Some of the interesting rumors - mostly because I love seeing how GMs/teams are trying to knock the prices down of players:

Some general managers believe the secondary starting pitching options are incredibly overpriced, Olney reports.
Some executives say they’d be comfortable offering Josh Hamilton a three-year deal that includes protective language for the team. I expect Hamilton can do far better than a three-year deal.
Some agents presume the Phillies will be particularly aggressive in addressing their center field need.
BOoooooo.

Piece on Victorino vs. Pagan:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...victorino.html

Victorino strikes me as a great buy low candidate. He's getting zero love despite the fact that he's still a strong all around player with plenty of experience at not losing.

Mark Reynolds listed as a non-tender candidate. Some others:

Decent names who may become free agents next week include Mark Reynolds, Geovany Soto, Ian Stewart, Daric Barton, Ryan Sweeney, Jair Jurrjens, John Lannan, Mike Pelfrey, and Brian Wilson.
Non-tender deadline is next Friday, the 30th.

# of teams looking at Scott Kazmir. Scott Gorzellany?

Friedman on his wealth of SPs:

“The one thing that we’re very wary of is waking up one day and not being able to fill out a rotation in the American League East that can have a chance to pitch 170-220 innings [per starter].”
Wren on the Braves' pitching depth:

“We feel like our rotation is one of our strengths. In our rotation and our bullpen we’re basically returning everyone and we have some dynamic young pitchers that are one verge of being a part of our rotation or on our club, so we do have depth.

“I always cringe when people say you have too much pitching because you never have enough pitching. But you also have to look at your club honestly and say ‘where do we have pieces that we can deal from.’ I think our pitching will enable us to fill some of our needs if we want to move one or so of those guys. It’s something we’re open to; it’s not something we’re absolutely going to do.”
All this stuff is on page one of MLBTR today.