Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw the NHL

vCash
    could we get david stern to replace the bettman?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mlisica19 View Post
    Exactly, if your so mad at them. Just dont do anything relative to the NHL.

Me? Its the best league in the world, im coming back asap. Im annoyed, but im also annoyed at my electric company, the gas situation, general public and other things. What can ya do?
    i'll still watch, but i do not plan on going to any games or buyign jerseys and what not for a bit after, simply out of principal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i'll still watch, but i do not plan on going to any games or buyign jerseys and what not for a bit after, simply out of principal
    principle. Principals are who run schools.

On a serious note, I probably will go back to buying tickets but that's because I'm finally close again to an NHL city for the first time in 10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mlisica19 View Post
    Exactly, if your so mad at them. Just dont do anything relative to the NHL.

Me? Its the best league in the world, im coming back asap. Im annoyed, but im also annoyed at my electric company, the gas situation, general public and other things. What can ya do?
    What can you do?? you serious?
    no one is making you go to games, buy the gear etc People like you are exactly why the NHL can and are doing what they're doing. They know fans will fold and they can do what they please when they please. Why do you like being controlled by a organization who is ultimately ran by fans.

gas, electricity is one thing because its needed for survival but comparing those to the NHL is dumb.

The NHL wouldn't make enough by people just watching the games on TV.
    Having empty arenas and no merchandise sales would lose the NHL tons of money and prove a point by the fans that were tired of being taken advantage of....
    In the end, were the ones keeping the NHL going and the reason they can make millions a year for playing a sport.

They need to realize that and us fans needs to show were not pushovers.

I could understand a strike every 50 years or so due to economy changes etc but this is getting ridiculous.

As a die hard Leafs fan, I usually see about 3-4 live games a year. As a student its a lot of money and takes a decent amount of time for me to save for it. I can say when they resolve their issues and start a season, I definitely wont be purchasing any memorabilia or tickets for live games.

If every fan did that and watched it on TV, I think that would be unreal and amazing to see.

vCash
    It took me a solid year to get back into hockey after the last lockout. This time will probably be worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman16 View Post
    What can you do?? you serious?
    no one is making you go to games, buy the gear etc People like you are exactly why the NHL can and are doing what they're doing. They know fans will fold and they can do what they please when they please. Why do you like being controlled by a organization who is ultimately ran by fans.

gas, electricity is one thing because its needed for survival but comparing those to the NHL is dumb.

The NHL wouldn't make enough by people just watching the games on TV.
    Having empty arenas and no merchandise sales would lose the NHL tons of money and prove a point by the fans that were tired of being taken advantage of....
    In the end, were the ones keeping the NHL going and the reason they can make millions a year for playing a sport.

They need to realize that and us fans needs to show were not pushovers.

I could understand a strike every 50 years or so due to economy changes etc but this is getting ridiculous.

As a die hard Leafs fan, I usually see about 3-4 live games a year. As a student its a lot of money and takes a decent amount of time for me to save for it. I can say when they resolve their issues and start a season, I definitely wont be purchasing any memorabilia or tickets for live games.

If every fan did that and watched it on TV, I think that would be unreal and amazing to see.
    See I disagree with you and agree with the other guys point.

I am horribly upset by how this is playing out. I hate the NHL, both the players and owners, for what they are doing to me, the fan.

That being said it isn't costing me anything. I pay money to see a product. If there is no product, I am not paying. That is life. When they put a product back out onto the ice, I'll pay to watch it. It is pretty simple.

Futhermore I am not losing money over this like both the players and owners are. What right do I have to complain about it anymore than simple annoyance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    See I disagree with you and agree with the other guys point.

I am horribly upset by how this is playing out. I hate the NHL, both the players and owners, for what they are doing to me, the fan.

That being said it isn't costing me anything. I pay money to see a product. If there is no product, I am not paying. That is life. When they put a product back out onto the ice, I'll pay to watch it. It is pretty simple.

Futhermore I am not losing money over this like both the players and owners are. What right do I have to complain about it anymore than simple annoyance?
    Because without the fans putting their money into the NHL by buying tickets, merchandise etc they don't have anything to strike over.... There is no NHL at all.

I understand I'm not losing money right now but since we fans are the ones responsible for these players making millions etc, I expect a little respect shown towards us.

if you have a Gf or Bf and she/he kept leaving when ever she wanted, just because she/he knew you would go back as soon as they were ready again... would you say F You eventually or keep letting her control you cause she/he knows your a pushover when it comes time........ maybe once but when it becomes a continuous thing you get fed up and are tired of wasting your money and time on that person..... no?
    That's what the NHL is doing and that's the part that shouldn't be accepted.
    In my eyes anyways,

vCash
    I'm no fan of Bettman but the players and Fehr definitely take all of the blame on this one.

Teams who lose money by operating: 22
    Players who lose money by playing: 0

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I'm no fan of Bettman but the players and Fehr definitely take all of the blame on this one.

Good math. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Good math. lol.
    So did the players place franchises in these losing cities ?. The owners
    of well established teams did . All they wanted was the money.
    Now the roosters have come home and those same owners now must pay the piper unless they can get the players to pay for it.
    I get it that the players benefit from having these questionable franchises
    but its fools paradise until the owners and players recognize that
    its in their mutual interest to float these teams, Both sides must pay.
    I believe Bettman sold the owners a bill of goods but unless the players cave soon he is between a rock and a hard place.
    Look at the track record of Atlanta , 2 franchises , who decided to place teams
    where people still sing dixie. Florida Carolina Georgia Arizona the only
    fans who go into the rinks are those looking to cool off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

bahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha haahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Seriously if you think the players are *more* to blame you have simply not paid any attention to the lockout at all. Like you literally have to be actively paying not one shred of attention to this lockout to say the players are to blame.

The players, at most deserve 10% of the blame. TEN ****ING PERCENT AT MOST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman16 View Post
    Because without the fans putting their money into the NHL by buying tickets, merchandise etc they don't have anything to strike over.... There is no NHL at all.

I understand I'm not losing money right now but since we fans are the ones responsible for these players making millions etc, I expect a little respect shown towards us.

if you have a Gf or Bf and she/he kept leaving when ever she wanted, just because she/he knew you would go back as soon as they were ready again... would you say F You eventually or keep letting her control you cause she/he knows your a pushover when it comes time........ maybe once but when it becomes a continuous thing you get fed up and are tired of wasting your money and time on that person..... no?
    That's what the NHL is doing and that's the part that shouldn't be accepted.
    In my eyes anyways,
    are you serious? The NHL is a business and do not solely rely on the fans to generate their revenue. For any given team the fan revenue accounts for less then 50% of all revenues. The rest of this money comes from sponsorship's & TV deals.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    4GP / 1G / 4A / +5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    are you serious? The NHL is a business and do not solely rely on the fans to generate their revenue. For any given team the fan revenue accounts for less then 50% of all revenues. The rest of this money comes from sponsorship's & TV deals.
    That shrivels up and dies without the fans.

vCash
    I am not a Bettman fan, but he is also not to blame. He is just not the type to be strong enough to keep owners together like Roger Goodell in the NFL. I expect that if we were in the owners meetings, that there are 8-10 very strong owners that are making the push and Bettman is just a good frontman. Still, sorry to say but the players are 100% to blame. If I were to go up to my boss and demand the kind of raises these guys are, I would be shown the door and they would replace me with someone who was willing to do my job for what I am getting paid. I guess the extra millions makes them more greedy.

Still, if what Forbes is reporting is correct, that only 12 teams made money last year, then I cannot blame the owners for wanting a system where 30 owners can at worst, break even. But that is not good enough for the whiney players. Decertifying won't help them either. Unlike MLB or NFL, where there are not real alternatives, notice how many of these crybabies are playing professionally over in Europe. Because the NHL is not the only game, they won't get the same love with Anti-Trust suits.

Still, I knew when they hired Fehr, that the players were digging in for a fight with the intent to win. They mistakingly believe that he will do for the NHL what he did for MLB. Of course, MLB owners in 81 goofed and gave in, or he would have been gone back then. Fehr did learn some lessons from that though. Like make sure the players have money ready to tide them over. Still, he is not in the MLB anymore, where the owner don't have the stomach for long labor mess and obscenely deep pockets. I do believe that this labor impasse will go on until the players take what has been offered by the owners and not a day before.

And it is sad to say, but no matter what the fans do, you will fuel the next labor stoppage. If you boycott, that will lead to lesser revenues, which will mean the owners won't make money again and will lock them out again. If the fans come back in droves and spend the money, the revenues will go up and players will walk out demanding a bigger piece of the pie again. The old catch-22 situation.

Personally, I think the NHL would be better served to drop the salary cap stuff totally, the each team spend what they want which means the salary demands of the CBA are moot so teams can get away with spending enough to make a profit. yes, you may only have 4-6 teams that can buy any player and dominate the playoffs, but guess what... everybody gets to make their money. If an owner will make money if his salary for the team is 20 million, let him spend just that... if the leafs can build a 100 million team and make money, more power to them. At least then each owner is in control of their bottom line again.

vCash

Owners forced to pay greedy players ?

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    I am not a Bettman fan, but he is also not to blame. He is just not the type to be strong enough to keep owners together like Roger Goodell in the NFL. I expect that if we were in the owners meetings, that there are 8-10 very strong owners that are making the push and Bettman is just a good frontman. Still, sorry to say but the players are 100% to blame. If I were to go up to my boss and demand the kind of raises these guys are, I would be shown the door and they would replace me with someone who was willing to do my job for what I am getting paid. I guess the extra millions makes them more greedy.

Still, if what Forbes is reporting is correct, that only 12 teams made money last year, then I cannot blame the owners for wanting a system where 30 owners can at worst, break even. But that is not good enough for the whiney players. Decertifying won't help them either. Unlike MLB or NFL, where there are not real alternatives, notice how many of these crybabies are playing professionally over in Europe. Because the NHL is not the only game, they won't get the same love with Anti-Trust suits.

Still, I knew when they hired Fehr, that the players were digging in for a fight with the intent to win. They mistakingly believe that he will do for the NHL what he did for MLB. Of course, MLB owners in 81 goofed and gave in, or he would have been gone back then. Fehr did learn some lessons from that though. Like make sure the players have money ready to tide them over. Still, he is not in the MLB anymore, where the owner don't have the stomach for long labor mess and obscenely deep pockets. I do believe that this labor impasse will go on until the players take what has been offered by the owners and not a day before.

And it is sad to say, but no matter what the fans do, you will fuel the next labor stoppage. If you boycott, that will lead to lesser revenues, which will mean the owners won't make money again and will lock them out again. If the fans come back in droves and spend the money, the revenues will go up and players will walk out demanding a bigger piece of the pie again. The old catch-22 situation.

Personally, I think the NHL would be better served to drop the salary cap stuff totally, the each team spend what they want which means the salary demands of the CBA are moot so teams can get away with spending enough to make a profit. yes, you may only have 4-6 teams that can buy any player and dominate the playoffs, but guess what... everybody gets to make their money. If an owner will make money if his salary for the team is 20 million, let him spend just that... if the leafs can build a 100 million team and make money, more power to them. At least then each owner is in control of their bottom line again.
    How can you say its the players fault. Did Leopold offer ridiculous contracts
    in July ? The owners make offers that inflate their costs and then complain
    that the players are overpaid. . no one is forcing them to make
    these offers but if one of these guys offered me a similar deal Id
    turn it down because people might say Im greedy ya right.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast