Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012 Free Agent and Trade Ideas Thread 16

Given that it was his first year starting in the majors coupled with his stuff, it's a pretty safe bet he maintains this success for the most part and probably even gets a little better. I get the hesitation, but he was a top 30 pitcher in baseball last year no matter how you slice it. I'm definitely bullish on Shark

vCash
    As long as he keeps his walk rate down.

vCash
    The Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Cubs, and many more are inquiring on rightfielder Giancarlo Stanton, a major league source tells Cafardo. However, commissioner Bud Selig is watching the situation closely after the club's colossal salary dump in the Blue Jays deal. He didn't move to block that trade, but he may not be fond of a deal for the Marlins’ biggest draw.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-sizemore.html

Starlin Castro......Or Bruno Mars?

vCash
    I'd quit being a Cubs fan if Theo or Hoyer didn't even at least mumor his name out loud which is where I assume got our name included.

However he's not going anywhere at least not to the Cubs.

vCash
    I'm not even going to get my hopes up for Stanton. I know that's not likely to happen.

vCash
    It would definitely take one of the "Big 3" to get him.

vCash
    I'd expect almost every MLB team to inquire. I'd also expect the Marlins have little to no interest in moving him.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash

2012 Free Agent and Trade Ideas Thread 16

It would take 2 of the big 3 and quite a bit more to get Stanton. And both AA & JS can't be moved even as a PTBNL for awhile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    It would take 2 of the big 3 and quite a bit more to get Stanton. And both AA & JS can't be moved even as a PTBNL for awhile
    Soler is actually close. He signed in June, I believe. It's a one year thing from when you sign. PTBNL need to be completed in 6 months. I think he's okay to be traded as a PTBNL in December at some point.

Not that I think it's likely.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    I would bring in Grady Sizemore on a minor league deal. I still like him, and if they can squeak a platoon out of him...Better him on a minor league deal than Joe Mather 2.0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Soler is actually close. He signed in June, I believe. It's a one year thing from when you sign. PTBNL need to be completed in 6 months. I think he's okay to be traded as a PTBNL in December at some point.

Not that I think it's likely.
    It would Take Starlin Castro to land Stanton and another piece.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I would bring in Grady Sizemore on a minor league deal. I still like him, and if they can squeak a platoon out of him...Better him on a minor league deal than Joe Mather 2.0.
    Man what a let down the rest of his career has been due to injuries. However I wouldn't be opposed to it.

However the Indians have a guy I really want in Choo. However I don't know how likely they would deal him or what it would take. I'd like to think he's a very under appreciated player in the league and would be a huge addition.

vCash
    I think it depends on what the Marlins are targeting. If they want upside prospects and not necessarily pitching I think Baez, Watkins, Jackson, Vitters and another top prospect could get it done.
    Depletes the Cubs farm minus Almora and Soler. But gives Cubs a massive core to build around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    It would Take Starlin Castro to land Stanton and another piece.
    You know, call me crazy, but that's a trade I'd be looking into.

I love Castro. But Barney could probably fill in as a 2.5 win SS, and Stanton actually plays strong defense.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djp6677 View Post
    I think it depends on what the Marlins are targeting. If they want upside prospects and not necessarily pitching I think Baez, Watkins, Jackson, Vitters and another top prospect could get it done.
    Depletes the Cubs farm minus Almora and Soler. But gives Cubs a massive core to build around.
    It couldn't. Watkins, Jackson and Vitters dont have all that much trade value. Some but not enough to for it to get Stanton.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast