Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^ Preeeettty much on the Shark packages. He's got plenty of ability to bring in a nice trade haul once you factor in his talent, last two years of performance, and years of control.

vCash
    I to it'd cost wayyy more than that get Meyers.
    Something like garza Baez Jackson and Amaya I think could get it done. But that's assuming other teams don't 1 up us.

I'd be willing to give those 4 up in a heart. Meyers has serious superstar potential.

vCash
    I really don't think the Cubs have a shot at Myers. There's very few players the Royals should make him available for, and it's probably smarter to keep him.

vCash
    was myers a bad defensive catcher?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJimmy:24444171
    I to it'd cost wayyy more than that get Meyers.
    Something like garza Baez Jackson and Amaya I think could get it done. But that's assuming other teams don't 1 up us.

I'd be willing to give those 4 up in a heart. Meyers has serious superstar potential.
    You cant be serious. it would not cost that much. That is an absolute trade rape. No baez has major superstar potential as well.

vCash
    Baez has superstar potential in A-ball. That's a lot different from superstar potential about to break into the majors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Baez has superstar potential in A-ball. That's a lot different from superstar potential about to break into the majors.
    This is very true. I'd give up a lot to get Myers, but I doubt the Royals trade him for anything less than a serious trade rape deal (with them obviously being the trade rapists).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    This!!! Baez could be great but he isn't nearly as polished as Myers who is a top 5 spec. I doubt they would even accept that deal I posted. We are losing garza who has a year left Baez who is years away and hasn't faced AA pitching and Jackson whose bat may never get fixed.

The only way I seem Myers getting traded though is for a legit no 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJimmy View Post
    This!!! Baez could be great but he isn't nearly as polished as Myers who is a top 5 spec. I doubt they would even accept that deal I posted. We are losing garza who has a year left Baez who is years away and hasn't faced AA pitching and Jackson whose bat may never get fixed.

The only way I seem Myers getting traded though is for a legit no 1.
    You are hugely overrating how much it would take to get Myers. Baez is a top 20-25 spec himself with huge upside at a position higher up on the defensive spectrum. Then on top of that you want to throw Garza who himself is likely to bring a top 100 spec + and then BJax and then more on top of that. It's not like the guy is Trout/Harper/Strasburg level.

vCash
    The difference between a top-20 prospect and Wil Myers is still quite huge. Wil Myers is still on a completely different part of the bell curve than Baez.

Yes, Baez is on the better end of the defensive spectrum. But Myers is three levels more advanced and still a better hitter.

If I were the Royals and the Cubs called with Baez, Garza and Jackson, I wouldn't take it.

vCash
    Guy hasn't taken an ML at bat but you're ready to give up a top 20 and the equivalent to a couple more top 100's for him. I'd be terrified to know what you'd offer for Bundy or Profar.

vCash
    Why would the Royals trade a top 3 hitting prospect in all baseball for a #3 pitcher in his last season of team control coming off of a season ending injury? That doesn't make any sense when they could almost certainly do better. It's much more likely they pull a Montero for Pineda type trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Guy hasn't taken an ML at bat but you're ready to give up a top 20 and the equivalent to a couple more top 100's for him. I'd be terrified to know what you'd offer for Bundy or Profar.
    You realize that the top 20 prospect we would be giving up would be for a the number 4 prospect in baseball right? Not to mention he is far more advanced offensively then Baez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    You realize that the top 20 prospect we would be giving up would be for a the number 4 prospect in baseball right? Not to mention he is far more advanced offensively then Baez.
    You do realize he has never had an MLB at bat right? I'll take my chances that at least one of Baez, BJax, whoever they get for Garza works out then go all in on a prospect whose ceiling isn't even any different than Baez's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    For one thing, Bundy's a pitching prospect, so that's a whole different story.

With Profar, eww. That's such a hard comparison to make. I love guys who I absolutely know can hit a ton. I get scared about guys like Profar who have every positive indicator you could possibly want outside of provably being able to hit a ton.

Don't get too obsessed with the prospect rankings. There are tiers, and those are more important than where exactly a prospect fits in on the rankings. Myers is on the same tier as Profar, and both are two tiers ahead of Baez right now, who has a lot more in common with No. 40 than he does with No. 4, despite being in the 15-20 range right now.

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast