Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd rather take the Hamilton money and give it to greinke
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post
    Yeah I agree. I think if we could sign him play him a year or two in center then shift him to left when Soriano is gone that would help too.

At first they said his agent was telling teams 5yrs. 175 million, I dont see anyway he gets close to that unless the RedSox or Yankees are bluffing.
    i would rather the yankees trade us granderson on a good deal and then they get hamilton

vCash
    I would take Hamilton over Granderson in a heartbeat. Even though they're both free-swingers, Hamilton is just better at it. They're the same age, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I think Hamilton will be a steal for someone if you can get him for less than 5 years.He was overrated for a bit now he's underrated
    Agreed. Quietest 40+ HR / 120+ RBI season in recent memory, hits both lefites and righties, home and on the road...Beyond the whole drug problem thing I don't see what is not to like.

I'd rather have Greinke, but it is not crazy to think the Cubs can't afford both.

vCash
    Blah. I just want something to happen. At least a rumor of some sort.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    Heard that Grienke is likely to sign with the Dodgers. Probably for a shade under a eleventy billion dollars
    I'd been thinking that for a while, so it's good someone that actually knows something concurs.

I'm also thinking Hamilton is an Oriole. They're probably convinced they're a player away from a WS, so they'll do what it takes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    I'd been thinking that for a while, so it's good someone that actually knows something concurs.

I'm also thinking Hamilton is an Oriole. They're probably convinced they're a player away from a WS, so they'll do what it takes.
    Couldn't agree more with this. I don't see the Cubs signing either of these two this offseason. I am on board for BJ Upton though.

vCash
    BJ Upton might end up signing a contract worth more overall $ than Hamilton...that's sorta weird to think about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Agreed. Quietest 40+ HR / 120+ RBI season in recent memory, hits both lefites and righties, home and on the road...Beyond the whole drug problem thing I don't see what is not to like.

I'd rather have Greinke, but it is not crazy to think the Cubs can't afford both.
    The drug problem isn't nothing, though. Aside from the team's perspective, Hamilton himself might prefer a more low-key market and make it harder for a team like the Cubs to sign him. And there's still his admission that he has trouble seeing the ball in day games, which makes it less likely he'd be thrilled to play on the team that has the most day games in baseball.

It just seems to me the intangibles of his particuar case make it unlikely the Cubs could sign him without completely blowing other offers out of the water.

vCash
    So are we all just throwing out the whole "Hamilton can't hit in broad daylight" thing? Cause that's what it sounds like.

He's still sporting a .260 career average in the day, with a .789 OPS (.955 at night).

The neighborhood is more staunch on their 'no additional night games' now than ever before.

100+ mil on this guy to play 1/3 of the season under conditions in which he hits like a replacement level player? Doesn't add up to me.

vCash
    ^That was entirely unintentionally written in a fashion eerily similar to BB. Apologies to all. But the point(s) stand.

vCash
    Greinke + Upton is still preferred. I still consider Upton the best buy amongst the CFers for the Cubs, and the second best buy after Greinke overall.

vCash
    Not that I'm advocating we should sign him necessarily, but he did have an OPS over 1.000 in the day this year. I know it's below .800 for his career, but he has shown he can hit in the day. Also since when is .790 replacement level? Not saying it's worth 25 mil, but that's not replacement level either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Not that I'm advocating we should sign him necessarily, but he did have an OPS over 1.000 in the day this year. I know it's below .800 for his career, but he has shown he can hit in the day. Also since when is .790 replacement level? Not saying it's worth 25 mil, but that's not replacement level either
    148 abs is a pretty small sample size to declare that he has shown he can hit in the day.

vCash
    Wind blowing out + Hamilton's power =

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast