Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Prognosis "very poor" for boxing champ Camacho: doctor

Reuters – 30 mins ago

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (Reuters) - Doctors treating Hector "Macho" Camacho for a gunshot wound to the face and neck said the three-time world boxing champion suffered a heart attack early on Wednesday and his prognosis was "very poor."

"This is the toughest fight in the life of Macho Camacho," Ernesto Torres, director of the Rio Piedras Medical Center, said in a news conference on Wednesday morning.

Camacho was gravely injured in a drive-by shooting in Puerto Rico on Tuesday night. Torres said that Camacho suffered a heart attack at 4:15 a.m. on Wednesday.

"There has not been any improvement," Torres said. "His heart has stopped working. We can give him medicine and his heart will pump again. There is brain activity, but very low. The neurological equipment is not being used. Right now, we can't do anything," Torres said.

"We are keeping him alive with medicine. He is a strong guy. We can maintain him several days like this to see if there is an improvement. Macho's situation is very delicate. The prognosis is very poor," Torres said.

Camacho, 50, was a passenger in a car driven by his lifelong friend, Alberto Yamil Mojica. They were sitting in a parked car outside a bar when someone opened fire on them, killing the driver. Camacho was shot in the jaw by a bullet that fractured two vertebrae and lodged in his shoulder, doctors said.

The shooting occurred near a popular shopping mall on Highway 167 in Bayamon, a suburban town west of the capital of San Juan.

Police have yet to make arrests or determine a motive in the attack.

Camacho had a stellar professional career with 79 wins and only 6 defeats, including bouts with welterweight champions Oscar De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad, as well as Roberto Duran, Julio Cesar Chavez and Sugar Ray Leonard.

He dealt with drug and alcohol problems during his career and was briefly jailed on charges relating to a burglary in Mississippi in 2005.

In 2010, Camacho participated in the popular Univision network TV show "Mira Quien Baila," the Spanish language version of Dancing with the Stars.
    http://news.yahoo.com/former-boxing-...8551--box.html
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-21-2012 at 11:43 AM.

vCash
    He's n life support, and is brain dead... They need to just let him go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Heard this on the radio this morning on my way to work, haven't heard anything since.

"...Larry Holmes, all y'all ni**as cmon wit it baby! Yeeeeeah, budddyyy!!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKRl-...e_gdata_player

vCash
    After several hours of waiting, relatives of "Macho" Camacho, who was shot last night in the face and neck, left the Medical Center, where the ex-boxer struggles between life and death.

The pricked family and friends declined to give statements to the press.

The ex-manager of Hector 'Macho' Camacho, Ishmael Leandry, was the first to arrive on Tuesday night to the Medical Center to see the condition of the former world champion.

"He's in intensive. Not been allowed to see. His mother has not arrived. What we know is that he was given a shot in the neck and face ... they found him lying on the floor. If he's alive is thanks to his physical strength" said Leandry at night.

Leandry thinks that he was the victim of the crime wave that exists in the country.

"He is living all the time in Puerto Rico. Sometimes traveling to Miami, to go on television ... I see him almost every day. No one knows what happened. We are living in a country where sometimes they throw to another and the wrong guy catch the bullets ... what I do know is that he was not out there cheating or anything. No need to. He is a millionaire, "said Leandry.

Not the first time Camacho is present in an incident of this nature. In 2011 also was shot near the residential Luis Llorens Torres in Santurce. In the past, Camacho, also, went to prison for burglary.
    Man I'm so sad, I never got the opportunity to see him fight, but I've seen some of his fights in Youtube. My dad really liked him and he even had some autographed stuff from him. I even share his famous last name.
    Last edited by UPRock; 11-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    I think they will take him off life support soon.... Damn.

vCash
    UPRock Are you Puerto Rican?

And yes, it looks like they will take him off life support today, the final tests they did last night showed only a brain activity of 3, and over night it just got worse, so he is clinically dead, it's just a matter of when the mother decides to let him go.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Macho is/was one crazy full of life dude. Sad story. Not too long ago I was watching him on Univision. RIP.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    He's dead, he died people Now can someone change the title of the thread?

@Havoc, yep.

vCash
    Rip macho

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=607&cat=boxer

Look at the incredible list of names this guy fought

Freddy roach
    Sugar ray Leonard
    Cesar Chavez
    Roberto Duran
    De la hoya
    Felix Trinidad
    Greg haugen
    Vinny Paz
    Ray mancini

Macho was legit as fck...
    Last edited by AddiX; 11-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Rip macho

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=607&cat=boxer

Look at the incredible list of names this guy fought

Freddy roach
    Sugar ray Leonard
    Cesar Chavez
    Roberto Duran
    De la hoya
    Felix Trinidad
    Greg haugen
    Vinny Paz
    Ray mancini

Macho was legit as fck...
    how many of those guys did he beat?

vCash
    Hit the link and look.

vCash
    His destruction of Ray Leonard was one of my fav. fights of his. He badly out classed Leonard.

vCash
    What a tough decision to make This is so sad. I just heard about this.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    According to the PRican press, the family decided to disconnect him tomorrow.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    According to the PRican press, the family decided to disconnect him tomorrow.
    Idk why everyone here keeps following the twitter announcements. You are correct though.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast