Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You know, call me crazy, but that's a trade I'd be looking into.

I love Castro. But Barney could probably fill in as a 2.5 win SS, and Stanton actually plays strong defense.
    I've said that for a while and people disagreed. Now that you said the same thing the idea is going to take off now

vCash
    Trading Castro for Stanton strikes me as against the point, but Stanton does own the rarest trait in today's game - game changing power.

I suppose Saint Rizzo remains untouchable in all this? Because I'm starting with him and trying my hardest to keep Castro.

vCash

I love Castro. But Barney could probably fill in as a 2.5 win SS, and Stanton actually plays strong defense.
    He is the one player that we should splurge on imo.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash

You're not crazy.

He has Big Hurt power something this league lacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Trading Castro for Stanton strikes me as against the point, but Stanton does own the rarest trait in today's game - game changing power.

I suppose Saint Rizzo remains untouchable in all this? Because I'm starting with him and trying my hardest to keep Castro.
    You know if Voglebach keeps mashing it would be something to keep an eye on.

Stanton in Chicago = Rebuild 75% complete
    Last edited by ABE32; 11-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash

I feel like the SS edge as well as already putting together 3 succesful proving years is what puts Castro in that ball park for Stanton where as Rizzo they are essentially downgrading power and position to fill.

I'd do Rizzo for Stanton in a heartbeat including fillers but, doubt the Marlins would humor that deal.

vCash
    Vogelbach has nothing to do with whether I am willing to trade Rizzo for Stanton. Rizzo's cheap (which the Marlins love), under control for 5 years (which the Marlins love), has strong upside, has strong current skills, fills an organizational hole for them....

I don't get why Castro gets thrown into any and every rumor he can be thrown into, but Rizzo avoids it. Or maybe I do get it - he's tall, white, and handsome as well as handpicked by our saviors.

vCash

Just don't see Rizzo having the trade value to pull in Stanton. Rizzo's not a premium position player nor does he have the value at this point to pull in a Stanton without the Marlins asking for a premium prospect as well. The other problem is no internal replacement for him. Rizzo's still in that situation where his trade value doesn't reflect his value to the organization. Castro, I feel, has his trade value much more equal to that of his organizational value.

With Castro, as much as I love him as a player, we have an internal replacement in Barney (and although it may open up 2b, I'd feel a little more confident going with a stop gap there than at 1b where the system is pretty void at the position outside of the low a-level).

You can start with Rizzo but I just don't think the Marlins bite on him. If you're going to trade MLB talent, it's going to be Castro, I feel.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    BTW: This is all pointless which makes it more annoying. The only reason these Stanton rumors even started up is because they made one big trade. They're not going to trade a 22 year old elite talent they control for at least 2-3 more years right now. All the guys they traded in the Blue Jays deal were expensive except for Bonafacio, who is nowhere near Stanton.

vCash
    Vogelbach has nothing to do with whether I am willing to trade Rizzo for Stanton. Rizzo's cheap (which the Marlins love), under control for 5 years (which the Marlins love), has strong upside, has strong current skills, fills an organizational hole for them....

I don't get why Castro gets thrown into any and every rumor he can be thrown into, but Rizzo avoids it. Or maybe I do get it - he's tall, white, and handsome as well as handpicked by our saviors.
    I just don't think anyone thinks that would be realistic. Castro I think could be viewed about as close to a 1 for 1 as anyone. However Rizzo would prob. have to be ++ secondary pieces to get it done.

vCash

I think it's because Rizz has not proven anything yet. You don't go blindly making deals without having a surplus at a position and we seem to have a plethora of talent in the IF save 3rd Base.

vCash
    ust don't see Rizzo having the trade value to pull in Stanton.
    No one is landing Stanton straight up. I am not proposing, and really never am, a one for one. They're still going to be raping us for prospects there.

The Stanton rumor is much like the Cubs shopping Castro rumor...Open with a joke about how much, everyone laughs, and then they talk more realistic ideas.

ou don't go blindly making deals without having a surplus at a position
    I'll make the sacrifice at 1B for a talent like Stanton, not that I think this rule is blanketing.

vCash
    BTW: This is all pointless which makes it more annoying. The only reason these Stanton rumors even started up is because they made one big trade. They're not going to trade a 22 year old elite talent they control for at least 2-3 more years right now. All the guys they traded in the Blue Jays deal were expensive except for Bonafacio, who is nowhere near Stanton.
    Oh, I totally agree. Stanton tweeted he was mad and people connected "trades", "Marlins" and "Stanton's pissed" and thought the Marlins would have to trade him.

I see zero reason he goes anywhere. That said, it's at least an interesting discussion for the board right now as opposed to "rabble rabble rabble prospects vs money!" that seems to have consumed us all, or, sitting around waiting for the winter meetings.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    I just don't think anyone thinks that would be realistic. Castro I think could be viewed about as close to a 1 for 1 as anyone. However Rizzo would prob. have to be ++ secondary pieces to get it done.
    Exactly.

vCash
    I actually would've loved for us to have got Bonafacio if Miami was intent on making him a throw in on a deal.

Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast