Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    This makes me mad.

He did this last year, so the yankees went out and traded for Pineda. When if Andy had given his decision earlier I bet Cashole wouldn't have traded montero for Pineda. I get why Andy waited, but
    Yes I agree. It's getting old. You either want to pitch or not. Lets hope he makes up his mind before Christmas. I do want him back though.

vCash
    I may be in the minority, but this is a disappointment. It's clear the Yankees need an overhaul after the ALCS embarrassment, but I think Cashman will do what is the norm lately - nothing.

Kuroda will be back, Pettitte will be back, the lineup won't be much different sans Swisher, they'll sign a few Chavez's and they'll throw out the same crap with the same result.

Post-George ownership really sucks.

I love how they want to reduce payroll under $189 million, when it's clear they are rolling in cash from all the Yankee games. They don't have the same commitment to the team and fans that George did. They're businessman, he was all passion.

vCash
    One year is perfect. We don't know if he'll fall apart soon due to age.

Also, to the earlier argument, this absolutely deserves its own thread.

vCash
    This is amazing news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    After what he did last year $15M definitely sounds about right.
    So what will Mo and Pettitte demand with Kuroda getting a huge haul.....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So what will Mo and Pettitte demand with Kuroda getting a huge haul.....
    Who cares if it's a one year deal? And doesn't affect the yankees "189 plan"

Not like they are going to lower the parking or ticket prices anyway. So I would like to see them back in uniform at least for 1 more year. Before this team goes to more ****.

vCash
    This is great news. Now we just need to re sign Mo, Andy, and then go from there. It sure would be nice to trade for a guy like Alex Gordon... But i Don't see that happening. Hopefully cashman will give us a nice christmas gift this year.

Johnny Football For Heisman.
    Passing- 273-400:3419 Yards, 24TD. Rushing- 1181 yards, 19 TD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    I may be in the minority, but this is a disappointment. It's clear the Yankees need an overhaul after the ALCS embarrassment, but I think Cashman will do what is the norm lately - nothing.

Kuroda will be back, Pettitte will be back, the lineup won't be much different sans Swisher, they'll sign a few Chavez's and they'll throw out the same crap with the same result.

I love how they want to reduce payroll under $189 million, when it's clear they are rolling in cash from all the Yankee games. They don't have the same commitment to the team and fans that George did. They're businessman, he was all passion.

If you say the Post George ownership sucks then no surprises or disappointments should come anymore...Expect more of the same!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If you say the Post George ownership sucks then no surprises or disappointments should come anymore...Expect more of the same!
    Oh because the years of George were so much better?

vCash
    Great news.. This just made my day..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    Great news.. This just made my day..
    I'm liking your sig as much as this signing.

Johnny Football For Heisman.
    Passing- 273-400:3419 Yards, 24TD. Rushing- 1181 yards, 19 TD.

vCash

I think we can all agree the pitching wasn't the problem either during the regular season or the post season. Kuroda was a big part of that as either the best or second best pitcher on the team. This is a huge re-signing for the Yankees, and means they are just a Pettitte coming back from their rotation being set.

However, what changes as part of this "overhaul" do you propose? I agree, they need more contact hitters, but none are readily available on the free agent market that would allow the Yankees to stay committed to their $189 million payroll plan. Do you want to gut the farm system in an attempt to trade for some mid-20s players who will be close to a big payday? What other options do you propose? I'd love to hear your ideas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabres39 View Post
    I think we can all agree the pitching wasn't the problem either during the regular season or the post season. Kuroda was a big part of that as either the best or second best pitcher on the team. This is a huge re-signing for the Yankees, and means they are just a Pettitte coming back from their rotation being set.

However, what changes as part of this "overhaul" do you propose? I agree, they need more contact hitters, but none are readily available on the free agent market that would allow the Yankees to stay committed to their $189 million payroll plan. Do you want to gut the farm system in an attempt to trade for some mid-20s players who will be close to a big payday? What other options do you propose? I'd love to hear your ideas.
    The point is this is the Yankees. They shouldn't need a $189 million payroll plan. Not when they have a tiny 'Brooklyn Burger' hamburger going for 10 bucks at Yankee Stadium. Not to mention the ticket prices.

There are plenty of good pitchers and hitters out there, which the Yankees won't spend money on. Yet they won't trade A-Rod, whose awful and makes $25 million a year. They have so many overpaid guys it's unbelievable.

vCash
    The point is this is the Yankees. They shouldn't need a $189 million payroll plan. Not when they have a tiny 'Brooklyn Burger' hamburger going for 10 bucks at Yankee Stadium. Not to mention the ticket prices.

There are plenty of good pitchers and hitters out there, which the Yankees won't spend money on. Yet they won't trade A-Rod, whose awful and makes $25 million a year. They have so many overpaid guys it's unbelievable.
    From what I understand, the idea is to get below the $189 million for one year only as to avoid paying a huge additional luxury tax for having a payroll above that for five plus consecutive years. Then, the Yankees will go back to being the Yankees.

You didn't provide me with any examples of "good pitchers and hitters," which is what I asked for. Sure, there are Hamilton and Greinke, but both have their faults for the kind of money they will be seeking, and I support not going after either. So who else do you propose Cashman going after for this "overhaul" you are calling for?

vCash
    Very good signing and really helps the rotation heading into next season. Legit #2 starter.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast