Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Some of the interesting rumors - mostly because I love seeing how GMs/teams are trying to knock the prices down of players:

Some general managers believe the secondary starting pitching options are incredibly overpriced, Olney reports.
    Some executives say they’d be comfortable offering Josh Hamilton a three-year deal that includes protective language for the team. I expect Hamilton can do far better than a three-year deal.
    Some agents presume the Phillies will be particularly aggressive in addressing their center field need.
    BOoooooo.

Piece on Victorino vs. Pagan:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...victorino.html

Victorino strikes me as a great buy low candidate. He's getting zero love despite the fact that he's still a strong all around player with plenty of experience at not losing.

Mark Reynolds listed as a non-tender candidate. Some others:

Decent names who may become free agents next week include Mark Reynolds, Geovany Soto, Ian Stewart, Daric Barton, Ryan Sweeney, Jair Jurrjens, John Lannan, Mike Pelfrey, and Brian Wilson.
    Non-tender deadline is next Friday, the 30th.

# of teams looking at Scott Kazmir. Scott Gorzellany?

Friedman on his wealth of SPs:

“The one thing that we’re very wary of is waking up one day and not being able to fill out a rotation in the American League East that can have a chance to pitch 170-220 innings [per starter].”
    Wren on the Braves' pitching depth:

“We feel like our rotation is one of our strengths. In our rotation and our bullpen we’re basically returning everyone and we have some dynamic young pitchers that are one verge of being a part of our rotation or on our club, so we do have depth.

“I always cringe when people say you have too much pitching because you never have enough pitching. But you also have to look at your club honestly and say ‘where do we have pieces that we can deal from.’ I think our pitching will enable us to fill some of our needs if we want to move one or so of those guys. It’s something we’re open to; it’s not something we’re absolutely going to do.”
    All this stuff is on page one of MLBTR today.

vCash
    Also, Hedges is a beast. I wonder if Grandal being there leaves him slightly exposed. Or maybe the PED thing leaves Grandal exposed...It would be nice.

I bet if they were in the organization they wouldn't be fringe core pieces - which is just special - like Castillo.

vCash
    Oh and this:

Rumors swirl that Zack Greinke is seeking a six-year contract, but his agent Casey Close has yet to ask for specific offers.
    6 years for Greinke? Are you kidding me? Yes, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Hedges has moved into legit top prospect after this past season, don't see them moving him but that'd be an awesome get.
    They have Grandal though and yeah I know he is suspended but he still technically is blocking him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Oh and this:

6 years for Greinke? Are you kidding me? Yes, please.
    I'd take 6 years in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    I don't see Barney's value ever being higher than it is now. Just can't see the bat making any strides personally. So, he's never going to have 4 years of control again, nor is it likely he'll have another season in the field quite as stellar as this one. So trade him now. If he brings back a Porcello, Corbin, Delgado, etc. If he can't bring that type of SP, just keep him. He enhances the value of our SP as well and certainly could end up being a guy more valuable to us, than we'd ever get in trade.
    I agree. I think we should sell high. It wouldnt take a lot to replace him offensively. It might be a downgrade on defense, but its hard to believe he is ever this good again.

I think Detroit is a definite fit for him and Marmol, maybe we could package them both and get a Porcello/Crosby combo.

vCash
    Heard that Grienke is likely to sign with the Dodgers. Probably for a shade under a eleventy billion dollars

vCash
    I know there are alot of questions about Josh Hamilton, but does anyone see us getting involved in negotiations for him. I dont see two many teams that are willing to spend the money on him.

He would fit on the: Braves, Nats, Brewers, Giants, Orioles; but I dont see any of them spending big money. And the Yankees, Red Sox are trying to cut costs. The Dodgers have a full OF. The way I see it I think he goes back to the Rangers on a deal for much less than he wanted.

I think if we could get him for 4 yrs. 80-90 million we should jump in, just dont give him a NTC and we could always flip him in a few years.

vCash
    unless his body falls apart, or he misses significant time again. I'd stay clear of Hamilton
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    i wouldn't mind trying to flip Jair Jurrgens.....

vCash
    grienke for 6 years?!?! Thats a no brainer... I think he is trying to go bigger $$$ per year.... could see Grienke as a retire early kinda guy

vCash
    I think Hamilton will be a steal for someone if you can get him for less than 5 years.He was overrated for a bit now he's underrated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    Heard that Grienke is likely to sign with the Dodgers. Probably for a shade under a eleventy billion dollars
    Nobody knows anything about where Greinke is going to sign right now. There are early favorites based on hearsay only.

If it's the Dodgers for 6 years I bet it's no less than 125 MM but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with upwards of 30 MM as the max year in the contract. Sounds like they're waiting for winter meetings to really get things going.
    Last edited by terencem; 11-23-2012 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I think Hamilton will be a steal for someone if you can get him for less than 5 years.He was overrated for a bit now he's underrated
    Yeah I agree. I think if we could sign him play him a year or two in center then shift him to left when Soriano is gone that would help too.

At first they said his agent was telling teams 5yrs. 175 million, I dont see anyway he gets close to that unless the RedSox or Yankees are bluffing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post
    Yeah I agree. I think if we could sign him play him a year or two in center then shift him to left when Soriano is gone that would help too.

At first they said his agent was telling teams 5yrs. 175 million, I dont see anyway he gets close to that unless the RedSox or Yankees are bluffing.
    I think teams are trying to talk Hamilton down through the press but I think they know what he's worth and we haven't even begun to scrape the surface on what he'll be payed.

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast