Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    If you could guarantee that kind of performance, I'd pay $50 million for it.
    you know whats better than paying 50million... paying 450k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    If you could guarantee that kind of performance, I'd pay $50 million for it.
    Trout is 20 years old. If someone told me he would proform as he did his rookie year all the way through his prime years, I would happily pay him 500M dollars for 15 years. Sounds crazy, I realize, but if ARod landed 256M for 10 after 6 historically productive seasons in Seattle, then I'd definitely pay double for the extra 5-6 seasons of Mantle-esk numbers
    Last edited by CPorter07; 11-28-2012 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Where were you guys at yesterday when folks were talking about giving Pagan 13 million over 4-6 years I could have used some help now I think I have developed carpal tunnel... Jesus H!!!!
    I'll be honest, I was reading and watching that argument but I wanted no part of that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    you know whats better than paying 50million... paying 450k
    In order of preference:

1) Paying $450k for it
    2) Paying $50 million for it
    3) Not having it at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Don't get how we weren't in on that contract
    Maybe BJ wasn't in on the cubs. Notice the teams he was closely linked too were...well, good.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    His range factor has declined greatly over the last three seasons. In fact, his RNGR has been negative now for three seasons. He used to have elite range, but we're three years past him having a number in the positives which makes it easy for me to say he's not an elite range-defender any more.

I don't think his 2012 numbers are indicative of him becoming a true negative defender. On the same way I'll use 3 year splits to determine he's probably no longer the elite, awesome, top of the line CF defender he was when younger, I wont say his 2012 has made him a negative nancy defender. But he's a lot closer to neutral than anything now.
    I'll look for the article but I believe Joe Madden addressed this issue a bit during spring training saying basically that he and the staff have asked Upton to temper it down some on what balls he goes to get- made a direct coralation to Jennings and even Zobrist being able to cover much more ground then even Crawford. Whatever though. I can live with your assessment of league average defense for Upton at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter07 View Post
    According to FRAA he was awful last year (and only minorly stinky the two previous). I still consider him a plus defender, just one that has still suffers from 'man I can't wait to go to the beach toda...oh wait, the ball is coming right at me' concentration skills. He has plus range, a plus arm and at times reads the ball well off the bat- so it's all there. He has okay to good baseball instints as well, he really just needs to decide himself that it's time to put it all together (something I personally think Soriano finally decided this past season, all credit to McKay and all but IMHO a lot of that was mindset of Soriano thinking he could throw everyone out all the time, et al Upton thinking he can run down anything hit in his general direction)

We'll see I guess
    Totally agree with this. I still see Upton as somewhat raw in the field and at the plate. The Braves are signing him for what he is going to do and not what he has done in the past. I think that this will end up being a great contract for the Braves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Where were you guys at yesterday when folks were talking about giving Pagan 13 million over 4-6 years I could have used some help now I think I have developed carpal tunnel... Jesus H!!!!
    LOL. He's what 32 years old and I just don't buy that he's a good player at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Maybe BJ wasn't in on the cubs. Notice the teams he was closely linked too were...well, good.
    People seem to fail to realize that both parties need to be in agreement on these contract thingies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    $15 mil would be less than 2 WAR too right?
    1.66 or so if you're going by what Shapiro, the Indians president, said.

Pretty sweet deal - not surprised at all that an intelligent FO/franchise got this one. Note that this is one of the best scouting franchises in baseball...or don't note, who gives a damn.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-28-2012 at 06:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    1.66 or so if you're going by what Shapiro, the Indians president, said.

This deal is a pretty sweet steal for the Braves.
    Still surprised it wasn't the Nationals. Being a Norfolk guy, the team having the type of success they had, the need they have for a true CF seem to all point to Upton landing in Washington.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter07 View Post
    Still surprised it wasn't the Nationals. Being a Norfolk guy, the team having the type of success they had, the need they have for a true CF seem to all point to Upton landing in Washington.
    I expect they prefer the speed/defense of Bourn. Upton is not so different from their other two OFers as they are right now, so I could see hen wanting a different dynamic.

All I can do is boo.

vCash
    Word out of Japan is the reliever Kyuji Fujikawa prefers to pitch for #Angels or #Cubs but hasn't ruled out #Diamondbacks. #Cubs could offer Fujikawa closing job but probably won't contend. Kyuji wouldn't close for #Angels but would be on probable contender.
    -Mike DiGiovanna, Angels beat writer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Word out of Japan is the reliever Kyuji Fujikawa prefers to pitch for #Angels or #Cubs but hasn't ruled out #Diamondbacks. #Cubs could offer Fujikawa closing job but probably won't contend. Kyuji wouldn't close for #Angels but would be on probable contender.
    -Mike DiGiovanna, Angels beat writer
    Hey we've been upgraded from "Won't Contend" to "Probably Won't Contend".

vCash
    So the Upton deal isn't official yet. Considering how trigger happy sports writers are some they can call FIRST, I'll wait.

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast