he also offers an above average solution at 1B if LoMo faulters.

Sign Zack Greinke to a 6 year 146M deal
    Want a TORP? Gunna cost ya 21-25M per. No way around it. Luckily for us, money is one asset this organization has in bundles. Greinke is the only legitimate ace available in this market and is the only free agent that I will be legitimately p-ssed off at if they don’t pursue aggressively.

C- Castillo, Navarro
    1B- *Morrison (Swisher)
    2B- Callaspo, Theriot
    SS- Castro
    3B- Escobar,* Valbuena
    LF- Swisher, Sappelt
    CF- *DeJesus,* Sweeney
    RF- Stanton

Lineup:
    (s)Callaspo- 2B
    *DeJesus-CF
    Castro-SS
    Stanton-RF
    (s)Swisher-LF
    Escobar-3B
    Morrison-1B
    Castillo-C
    Pitcher

Rotation:
    SP- Greinke
    SP- Samardzija
    SP- Baker
    SP- Feldman
    SP- *T. Wood

CL- Vizcaino
    SU-Chamberlain
    MR-*Russell
    MR-Bowden
    MR-*Beliveau
    MR-Camp
    MR-Cabrera
    Last edited by CPorter07; 11-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    I hate that trade, and **** if Theriot will ever be a Cub again.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I'm sad about losing out on Upton. He signed for what I expected. We need the CF help badly. If we can end up with Victorino or Pagan I won't be as upset. Sucks missing out on 28 year old players though. I don't normally drink, but I might start

Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast