Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Case for Ichiro

I think the biggest no brainer resigning is Ichiro. I think he takes 1 year, but I would go two years 15 million. Here are some of the reasons:

1.) Yankees really don't have any outfielders close to ready. - We have one or two nice players stuck in AA or something. Nothing real good. So why Bother?

2.) Yankees are NOT in the market fore a big time outfielder. If they were it would be Josh Hamilton, who would be a horrible move because he can't stay healthy and would be a train wreck in New York City.

3.) He is NOT a HR hitter, but I would expect him to hit 15. Look he hit 6 in 267AB in NY, so 15 isn't exactly no power.

4.) He doesn't strikeout. Keep in mind Ichiro hit at the bottom of the order. Yet he managed 32 RBI in 267AB. Project that out to about 70RBIs out of your #9 hitter who has no power.

5.) He plays a good rightfield. Swisher for some reason wasn't bad. But Ichiro is good. He has a cannon for an arm and he can cover well.

6.) He wants to be here. Enough Said!

Simply put this is a low cost (by Yankee standards) move. This is a professional hitter who can thrive here. As the season wore on he was a very big part of the Yankees winning the division. He was the one player who hit in the ALCS.

vCash
    More like 1 year $4M.

But overall, I get your point.

vCash
    Careful. The swisher gay love parade is about to pounce.

But yes, I love itchy. Way better than swisher for a year.

Stats lie. I know what I saw. And he's better.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Ewww, Itchy. Sorry, but I wasn't that impressed by him. He's not worth much anymore.

vCash
    Also a downgrade.

I have no issue with a stop gap. But he is a downgrade over Swisher. And given his age, he is likely to decline.

vCash
    I don't mind him as a stop gap for 1 year, he is not worth 15 mil over 2 years though.

I dont think he will produce enough RBI'S, and HR's that you generally would like from a corner out fielder however.

vCash
    If we were to resign (which I would be against), anything more than one year is a disaster.

vCash
    At this point in their respective careers, how far off Ichiro is Dickerson?

vCash
    Stopgap downgrade from Swish. I can't stress enough that he was hot and cold in NY and did not play well his entire time here. I like him on the team but it could get ugly it he goes back to his .300 OBP.

vCash
    Ichiro is NOT a downgrade from Swish...
    Ichiro is a far superior fielder in the OF.
    Swish could not hit .300 to save his life, Ichiro has done that most of his career.
    I am not sure who has the better power. It has been said that Ichiro can hit for power but chooses not to... if that is true, he may even be a better power threat than swish is.

And the biggest reason he is not a down grade.. at this point in his career, he will be cheaper than swish... in years and $$$/year as well.. it's not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Swish could not hit .300 to save his life, Ichiro has done that most of his career.

I am not sure who has the better power. It has been said that Ichiro can hit for power but chooses not to... if that is true, he may even be a better power threat than swish is.

And the biggest reason he is not a down grade.. at this point in his career, he will be cheaper than swish... in years and $$$/year as well.. it's not even close.
    Except for the years that matter the most, the last two when he hasn't come close to hitting .300...

LOL come on man. I would think the better power hitter is the one that has actually hit for power his whole career.

I don't want to come off as defending Swisher at every point but when crazy stuff is posted I have to at least point it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    I think the biggest no brainer resigning is Ichiro. I think he takes 1 year, but I would go two years 15 million. Here are some of the reasons:

1.) Yankees really don't have any outfielders close to ready. - We have one or two nice players stuck in AA or something. Nothing real good. So why Bother?

2.) Yankees are NOT in the market fore a big time outfielder. If they were it would be Josh Hamilton, who would be a horrible move because he can't stay healthy and would be a train wreck in New York City.

3.) He is NOT a HR hitter, but I would expect him to hit 15. Look he hit 6 in 267AB in NY, so 15 isn't exactly no power.

4.) He doesn't strikeout. Keep in mind Ichiro hit at the bottom of the order. Yet he managed 32 RBI in 267AB. Project that out to about 70RBIs out of your #9 hitter who has no power.

5.) He plays a good rightfield. Swisher for some reason wasn't bad. But Ichiro is good. He has a cannon for an arm and he can cover well.

6.) He wants to be here. Enough Said!

Simply put this is a low cost (by Yankee standards) move. This is a professional hitter who can thrive here. As the season wore on he was a very big part of the Yankees winning the division. He was the one player who hit in the ALCS.

$15 million for a hot 16 games?

Just bring back Swish for $60 million and call it a day.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    $15 million for a hot 16 games?

Just bring back Swish for $60 million and call it a day.
    No thanks.

Bob Rules!
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Ichiro signs.

Nostra-BOB-us.

Bob, will the world end on 12/21?