Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012 Free Agent and Trade Ideas Thread 16

"The Horn Of Gondor..."

"Boromir!"

As you were boys.
    Last edited by TooL D/R/T; 11-20-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    I am no GENTLEBOY!

Last edited by A New Era; 11-20-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: cause

vCash
    I've been PWNED!

Lord Of The Rings & PSD: Where women need not beTM

vCash
    On that note I'm happy with todays move. Can't wait to see what this FO has up their sleeves for the winter meetings.

vCash
    Figgins DFA'd...I'd take a shot at him, see how he pans out. He's old, but could fill a void temporarily and be a solid PR/Bench/Super Utility guy.

I bet we're in on Rayburn or him...I don't see us scoring a 3B anyhow, no one's ready and we do need a stop gap, and at least Figgins D is still decent. Sign him, start him batting 8th, and if he gets better, slowly move him up the lineup. Can't be any worse than Valbuena.

vCash
    Nothing exciting has happened yet. I just know the Cubs are gonna make atleast one trade that is significant. And I am waiting for it. Not patiently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by excillon View Post
    Figgins DFA'd...I'd take a shot at him, see how he pans out. He's old, but could fill a void temporarily and be a solid PR/Bench/Super Utility guy.

I bet we're in on Rayburn or him...I don't see us scoring a 3B anyhow, no one's ready and we do need a stop gap, and at least Figgins D is still decent. Sign him, start him batting 8th, and if he gets better, slowly move him up the lineup. Can't be any worse than Valbuena.
    Both of those players are much worse than Valbuena.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    Both of those players are much worse than Valbuena.
    Disagree. Rayburn is better than Valbuena (save last year, keep in mind he hits in Comerica though), and Figgins, the bats are about even, but I've always been a believer that seeing Figgins for what he was, he may never be that again, but could be a solid platoon, bench guy. Definitely worth league minimum, and maybe he could teach Starlin how to play defense or steal a base. And if he did go back to Figgins of old, we got ourselves a hell of a trade candidate at the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by excillon View Post
    Disagree. Rayburn is better than Valbuena (save last year, keep in mind he hits in Comerica though), and Figgins, the bats are about even, but I've always been a believer that seeing Figgins for what he was, he may never be that again, but could be a solid platoon, bench guy. Definitely worth league minimum, and maybe he could teach Starlin how to play defense or steal a base. And if he did go back to Figgins of old, we got ourselves a hell of a trade candidate at the deadline.
    If Raburn hadn't been so unbelievably bad last year, I could buy him as sort of a left handed Baker. But as is, I would have to think long and hard before offering him a major league contract.

Your opinion of Figgins just baffles me though. He has been below replacement level two years in a row, hitting under .200. Three years ago, he was less terrible, but still not something I would want anywhere near the Cubs' lineup. He's a 35 year old that relied on his speed in his prime, and that, along with all of his other skills, have deteriorated. The chances that he'll somehow turn it around and become a passable major leaguer are non-existent.

vCash

I think figgins defense alone is look worthy. Not every guy can clip .300 and have a WAR of 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHI_Fan412 View Post
    I think figgins defense alone is look worthy. Not every guy can clip .300 and have a WAR of 6.
    That's a four to five year stretch to try and recapture the magic of 2008 and 2009. We may as well look to acquire Derrek Lee.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash

^well that just makes no sense. We have a 1B..

All I'm saying is the 3b market is slim.. Figgins/Stewart is better than valbuena

vCash

All I'm saying is the 3b market is slim.. Figgins/Stewart is better than valbuena
    Danny Valencia was dfa as well.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash

No Chone Figgins is garbage. It'd help the team more to throw Vitters out there than trade anything for Figgins.

vCash
    Look for position flips to solve problems (Barney type to SS, Escobar type to 3B, etc.)...
    Ombudsman

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast